Countryside Alliance

I think my subscription for The CA is something like £5 per month which gives you insurance cover if nothing else and I have used there insurance when one of my terriers ended up scrapping with a spaniel whilst out, the guy tried to claim up to a 4 figure sum off me for vets bills CA dealt with it completely no hassle they were fantastic. Also they are the only large Pro Field-sports lobbying organization that have any clout whatsoever like Darcy says divided we fall. we should all be behind them because they represent our best chance of getting any sort of ban lifted.

• Like 1

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it’s any help in clarifying what support (or otherwise) terrierwork has ever received from the Countryside Alliance….   It’s been said elsewhere on this thread that “If it wasn't for the NWTF al

All these big "field sports groups" are wankers to a man.......if it don't involve a gun or a hound pack then you can f**k off !!   And dont anyone mention fishing either cause 99% of fishermen woul

Can you really blame the Countryside Alliance? Look at the French Hunting thread to see people who work terriers give the boy stick because its not "their" type of hunting.   You either support the

Posted Images

You must have seen a different side to them then mate .Ive no problem with the class distinction they make ,and its there but i have a problem with being looked down on because i work terriers as thats definately there too.We are one of only a few country pursuits where insurance is nul and void if you partake .Ill stick up for anybodies freedom but would be nice to see the bodies we pay into, actually championing our pastime.

• Like 7

Hunt a rat but not a mouse, absurd.Hunt a rabbit but not a hare,absurd.Flush a Fox from beneath ground for the preservation of ground nesting game birds but not for livestock,absurd.These unworkable laws are not fit for purpose,and neither are the person's who implemented them.We were victims of political class warfare and sleazy sensationalism of the tabloids.

• Like 6

All these big "field sports groups" are wankers to a man.......if it don't involve a gun or a hound pack then you can f**k off !!

And dont anyone mention fishing either cause 99% of fishermen wouldn't piss on a hunter if they were on fire !!

There endeth the lesson !!

• Like 10

And as an aside, if you want a bit of paper for insurance purposes then your better off with the NGO......they hate you too but at least they don't charge you the earth to do it !! Lol lol

All these big "field sports groups" are wankers to a man.......if it don't involve a gun or a hound pack then you can f**k off !!

And dont anyone mention fishing either cause 99% of fishermen wouldn't piss on a hunter if they were on fire !!

There endeth the lesson !!

Bang on Wilf :thumbs: Said it myself about the fishermen and got shot down for it,but thats the fact,angling cant get enough distance between itself and fieldsports.I don't buy into this "big picture"tosh either :hmm: whats the big picture??? from what I can see its sort the Hunts out first and the rest gets sneaked in below the radar over time or by association....(hopefully) Doesn't seem much of a plan to me,more wishful thinking....

• Like 2

Best thing to do is "your own thing" and whatever happens HAPPENS! Take responsibility for yourself and therfor you wont have anyone to blame or to relye on and thats the long and short of it. That's my opinion

Edited by young man
  • Like 2

Divided we fall fella's............ :victory:

Keep seeing that quote JD....last week I was handed a copy of the CAs magazine off a pal who shoots,it contained plenty of shooting,mounted packs etc I saw the word "terrier" printed once,this was in a generic advertisement,coursing /lurcherwork/ferrets were not mentioned at all :no: seems the divides already well and truly in place mate :yes:

Was there articles on fishing, falconry, longnetting, squirrel shooting, mink hunting and pigeon decoying in it ?

What you're looking for is a magazine on terriers and lurcher .

Can I suggest EDRD ?

Cop on to yourself and look at the big picture, like most folk with a little bit of common sense do.

Yes basically there are plenty of campaigns and promotions for fishing,shooting and falconry in the quartely magazine and on the grass roots emails.

I don't think that they want to give us any rights and then brush us away from having anything good. A lot of normal people don't mind hunting, but things are changing again, they don't want you to think for yourself or have anything good. The antis dirty words, spread over and over. Lots of people out there, that like terriers and hunting, who might have seen it years ago! Another problem ccoming, Some of what you think are our comrades, ready to do the same and Give the game a bad name, and doing wrong un tricks!

• Like 1

I've just noticed the mad human types are trying to ban hare coursing in Ireland? I wonder what there main body will do to stop it? The countryside alliance and whatever it was called before have done nothing to protect our way of life , as a worker of terriers it distanced itself from people like me . Can you ever remember an add on TV for us , ever read anything in a newspaper ie advert for pro hunting ? These people you would hope are highly educated and well connected ? I've never been pressured into giving cash over to help our cause, yet our opposition have practically robbed people to get cash to help the banning , they should hang there heads in shame, aswell as losing the right to control animals with hunting dogs, we are now the new hated , I now know how black people and gays felt . Even as a minority we have no rights and are hated all over , where's the alliances balls ....well chopped off . I hope the Irish have some fight . These cheeky animal rights txxxxxs have no right to ban anything , and we've let them

Congratulations, so far two pages of in-fighting among hunters.

What's the goal ? Ten pages ?

I'm not here to fight the CA's corner but nine times out of ten the people moaning and complaining about them don't pay membership and never have. If the majority of the paying members were into coursing, lamping, rabbiting, fishing etc etc then they'd have to put more into it it's a simple case of giving the paying members what they want surely?.

• Like 2