Is It Ever Right To Grass?

This is all way off the original post but it's interesting all the same.

Personally I just don't believe you can live both sides of the fence......if your a straight runner then you have to follow the rules and the rules say you phone the law and leave it to them.

I just don't buy that your common or garden accountant is going to go round to a boozer and serve it up to a bloke so that he never walks it talks the same again.......it's just not going to happen.

If you was into that then you would be into it full time.

Your ordinary blokes feet won't touch the ground when the law hears about any type of violence and they WILL hear about it.

Your bloke who takes the kids to the park and plays golf with his pals don't want to end up 10 years behind the door.....no f***ing way

When you say live both sides of the fence there are more and more straight going people choosing street justice over law enforcement these days like i say all areas have a few looneys people dont need criminal associations to find such people and its probably due to weak judges and poor sentancing as much as anything....let me ask you this Wilf.....lets pretend im a violent man....if you knew i had a bee in my bonnet for shoplifters for example........would you consider it grassing to give me the name of a shoplifter knowing im going to iron him out .......or can a person only be described as a grass if its police that are brought in ?.....Its not a trick question im just curious as to what people actually consider a grass to be.

Edited by gnasher16

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So if you suspect child abuse, you think that you have the same ability to determine guilt as the authorities? Or would you not do anything unless presented with undoubtable proof?   What about terr

Bloody hate Facebook   Especially those that give a running commentary of their life   Who gives a fook if you've just opened a bottle of wine

For something as silly as that then it's a definite "No".......all your being is a f***ing busy body

Posted Images

As said, in this case . . . . no. It won't help the hares, and it won't help the sport.

But in general, I hate the morons who think reporting anything at all is a grass.

I believe the classic thl line on the topic was something like "grasses are as bad as peados". . . . . . . if you think like that you need to take a good look at yourself!

I agree with the last statement mate but can you tell me the difference between reporting someone and grassing someone ?
Why would anyone want to "report" anything? More people need to mind their own business.

The only exception is child abuse. And then I can think of better solutions than ringing someone.

Ok. . . . .I accept that you and many others would quite like to come across like some kind of ninja vigilantee hardman over the internet. . . . .

But lets face it, in many cases, those that observe these kind of things, genuine wrong doing etc, i.e child abuse, animal abuse etc, are not able to "go round an batter" the perpetrator, or perhaps they may not wish to (i.e they have previous convictions, Fire Arms certs, or a job that would instantly be lost). What should they do? Just ignore it and do nothing for fear of being a 'grass'?

And what if, by reporting it to the police, a greater investigation would occur, netting a lot more evil scum, than the single bloke you'd 'sort out'.

I have never had occasion to report anything to the police and generally avoid them, but I pay taxes, and it'd be nice to think they were actually out there harassing real bad guys. So why not report somethings?

Oh yer, wait. . . . someone on the internet might not think i'm hard or 'real'.

Not sure why or how minding my own business makes me a ninja hard man. I do my best to avoid trouble. Kind of the opposite of a "ninja vigilante hardman" as you put it.

You've just said you've never had occasion to report anything to the police. That's because you've minded your own business. If you had of gone out of your way to find something to report then you would of found it.

Sorry mate, just thought about that, and I was being a bit of a prick. I know what you mean, but the rest stands. Sometimes we come across situations which are just not right and need stopping, and not everyone can do that. . . . . so they need someone to help. Why shouldn't it be the police? Its why we pay tax. Rather have them out sorting out nonces, rapists etc than hassling lampers, kids smoking pot, folk with pit bulls etc. . . .

As for keeping ones self to ones self. . . . . . sometimes all thats needed for evil to flourish, is for good men to stand by and do nothing. Not sure who said that, but someone brighter than me.

Lol no worries. We can all be pricks from time to time. Especially on threads like this.

Fair point and well made ?

• Like 1

Personally I just don't believe you can live both sides of the fence......if your a straight runner then you have to follow the rules and the rules say you phone the law and leave it to them.

