If You Could Go It Alone

Well at the moment I'm real busy with the fencing and I hope that continues. But I'm not wanting to be digging holes away into my 50s so I've a few ideas to make money a bit easier.

Because I have a bit of ground here I was thinking about breaking cars.......surely if you can buy a car for 200/300 quid and you strip it down and sell it as parts you have to make a bit.?

Another idea is shot blasting of some kind.....don't see much of that about these parts.

And my retirement plan is to turn my yard into nice stables.......money for nothing these horses. Maybe the fad of horses will have died down by then though.

Or I could just win the lottery......that would be just dandy and then I could piss about investing it in up and coming business's...?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I suppose it all comes down to what you class as living well........if having "stuff" is what you mean then let me tell you, it's not the be all and end all. Now sure, it's nice to have "stuff".....b

I started up myself just over a year ago I passed my driving and my boss at the time was due me a few pounds and a window rounds 70 customers in a total mess we just went when we had a day of fencing

You and me both matey! I'm determined to invent something and become a millionaire..... only one problem...   One day, probably in my 80s, I'll figure out what I want to do with my life! LOL

Just reinstalled my disliking for people who dont want money this topic lol. Got an ex mate who at 22 went onto the sick and was fine with it. Paid for his weed n he spent every day on the xbox lol. If anything he should be on the sick for that because it aint normal to want that for a life.

Dads mate spent his whole life in n out of the nick. He had had money not a millionaire or anything but his been comfortable. Lost it all n now his given up on life it seems. Lost all ambition both legal and illegal lol, happy to be on the sick n have the rent paid and a few beers n chips on the weekend.

My mum n me never argue over money we argue about money itself lol. She works her arse off real long hours and dont get much really. Told her id lend her the money to rent a shop near our new area. Saves her traveling and shes a proper people person. Everyone from all walks of life loves that she dont pretend to be anything she aint and dont sugar coat it. Has people traveling to where she works past more local shops just cause shes there for a chat. Xmas she comes home with more gifts than anyone. Anyway she didnt wanna know, told her shell probably earn more money and she replies "i cant miss what i never had". I f***ing hate that line lol you see other people living well so how can you not want it.

Anyway rant over gonna go watch dragons den in bed lol.

Dare the world is full of people like your mum mate ;)

Its also full of ambitionless idiots who for some reason the social left thinks we should support! I don't get it. my parents are disabled yet worked hard at education and career and instilled that into my brothers and me. Both our kid and me have good jobs and prospects. I go back home and I see lads I went to school with who came from families with more money than me, doing nothing with their lives.

Unless a person is born into money and never experiences the feeling of wanting things they cant have i simply dont understand people who have no desire to better themself.....not everyone obsesses over money but to just accept your fate and not even try to better yourself is just alien to me i dont get it.

• Like 2

Well at the moment I'm real busy with the fencing and I hope that continues. But I'm not wanting to be digging holes away into my 50s so I've a few ideas to make money a bit easier.

Because I have a bit of ground here I was thinking about breaking cars.......surely if you can buy a car for 200/300 quid and you strip it down and sell it as parts you have to make a bit.?

Another idea is shot blasting of some kind.....don't see much of that about these parts.

And my retirement plan is to turn my yard into nice stables.......money for nothing these horses. Maybe the fad of horses will have died down by then though.

Or I could just win the lottery......that would be just dandy and then I could piss about investing it in up and coming business's...

There used to be a guy through in Wishaw that did that Stevie, he started up with a couple of containers and a wee bit of someone else's yard. The last I heard he had a multi acre site and a massive house on a big bit of land he owned....cant remember his name, but he used to advertise in the wee ads in the back of the free car paper you used to get in the garage....worth a shot??

Just reinstalled my disliking for people who dont want money this topic lol. Got an ex mate who at 22 went onto the sick and was fine with it. Paid for his weed n he spent every day on the xbox lol. If anything he should be on the sick for that because it aint normal to want that for a life.

Dads mate spent his whole life in n out of the nick. He had had money not a millionaire or anything but his been comfortable. Lost it all n now his given up on life it seems. Lost all ambition both legal and illegal lol, happy to be on the sick n have the rent paid and a few beers n chips on the weekend.

My mum n me never argue over money we argue about money itself lol. She works her arse off real long hours and dont get much really. Told her id lend her the money to rent a shop near our new area. Saves her traveling and shes a proper people person. Everyone from all walks of life loves that she dont pretend to be anything she aint and dont sugar coat it. Has people traveling to where she works past more local shops just cause shes there for a chat. Xmas she comes home with more gifts than anyone. Anyway she didnt wanna know, told her shell probably earn more money and she replies "i cant miss what i never had". I f***ing hate that line lol you see other people living well so how can you not want it.

