Countryside Alliance

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it’s any help in clarifying what support (or otherwise) terrierwork has ever received from the Countryside Alliance….   It’s been said elsewhere on this thread that “If it wasn't for the NWTF al

All these big "field sports groups" are wankers to a man.......if it don't involve a gun or a hound pack then you can f**k off !!   And dont anyone mention fishing either cause 99% of fishermen woul

Can you really blame the Countryside Alliance? Look at the French Hunting thread to see people who work terriers give the boy stick because its not "their" type of hunting.   You either support the

Posted Images

The statement ""if you dont subscribe to CA you have no right to criticise it or its activities " Says it all really and focuses on the mindset of some of the members of this association. I dont support or contribute to the Lacs or Rspca but it doesn,t mean I have no right to criticise the scumbags. I pay dues to SACS but have no luck what so ever getting responses to my questions regarding their plan of action for running dogs and lurchers in the future campaigns. I see apathy creeping in within the lurcher and terrier workers and is it any wonder when constant reminders of united we stand and devided we fall appears to be the rallying call on behalf of a select few of the country side sports whilst the rest should give support unquestioningly and doff ones cap for any crumbs that may fall from the upper echelons banquet table. Unity comes when the campaign is promoted and fought on an equal footing and to benerit all people at every level of country sports and activities. I just read the news letter of CA it seems to be a fund raising garden party exercise with I think one mention of terriers and ferrets in all the upcoming events and activities ,, Lads need to question the representatives of the groups and organisations the same as we did with our MP,s otherwise we will find ourselves upthe proverbial creek once again with the paddles in the hands of those with the off shore yachts.

Well do something about it instead of moaning.....start you're own campaign and see how easy it is..... :thumbs:

As long as the CA supports us in parliament who cares that they don't fill their magazine with terriers or lurchers?

It is down to the CA that we can still legally hunt what we can hunt, but I don't hear anyone saying 'Thanks' to them for that?

There's lots going on behind the scenes. :yes:

I think Barrie summed it all up nicely.....

• Like 3

The statement ""if you dont subscribe to CA you have no right to criticise it or its activities " Says it all really and focuses on the mindset of some of the members of this association. I dont support or contribute to the Lacs or Rspca but it doesn,t mean I have no right to criticise the scumbags. I pay dues to SACS but have no luck what so ever getting responses to my questions regarding their plan of action for running dogs and lurchers in the future campaigns. I see apathy creeping in within the lurcher and terrier workers and is it any wonder when constant reminders of united we stand and devided we fall appears to be the rallying call on behalf of a select few of the country side sports whilst the rest should give support unquestioningly and doff ones cap for any crumbs that may fall from the upper echelons banquet table. Unity comes when the campaign is promoted and fought on an equal footing and to benerit all people at every level of country sports and activities. I just read the news letter of CA it seems to be a fund raising garden party exercise with I think one mention of terriers and ferrets in all the upcoming events and activities ,, Lads need to question the representatives of the groups and organisations the same as we did with our MP,s otherwise we will find ourselves upthe proverbial creek once again with the paddles in the hands of those with the off shore yachts.

Well do something about it instead of moaning.....start you're own campaign and see how easy it is..... :thumbs:

As long as the CA supports us in parliament who cares that they don't fill their magazine with terriers or lurchers?

It is down to the CA that we can still legally hunt what we can hunt, but I don't hear anyone saying 'Thanks' to them for that?

maybe that's where there going wrong and instead of doing things behind the scenes and do things a bit more open like !
  • Like 3

Barrie, fair play to you but I will just ask one question.......when was the last time you saw a picture of a working terrier or a lurcher out in the field on the front cover of the magazine the CA send you?........in fact when was the last time you saw any images of this type of hunting in CA articles or litrature at all ?

Did you ever see such an image on those big billboards along the A1 ?.......or in a national newspaper advertisement ?

Do they sell stickers that say "Keep Lurcher and Terrierwork!!" ?

It's all right preaching to the converted, it's Joe public that politicians want a vote from and it's Joe public that need to see the promotion.

JMHO

Hi Wilf

In all honesty...... like too much of the post that comes into this house, the CA Mag gets put on one side and is rarely read.