I just don't buy that your common or garden accountant is going to go round to a boozer and serve it up to a bloke so that he never walks it talks the same again.......it's just not going to happen.

Your ordinary blokes feet won't touch the ground when the law hears about any type of violence and they WILL hear about it.

Your bloke who takes the kids to the park and plays golf with his pals don't want to end up 10 years behind the door.....no f***ing way

When you say live both sides of the fence there are more and more straight going people choosing street justice over law enforcement these days like i say all areas have a few looneys people dont need criminal associations to find such people and its probably due to weak judges and poor sentancing as much as anything....let me ask you this Wilf.....lets pretend im a violent man....if you knew i had a bee in my bonnet for shoplifters for example........would you consider it grassing to give me the name of a shoplifter knowing im going to iron him out .......or can a person only be described as a grass if its police that have been told ?.....Its not a trick question im just curious as to what people actually consider a grass to be.

Interesting question. Taking it a step further, if you say, found out someone was a dog theif and you told all your dog owning mates etc, would that be grassing? Because its very similar to telling all of the shop owners who a shop lifter is. . . .

None of this is anything like lamping a few hares. Its a hunting forum ffs and people are now talking about nonces and rapists like its a similar circumstances.

Yeh we have come a bit off track. Lol.

In short I don't think any of us should even consider grassing on our own, ie other countrysports lads. But then like someone said earlier, there are some wronguns amongst us who only do damage for us all.

• Like 1

When you say live both sides of the fence there are more and more straight going people choosing street justice over law enforcement these days like i say all areas have a few looneys people dont need criminal associations to find such people and its probably due to weak judges and poor sentancing as much as anything....let me ask you this Wilf.....lets pretend im a violent man....if you knew i had a bee in my bonnet for shoplifters for example........would you consider it grassing to give me the name of a shoplifter knowing im going to iron him out .......or can a person only be described as a grass if its police that are brought in ?.....Its not a trick question im just curious as to what people actually consider a grass to be.
Decent enough question, I can only reply for me obviously, but if I knew you I may talk to you about it but if I didn't know you then I wouldn't .........if I did know you and talk to you about it then I certainly wouldn't expect or want you to do anything about it.

If I knew you had a particular thing for shoplifters then I probably would not tell you about even if we were pals knowing you would go off and get yourself in bother.

I don't want to go to the Nic and I certainly don't want anyone to go on my behalf as it were.

Plod gets paid to deal with these folk so let them deal with it.

Once upon a time the British local copper may have turned a blind eye to folk ironing out a local shitbag but not anymore......your rightful avenger type will be the one doing bird and the shitbag will be in a hotel getting his shopping paid for.

You used an interesting phrase, "street justice", well imho there's no such thing.....there's just violence.

Now people can dress violence up any way they like in my opinion but when all is said and done it's just violence.

All the violence I have seen in my life came down to a few things, the biggest was money.....next was position and after that it was because when violent men mix there will on occasion be violence......justice had absolutely f**k all to do with any of it.

Righting a perceived wrong isn't justice, it's just getting your own back and sending a warning to anyone else that they will be hurt if they upset certain people........justice never features once.

Would I cry that a peado got tortured to death?.....no......would I see it as justice?.....yes probably, but those cases are so rear that they don't even really mean anything in terms of this conversation.

The majority of your ordinary blokes gripes would be along the lines of "I'm going to iron someone out cause they took my car stereo" and to me, it's not even worth the bother if you get my drift ;)

JMHO

Edited by WILF
  • Like 6

Good post Wilf, i totally agree.

I honestly think people talk about so called 'street justice' far more than it actually happens. Usually it's just a big 'ol who-haw about nothing, people running around screeming about whats coming when actually nothing is or does.

It's all that 'cool gangster' mentality that gets banded about these days and the usual result is that some poor soul gets the shit end of the stick, whilst the original target gets lost in the crowd...

Could someone tell me where this so called "not grassing" code comes from ?.........I mean I understand that you never betray your pals but when did it start applying to everyone in the world ?

