Countryside Alliance

I agree they do push the MFH agenda before others because they put more bucks in to C.A. Pockets. Certain orgs will always have more sway depends on membership numbers. Over here the NARGC would have the biggest clout followed by the HAI. But that doesn't mean everyone else is forgotten about. If organized properly then individual orgs can fight their own corner and make progress.

Would you think the major or minority of Lurcher workers have C.A. Membership?

I would think Lurcher owners/workers are in the minority as CA members. Thats a pity because despite all our opinions and knowledge of fox hunters attitude to anyone barr themselves and there power within the CA we are all better to have one voice when it comes to politics. I will always defend hunting with dogs as a whole because its all the same to me,that is working dogs be it Lurcher,terrier Spaniel or Hound. Its a pity I have to be lumped in with a lot of horsey folk who think its all about them though and who will still be able to ride long after the dogs have vanished..

• Like 4

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it’s any help in clarifying what support (or otherwise) terrierwork has ever received from the Countryside Alliance….   It’s been said elsewhere on this thread that “If it wasn't for the NWTF al

All these big "field sports groups" are wankers to a man.......if it don't involve a gun or a hound pack then you can f**k off !!   And dont anyone mention fishing either cause 99% of fishermen woul

Can you really blame the Countryside Alliance? Look at the French Hunting thread to see people who work terriers give the boy stick because its not "their" type of hunting.   You either support the

Posted Images

I've just noticed the mad human types are trying to ban hare coursing in Ireland? I wonder what there main body will do to stop it? The countryside alliance and whatever it was called before have done nothing to protect our way of life , as a worker of terriers it distanced itself from people like me . Can you ever remember an add on TV for us , ever read anything in a newspaper ie advert for pro hunting ? These people you would hope are highly educated and well connected ? I've never been pressured into giving cash over to help our cause, yet our opposition have practically robbed people to get cash to help the banning , they should hang there heads in shame, aswell as losing the right to control animals with hunting dogs, we are now the new hated , I now know how black people and gays felt . Even as a minority we have no rights and are hated all over , where's the alliances balls ....well chopped off . I hope the Irish have some fight . These cheeky animal rights txxxxxs have no right to ban anything , and we've let them

coursing will never be banned here,but them coursing clubs need manners put on them thinking they own the hares,

• Like 1

True Nans, I was on their site the other day.......fecking hell !!.......they like a rule and a regulation !!

And dont even bother if you don't have a coursing greyhound from bloodlines registered with them !!........and same again, the inference that blokes outside this "clique" should not be allowed to run hares !!

• Like 1

True Nans, I was on their site the other day.......fecking hell !!.......they like a rule and a regulation !!

And dont even bother if you don't have a coursing greyhound from bloodlines registered with them !!........and same again, the inference that blokes outside this "clique" should not be allowed to run hares !!

thats them alright,do as we say not as we do..lol

I agree they do push the MFH agenda before others because they put more bucks in to C.A. Pockets. Certain orgs will always have more sway depends on membership numbers. Over here the NARGC would have the biggest clout followed by the HAI. But that doesn't mean everyone else is forgotten about. If organized properly then individual orgs can fight their own corner and make progress.

I would think Lurcher owners/workers are in the minority as CA members. Thats a pity because despite all our opinions and knowledge of fox hunters attitude to anyone barr themselves and there power within the CA we are all better to have one voice when it comes to politics. I will always defend hunting with dogs as a whole because its all the same to me,that is working dogs be it Lurcher,terrier Spaniel or Hound. Its a pity I have to be lumped in with a lot of horsey folk who think its all about them though and who will still be able to ride long after the dogs have vanished..

Well said. But my question was do you think the majority or minority of lurcher owners are C.A. Members? Or members of any working dog organization or have insurance to cover them while hunting? Agree about being lumped in with everyone, but as Lurcher owners haven't considered it important enough to set up themselves and defend their sport "them is the breaks". ;-(

I've just noticed the mad human types are trying to ban hare coursing in Ireland? I wonder what there main body will do to stop it? The countryside alliance and whatever it was called before have done nothing to protect our way of life , as a worker of terriers it distanced itself from people like me . Can you ever remember an add on TV for us , ever read anything in a newspaper ie advert for pro hunting ? These people you would hope are highly educated and well connected ? I've never been pressured into giving cash over to help our cause, yet our opposition have practically robbed people to get cash to help the banning , they should hang there heads in shame, aswell as losing the right to control animals with hunting dogs, we are now the new hated , I now know how black people and gays felt . Even as a minority we have no rights and are hated all over , where's the alliances balls ....well chopped off . I hope the Irish have some fight . These cheeky animal rights txxxxxs have no right to ban anything , and we've let them

coursing will never be banned here,but them coursing clubs need manners put on them thinking they own the hares,

That is some craic lads! WTF? I don't think it is ICC greyhound men need much manners put on them. It is illegal in Ireland to course a hare if you are not an ICC club member? Maybe that is why they think all the hares are theirs. Also if it wasn't for the brilliant men involved in the ICC at the top level in coursing then coursing (closed & open) would be a thing of distant memory. FACT. Regards rules and regulations. These rules and regulations have ensured the sport has remained and ensured greater protection for their sport and the hares they course. Ditto for all other orgs. The amount of clowns with dogs including lurchers is what does the damage. Running hares cold out of the seat with zero law given or lamping dopey hares at night? Take a look at the Facebook pages for lurchers..... Says it all really. At least the ICC has done something for their game! What have Lurchermen done as yet, besides bitch about the C.A.? Come on lads call a spade a spade. One last thing it was the coursing club (UK) that first agreed upon a closed season for hares (a conservation measure) back in the 1800's..... The rules started a long time ago and for good reasons.

