If You Could Go It Alone

Thing is in this country it's no just enough to run your own business , you have health and safety , risk assessments and be able to do your accounts and get them in on time

I hate all that shit...find it easier just to pay someone to it

Vats the worst my accounts are done quarterly and 8 days after my accounts go through online they automatically just take their money

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I suppose it all comes down to what you class as living well........if having "stuff" is what you mean then let me tell you, it's not the be all and end all. Now sure, it's nice to have "stuff".....b

I started up myself just over a year ago I passed my driving and my boss at the time was due me a few pounds and a window rounds 70 customers in a total mess we just went when we had a day of fencing

You and me both matey! I'm determined to invent something and become a millionaire..... only one problem...   One day, probably in my 80s, I'll figure out what I want to do with my life! LOL

I rember a accountant saying the first year is the easiest with grants ect but you have to make enjoy in your first year to cover your second year if you don't do well .Its a dam sight easier and comfortable to sit in a well paying job and just do a bit and dream your living the life how many pesties are going to retire at 55 , 60 with a big liveable pension ?

Little coffee shop and some bud when it all finally does go legal. Look at over in america how much their earning. Trouble is youll have the big money fuckers being able to buy more n sell cheaper. Have to find some sort of uniqueness and make people want to come to yours. Sounds abit of a joke post maybe but think how big the industry is. Wont be for a few years but its bound to happen.

I did a coffee shop management course years ago at willie wortels,there are a number of people with a couple of quid salted away waiting in the wings,when it is legalised,and its only a matter of time,there will be money to be made.Canada,the states,and several other countries are on the ball,Richard Branston has a business plan drawn up already,the bigger corporations like BAT etc will cotton on and cash in,spain has a number of membership clubs,i even knew a few underground cafes in the uk.its just a matter of time.

Oh yeah i werent joking mate. The industry is huge and when it goes legal f**k me be untold money. I know the big boys are gonna get involved but i would say alot of the cannabis community are against that sort of thing. Sure they will make money of course but still think there would be room for smaller companies who find something unique and have the right atomsphere. Like you say its just a matter of time.

• Like 1

I don't know f**k all about the 'smoking culture', however the first question that springs to mind regards these coffee shops is this; if smoking Tabaco is illegal in public places (i.e. coffee shops) then why would they allow it for marijuana? Or is this just my naivety of smoking?

Edited by Born Hunter

Itll be more controlled and less likely to get into the hands of kids if legal. Good point about the smoking indoors though. Guess it would just be dispensaries like over in the states. Watch the youtube video n see how much their earning in the states its crazy.

Love to be self employed and give it ago always said I don't want to be rich just have enough not be constantly worrying and have incentive to work harder !!

"Not constantly worrying" and "self employed" don't really go together !! Lol

• Like 4

Surely if it was purely for smokers it would be okay, just a guess tho and we all know nothing in this country is that straight forward anymore lol

They had that option for Tabaco smokers and didn't go for it. It would be double standards to change that logic for cannabis. Maybe in time legislation would be eased, but initially.....

How many parents would take a can of petrol down to the nearest one if they found them selling it to their kids would be my question ? Lol

Same number of parents that would take a can of petrol down to the nearest off-licence or corner shop their kids were buying cans of lager or ciggies from i guess?Its a legitimate,taxable business,the dispensaries in california,or the members clubs in barcelona,or coffee-shops in holland have strict age criteria,the UK when it follows the states lead will be equally as strictly regulated,the government already licence the growing of 20 tons in this country,when america coughs the UK catches a cold,we will follow suit.

Just picked up the thread. Got a marquee business that I've been running for the last 11 years. Good steady satisfying, heavy as hell work, but lucrative. Bought a little Lazy Spa for the family and guess what. There ain't that many people hiring a cover and Lazi Spa for a weekend of enjoyment. This could be the way to go as I'm not getting any younger. What do you think? Not much set up fee either.

years ago i worked for my self as a landscape gardener i made good money,in the winter months i done loft insulation and worked on the doors for extra cash we were never short of money,had a comfortable life style a few holidays a year happy days

Is there not alot of competiton with the gardening business? Only seems to one of the most common things i hear when people mention going self employed. Know my area seems to have quite a few of em. I like the idea of running something that can be handled online. Only because it then means can live somewhere abit rural where the houses are cheaper.