I suppose it all comes down to what you class as living well........if having "stuff" is what you mean then let me tell you, it's not the be all and end all.

Now sure, it's nice to have "stuff".....but once you have had it, then you have had it........now I am a big advocate of if you want something then have it, your a long time dead but never get to the point where you think these things matter.

You may be driving a Mercedes one day and a Morris minor the next......if either don't matter a f**k to you then your at the right place mentally imho

You see some people, they seem to have it all but lots of it is fur coat and no knickers and if they lost the lot they wouldn't know what to do because their life is built on shallow things........money is fairly easy in the scheme of things to get, your life, how you are, your relationships with people, with your kids, with your family no amount of money can buy or put right after the event........your kids won't give a toss about your Bentley they will care you didn't go and watch them loose 4-0 at football on a piss wet Sunday morning.

Some things are worth money and some things have "value".......they are not always the same things imho

I look at the likes of Duncan Bannatyne......the bloke has millions.......so a success yes?

Well he has 6 kids from 2 broken marriages......and I have to ask myself, I wonder if at the time his kids were thinking "oh well he has millions" or were they thinking "I wish my mum and dad would stay together and sit with us at tea time every night" ?

His single minded persuit of his business goals may well have cost him both marriages because he was too busy to make time to look after things at home?

Everyone's different, I'm not slagging the bloke, but that wouldn't be a bit of me I am afraid.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 10

I suppose it all comes down to what you class as living well........if having "stuff" is what you mean then let me tell you, it's not the be all and end all.

Now sure, it's nice to have "stuff".....but once you have had it, then you have had it........now I am a big advocate of if you want something then have it, your a long time dead but never get to the point where you think these things matter.

You may be driving a Mercedes one day and a Morris minor the next......if either don't matter a f**k to you then your at the right place mentally imho

You see some people, they seem to have it all but lots of it is fur coat and no knickers and if they lost the lot they wouldn't know what to do because their life is built on shallow things........money is fairly easy in the scheme of things to get, your life, how you are, your relationships with people, with your kids, with your family no amount of money can buy or put right after the event........your kids won't give a toss about your Bentley they will care you didn't go and watch them loose 4-0 at football on a piss wet Sunday morning.

Some things are worth money and some things have "value".......they are not always the same things imho

I look at the likes of Duncan Bannatyne......the bloke has millions.......so a success yes?

Well he has 6 kids from 2 broken marriages......and I have to ask myself, I wonder if at the time his kids were thinking "oh well he has millions" or were they thinking "I wish my mum and dad would stay together and sit with us at tea time every night" ?

His single minded persuit of his business goals may well have cost him both marriages because he was too busy to make time to look after things at home?

Everyone's different, I'm not slagging the bloke, but that wouldn't be a bit of me I am afraid.

that reminds me of that oul ronnie drew song...to work till yer dead for a room and a bed is not the reason i left mullingar..lol

• Like 1

Great post Wilf, a lot of people have lost sight of what really matters imo.

I used to do a lot of work for a fella that had 10's of millions, not sure how much, but 80/100 million possibly? He didn't have one genuine friend in the world, nobody liked him, crap relationship with his kids, and wife, not the worst bloke in the world really, but he couldn't switch off, not be long before he's the richest bloke in the graveyard, and never really enjoyed his life.

• Like 1

My mum used to child mind a girl when we was all young. Her mum and stepdad now are happy to have her attend work related stuff like dinners and parties. Probably as shes stunning lol. Truth is they done sod all with the kid and she calls her mum by name and still to this day calls my mum hers. Never once took their daughter to the zoo or swimming, or showed up to watch her take part in a school play. They got the big house and everything but a real crap relationship with their daughter. Family, friends and morals comes before money for me. That said i want all of the above including money lol.

• Like 3

......money is fairly easy in the scheme of things to get, your life, how you are, your relationships with people, with your kids, with your family no amount of money can buy or put right after the event......

:thumbs:

Just had a couple of lads down from sunderland doing a bit of work for me,one of them is a self-employed window-cleaner up there and earns £4 for a 3-bed semi whereas the bloke who does the local area down here charges £12 for the same sized dwelling,the lad from the north-east said his eyes are well and truly opened.

Just had a couple of lads down from sunderland doing a bit of work for me,one of them is a self-employed window-cleaner up there and earns £4 for a 3-bed semi whereas the bloke who does the local area down here charges £12 for the same sized dwelling,the lad from the north-east said his eyes are well and truly opened.

Wallsend immigrants will do them for £2

Nothing like un controlled immigration to drive down prices

Wallsend immigrants will do them for £2

Nothing like un controlled immigration to drive down prices

The lads were saying sunderland even has polish shops nowadays,times change and not always for the better.