However, there's nothing to stop someone putting together something topical and submitting it for consideration for publication, along with a covering letter suggesting that many terrier/lurcher owners feel rather left out in the magazine. But PLEASE don't volunteer me for the job LOL.

If it's any help, I do know the CA had terriers on their stand at the CLA Game Fair this year and have done for at least the past 20 or so years.

Y.I.S. - Barrie

• Like 3

I suppose ultimately we can rag the CA till the cows come home, if you don't beleive they are doing you justice then don't give them any money.

End of the day, lads will do what they do and the world outside can go and f**k themselves .

We started when we were lobbying parliament and the Mps and the SNP played the Ace of spades and if I recall the same crap Divided we fall was proffered by your good self on those occasions also as well as luke warm effort from those of your ilk.. I know if lurcher lads and terrier lads dont fight for their corner these so called country pass time champs will try to shaft these sections as they did pre 1984 SO WE WILL FIGHT OUR FIGHT AND YOU DO WHAT EVER IT IS YOU DO.

Edited by desertbred

We started when we were lobbying parliament and the Mps and the SNP played the Ace of spades and if I recall the same crap Devided we fall was proffered by your good self on those occasions also as well as luke warm effort from those of your ilk.. I know if lurcher lads and terrier lads dont fight for their corner these so called country pass time champs will try to shaft these sections as they did pre 1984 SO WE WILL FIGHT OUR FIGHT AND YOU DO WHAT EVER IT IS YOU DO.

And what, exactly, are you doing then?

As a person what efforts and contributions are you making then?

That's a corgie!! One of the queens I'll bet.

Correct me if I'm wrong and I very well may be, but was it not the ca who were willing to sell out terrier work to keep hunting when the ban was looming? And was it basc who saved terrier work for the preservation of game birds? I might be wrong but I'm just asking as I've had to join one of these groups for insurance purposes for reasons I won't go into here but I chose basc because of the above, if I'm wrong please correct me and I'll

Change over.

It's a shame really that lurchers didn't have a powerful group behind them such as basc or ca because I think they truly took the brunt of the ban, maybe if all the groups could stop with their politics they could join together with sections dedicated to a multitude of issues, then they would be a true power house of an organisation

To those that appear to champion the organisation ,i would ask only this ,why is there no insurance attached to our pastime but anything else is covered .It grates me that i cant work a dog legally with insurance attached but i can go out with a centre fire and know i have 10 mil backup to an extent .My own thinking is that we are an embarrasment at best and at worst something they want distance from .This pisses me off .

Ive paid into all of the sporting bodies over the years and attended meetings but now its just the cheapest to provide the cover.

In my life someone has to earn respect not expect it and im afraid these chaps expect far too much of it without giving a shit about us .

The divide you speak of was never created by us but by those who seek to further their own careers by backstabbing and using their position to champion their own sports .Try talking to any CA official about terrierwork and lurchers and watch the f****r squirm .Divided yes ,down and out ,never .

• Like 6

That's fair comment WILF if you've paid then you are entitled to your opinion.

But so often people moaning have never paid a sub and when you delve a bit deeper in actual fact what they want is a right to helm around the countryside in a Scooby driving over crops and releasing two hundred alaunts on every field mouse that lives

Swap scooby for horse and hounds for Alaunts and what have you got? All the lurchers ever bred couldnt damage the countryside and crops as a hunting pack does..

And how do you know about these moaning people who never pay subs? Ive been a member from the start and when it was BFSS but since when did we have to pay in this country to have or be entitled to an opinion?

I know Masters of hunts who wernt members when we marched in London. Ive heard others reminiscing about the great marches and protests with a drink in there hand who I know for a fact never left there farms...so lets have a conversation about gobshites who dont put there hands in there pockets or make any effort by all means but lets not label them all lurchermen eh?

• Like 4

To those that appear to champion the organisation ,i would ask only this ,why is there no insurance attached to our pastime but anything else is covered

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think you were the member who put up a post about ratting a few weeks back so I'm guessing that's your "pastime" I've just checked my policy and although it doesn't single out ratting it does say terrier work and if that doesn't fulfil the criteria it also says vermin control so that would be your avenue for cover surely?

post-89974-0-16670600-1440100722_thumb.jpg

• Like 1