Tyson V Wlad Off..

He,s nothing to do with the south London Mckenzie,s no....i remember Leon I though he played for Palace though....bit silly a title eliminator he can only of had a handful of fights i guess the surname helps.... there was another brother as well Winston he was a colourful character his career ended early after he detached a retina,the brothers took a pub down Croydon way which was closed down after a massive drugs raid Winston went on to become a Ukip candidate believe it or not..... funny character he was i think Duke being the sensible one and a tv pundit etc he turned his back on him which caused a bit of a family feud.

Ovil is the sort of guy who will just bide his time and keep coming back he,s just grateful to be earning money from fighting it wouldnt surprise me at all to see another fight with Bellew down the line and i think it could be a whole different match up at cruiserweight.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I reckon cushty took a dump outside his house and scared him of... Apparently it's the traveller's equivalent to the mafia horses head

What if, and it's just an idea fellas...   What if Wlad and his very experienced team decided that Fury made such a scene at the press conference the other day that they would teach him a little les

I heard he slipped on an unknown persons shit outside his garden

He,s nothing to do with the south London Mckenzie,s no....i remember Leon I though he played for Palace though....bit silly a title eliminator he can only of had a handful of fights i guess the surname helps.... there was another brother as well Winston he was a colourful character his career ended early after he detached a retina,the brothers took a pub down Croydon way which was closed down after a massive drugs raid Winston went on to become a Ukip candidate believe it or not..... funny character he was i think Duke being the sensible one and a tv pundit etc he turned his back on him which caused a bit of a family feud.

Ovil is the sort of guy who will just bide his time and keep coming back he,s just grateful to be earning money from fighting it wouldnt surprise me at all to see another fight with Bellew down the line and i think it could be a whole different match up at cruiserweight.

Now you mention that winston i remember him standing for UKIP ...obviously any promoters going to uses the family name...but totally agree he's fought nowhere near enough to be anywhere in contention for a British title...met Leon a few times at local boxing events he's a nice lad...but having watched a few of his fights (on youtube) i dont see anything too special to be brutally honest...but i wish him all the best...i know a few Norwich lads follow him

As much as i'm not a fan of Bellew...i have no doubt a third fight with him and Ovill will yeild the same result as the last two...he turned out a great display against Ramierz...but allways seems to come up short against the better quality British fighters...did you see his fights with Maccarinelli?...Ian john Lewis's stoppage of the first fight was criminal...if it would of been aloud to run its course would of finished with the same result as their 2nd(in my opinion of course)

Do you remember Dennis Andries Mr.Brindle ? I constantly liken Ovil to him,very tough durable men who didn't seem effected by wear and tear like the rest of us.Late on changes of trainers that made massive impacts on their career.Both lost a lot of fights early on Ovil lost 5 times before he challenged for a British title ! ...when he came to the Peacock we all knew straight away he wasnt a natural light heavy some fighters can make the scales but cant make the fight he has never lost a fight at cruiserweight.The second knockdown against Bellew was a heavy shot and he did well to recover but at cruiserweight i don't think Bellew could hold a punch like that from Ovil.

Again like Dennis Andries he isnt blessed with great skills but everything else is in place heart,desire,condition.....who knows....i genuinely hope he can reach his goals he's a lovely fella and a good pro....yes Staffs riffraff he's from Derby

• Like 1

Do you remember Dennis Andries Mr.Brindle ? I constantly liken Ovil to him,very tough durable men who didn't seem effected by wear and tear like the rest of us.Late on changes of trainers that made massive impacts on their career.Both lost a lot of fights early on Ovil lost 5 times before he challenged for a British title ! ...when he came to the Peacock we all knew straight away he wasnt a natural light heavy some fighters can make the scales but cant make the fight he has never lost a fight at cruiserweight.The second knockdown against Bellew was a heavy shot and he did well to recover but at cruiserweight i don't think Bellew could hold a punch like that from Ovil.

Again like Dennis Andries he isnt blessed with great skills but everything else is in place heart,desire,condition.....who knows....i genuinely hope he can reach his goals he's a lovely fella and a good pro....yes Staffs riffraff he's from Derby

I certainly do remember Dennis Andries, Gnasher...remember him battering a past his best Tony Sibbson when he went up to light heavy...just before Sibbo called it a day...Andries fought a higher caliber of opponent than Mckenzie...but i can see what your saying in regards to Heart desire and character...i hope Ovill gets a rematch with Ramirez...as i dont remember the matches with Bellew being classic's...and i just cant see the out come being any different than when they met at light Heavy

Whats your opinion on the up coming Joshua-v-Whyte fight??...

Wasn't andries always believed to be older than he let on? Always enjoyed his fights, the rascal sure had spirit!

Yokel

He had no contact with his parents from a young age and just lost track of how old he was and nobody could confirm it :D ......so he said !

• Like 1

I certainly do remember Dennis Andries, Gnasher...remember him battering a past his best Tony Sibbson when he went up to light heavy...just before Sibbo called it a day...Andries fought a higher caliber of opponent than Mckenzie...but i can see what your saying in regards to Heart desire and character...i hope Ovill gets a rematch with Ramirez...as i dont remember the matches with Bellew being classic's...and i just cant see the out come being any different than when they met at light Heavy

Whats your opinion on the up coming Joshua-v-Whyte fight??...

I just dont think Ovil was the same fighter as he is now.....but you might be right maybe im being optimistic :D

To be honest I think big Josh is going to blast in and through Whyte I dont think he,ll have any answer to him.....how about yourself whats your view ?

I think Anthony will blast him out as well, but I'd rather if he just Jabbed and moved for a couple of rounds, control the fight and pace himself, use the fight to try a few things and not just rely on his strength, a learning process for when he faces stiffer opposition.

I think Anthony will blast him out as well, but I'd rather if he just Jabbed and moved for a couple of rounds, control the fight and pace himself, use the fight to try a few things and not just rely on his strength, a learning process for when he faces stiffer opposition.

I was saying the same thing to a lad at work the other day. He should play with Whyte a bit. Try out a few things. Get a few rounds under his belt.

But I don't think that's his style. He will get in, get the job done and get out. And who can fault him really.

• Like 1

I was saying the same thing to a lad at work the other day. He should play with Whyte a bit. Try out a few things. Get a few rounds under his belt.

But I don't think that's his style. He will get in, get the job done and get out. And who can fault him really.

im sure he will want to proove a point a get the job done asap

Yeah, when he's get the blinkers on, he just wants to take them out.

Heavyweight boxing and "try a few things out" . . Mmmm not sure that's a good recipe, especially as White is unbeaten and will have some belief having beaten Joshua in the amateurs. . I mean Joshua does need all the experience he can get. I believe he the future of the heavyweight division. I see Wladimir retiring before that match is made. . A good fight where Joshua would be tested is against the Russian Povetkin