I mean do people seriously expect me to believe that (if your an ordinary Joe soap with a family and a job) you would rather do somewhere between 10 and 25 years behind the door than make one phone call to the old bill if you found out a bloke was beating his wife and kids or something ??

For what?.....to protect your "name"?.......a name probably no one has ever heard about nor do they care !!

Come f***ing off it !!

When would an ordinary Joe soap who minds his own business find out about a bloke beating his wife and kids?

Hear it down the pub? Or see a woman with the odd bruise? Is that enough to ring the police and grass on a potentially innocent bloke? Surely not?

Surely minding your own business is the better option?

what do you tell a wivie we two black eyes ????

f**k all you have told her twice !!!!

• Like 1

Decent enough question, I can only reply for me obviously, but if I knew you I may talk to you about it but if I didn't know you then I wouldn't .........if I did know you and talk to you about it then I certainly wouldn't expect or want you to do anything about it.

If I knew you had a particular thing for shoplifters then I probably would not tell you about even if we were pals knowing you would go off and get yourself in bother.

I don't want to go to the Nic and I certainly don't want anyone to go on my behalf as it were.

Plod gets paid to deal with these folk so let them deal with it.

Once upon a time the British local copper may have turned a blind eye to folk ironing out a local shitbag but not anymore......your rightful avenger type will be the one doing bird and the shitbag will be in a hotel getting his shopping paid for.

You used an interesting phrase, "street justice", well imho there's no such thing.....there's just violence.

Now people can dress violence up any way they like in my opinion but when all is said and done it's just violence.

All the violence I have seen in my life came down to a few things, the biggest was money.....next was position and after that it was because when violent men mix there will on occasion be violence......justice had absolutely f**k all to do with any of it.

Righting a perceived wrong isn't justice, it's just getting your own back and sending a warning to anyone else that they will be hurt if they upset certain people........justice never features once.

Would I cry that a peado got tortured to death?.....no......would I see it as justice?.....yes probably, but those cases are so rear that they don't even really mean anything in terms of this conversation.

The majority of your ordinary blokes gripes would be along the lines of "I'm going to iron someone out cause they took my car stereo" and to me, it's not even worth the bother if you get my drift ;)

JMHO

We,ve gone off on a bit of a mad one here but human nature can be a fascinating subject.....in my opinion the difference between a grass and a snitch is like night and day a grass is gaining from his actions be that monetary gain or freedom/saving his arse etc etc....he physically gains something......whereas a snitch is no more than a busy body curtain twitcher who likes to get into peoples lives but not get too far in where it gets uncomfortable.....better or worse ?.... some people can do either or both some can do neither.

The whole street justice thing is in all of us....whether we actually acknowledge it or not is another thing........some would say its our intelligence as a species after all no other species holds court to direct a course of action on a perpetrator.....groups of dogs or lions will act in the here and now ( street justice ).....but lets be real given the opportunity to hold court on a paedo how many of us would pack him away to the specials wing for a few years and how many of us would prefer to individually spend 1 minute with him in a room without windows ?....... just because its rare doesnt mean to say that street/social justice over procedural justice isnt within all of us......its just that we humans are more intelligent.....apparently :whistling: ....so to say theres no such thing as justice on a here and now level....no i cant agree with that.

Mate, I get you and yes we would all like 5 minutes free pass with a dog like that but the reality is.......it's probably never going to happen so then we are back to the day to day petty gripes.

As you say, it's interesting stuff.......ATB

There's a prick at work who's a grass and when you pull him up about it he's says there's a difference between being called in for a chat and running to the boss , a fifty year old prick who thinks it's going to help him up the promotion ladder

shit in his lunch box mate I would !!

Ffs if it affects me or. A friend or is down right thieving rotten bar stewards then yeah I'd fooking shop them geez ffs I can't believe what I'm reading in some posts, I hate thieves full stop, must be because I'm a reliable honest geezer .

Edited by bracken boy
  • Like 1