• Like 3

Said this time and time again ...,,they would have sold lurchers and terrier men down the river without a second glance if they thought for one minute that they could have let the packs carry on unabated....,,

Invalid detest fishermen as on the way to the countryside march in Edinburgh, we passed dozens out in the rivers.....pricks ....

And as for all the matches, I always got the notion it was all very nice and a jolly day out for the Liberty livelihood nonsense

That is some craic lads! WTF? I don't think it is ICC greyhound men need much manners put on them. It is illegal in Ireland to course a hare if you are not an ICC club member? Maybe that is why they think all the hares are theirs. Also if it wasn't for the brilliant men involved in the ICC at the top level in coursing then coursing (closed & open) would be a thing of distant memory. FACT. Regards rules and regulations. These rules and regulations have ensured the sport has remained and ensured greater protection for their sport and the hares they course. Ditto for all other orgs. The amount of clowns with dogs including lurchers is what does the damage. Running hares cold out of the seat with zero law given or lamping dopey hares at night? Take a look at the Facebook pages for lurchers..... Says it all really. At least the ICC has done something for their game! What have Lurchermen done as yet, besides bitch about the C.A.? Come on lads call a spade a spade. One last thing it was the coursing club (UK) that first agreed upon a closed season for hares (a conservation measure) back in the 1800's..... The rules started a long time ago and for good reasons.

its legal to course a hare here in the north,we had to take hares off them 1 time netting hares and shipping them over the border,letting hares go were they wernt lifted from,running dogs with muzzles on,lol might as well have a shower with a raincoat on ffs,its us lurchermen exersise the hares for them,lol

I have seen loads of hares round me the last 6 months, I have not had the urge to run any as I would rather let them breed......they must have heard about my shite dog as they even trot up my drive way in the mornings sometimes.

Of course I would never break the law, but if it was legal I would be happy in the knowledge that I had left them alone and there would be plenty of running come autum and winter.

• Like 2

It amazes me how many people take terriers out without a shotgun. You cannot under the act flush quarry from underground without the intension to shoot it. You can miss or not be quick enough to get a shot but you must have a gun present with intention to shoot to be legal.

ive more chance of flying than getting a gun licence, Hence the question mate

You dont need a licence or a gun if there is someone with you who has got both. The law says that the intension must be to shoot. The CA wont back you if you are not legal. Thats what this topic was about originally. Are you a member btw?thanks for telling me I didn't need a licence when someone was with me with a gun who has a licence, sometimes I get chance to go out on my own though and no I stopped giving the ca money 20 years ago

its legal to course a hare here in the north,we had to take hares off them 1 time netting hares and shipping them over the border,letting hares go were they wernt lifted from,running dogs with muzzles on,lol might as well have a shower with a raincoat on ffs,its us lurchermen exersise the hares for them,lol

Nans Pat, It surely is not a perfect world we live in....... apologies when I said Ireland I did mean ROI.

BUT as you live in Northern Ireland you might want to check out the Wildlife and Natural Environment Act (Northern Ireland)????? Best to keep yourself informed.

• Like 1

you can kind of see where their coming from though-ladies international cancelled again this year-i dont have a problem with a good dog catching a hare-people hunting leverets,lamping them etc is another story..id say there is no representative body for lurcher owners in ireland or britain..granted theres some that might want yere support in their own intrests but they think yere scum really

Well said. But my question was do you think the majority or minority of lurcher owners are C.A. Members? Or members of any working dog organization or have insurance to cover them while hunting? Agree about being lumped in with everyone, but as Lurcher owners haven't considered it important enough to set up themselves and defend their sport "them is the breaks". ;-(

I did answer the question quite clearly,please dont play games.Quite a lot of lurcher lads go where they want and dont worry too about the law...at least they have that in common with the hunts.

Edited by jeemes

I would say law breakers are in the minority in my experience as here in gods country there is no need to stray as game is plentiful everywhere as we nurture it lol.

No need to tarnish them all for a few idiots too lazy to do the legwork for permission .

• Like 3

Where I live its mostly shooting estates that butt up to each other. Getting permission for terrier work isnt too bad but lurcher lads would have more chance of winning the lottery. My nearest permission is 40miles away and I travel much further. Attitudes do vary quite a lot I think but shooting is an industry that excludes most other activities.