Ghosts\ghost Stories

Heres a less scary one of mine...

Me an two mates were lamping, winter time, we lamped for hours, till about three am, then it started pissing down from the heavens, it had already been raining moderatley all night, an wke were wet an cold, an a long way from home, so we called it a night....

We got back to the car an started are journey home, we were in back arse of donegal, stunning land, mountaneous an moory, anyway on our way back it was still coming down heavy, my mate wasdriving, we came to a part of the road were there was a few old houses in the middle of nowere, hust before we got to the houses, i looked up ahead an there was a figure standing just of the wee road at the edge of a big hedge, i said whos this to my mates, at this hour, still pissing down, in the back arse of donegal, we drove past an looked but couldnt make out if it was a man or woman, standing still, no movement, i said will we go back an see if there alright, cause as i said above, back arse of donegal, no houses, ( just broken down old ones) four am, an pissing down, but deceided not too, the figure was in black, an hard to see if it was man or woman...

This occurence happened on two other ocasions on different parts of the country....

sounds like Daniel o donnell

Maybe lol

• Like 1

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One night many years ago when i was thumbing a lift home after a few drinks a small car pulled up alongside me it was very wet and cold so without hesitation i jumped in closed the door and looked

A few years ago I had the opertunity to go on a ghost walk in a old castle with a well known ghost program host. We where in Bolton castle on Halloween night and not much was happening. In one of the

That was spooky, I just read that post and instinctively knew what was gonna be in the next one   Cheers, D.

Posted Images

I always figure the black hooded cloaked character was a poacher... It is when I'm out and about at night ,I stand still when cars go past in a ghostly manner..

maybe we should all do the same and start a ghost spotting Phenomenon... like crop circles...lol.

This topic has been done before and I contributed then.

To all those who claim not to have seen a ghost I have one question;

How do you know?

As can be seen from people's stories they ain't all chain-rattling,attention-seeking zombies who appear for our benefit. More like ordinary folk going about their business without realising they have moved on. At least they probably don't have the bother of having to pay tax or go to the loo.

• Like 4

I Believe People Theres A Simple Explanation To Anything Off This Nature When People Genuinely Believe They've Witnessed Something !!

yeh (vivid imagination ) the brain most powerful muscle in your body :yes: . . I bet 20£ quid anybody reading this post will before the week out , will have some kind thought either in day or when they go to bed regards ghosts or strange experiences , because you brain will hold it in your subconscious :yes: , talk about ghosts or read about ghosts , and your brain will d the rest , its very easy to scare your self, human beings are brill at that . :yes:

that doesnt explain when 2 or more people see the same thing though.

yes it does , even strangers you never met, just because you never met them, they prob got over active imagination , just like any person before or after that sees ghosts or strange things . it really is in your mind 200% , it all stems from fear of the dark, our ancestors (cave men) feared the dark with wild creatures that would+ could kill them . so it s been with us from the word dot. and modern human mind will even see things in daylight lol, feck me I can scare me self very easy if wanted, many time when before I was married and even now , when ive spent time on my own in the house. you here things that you aint heard before, and some times see shapes that you never seen before .lol Put YOUR MIND RIGHT and you want see nout, its the same if you said to a person stay the night in haunted house, I bet 100£ quid they see some thing :yes: because the mind ready for it, you've primed it up read+see to see things :yes: its all in the brain box .!!!!!

In this modern age of science we humans think we know it all and if something is a mystery we automatically try to come up with a logical reason for it.

But, we're not as smart as we'd like to think and don't have all the answers.

I've seen the old cures working a few times, often in front of other people and when you ask them what do they think they just seen they'll tell you they don't believe all that mumbo jumbo. Even though they've seen it with their own two eyes.

Only last week I asked a nurse how she could explain a cure I'd seen work and her reply it's all nonsense, only medical science can cure ailments.

That didn't answer the question though.

• Like 1

I Believe People Theres A Simple Explanation To Anything Off This Nature When People Genuinely Believe They've Witnessed Something !!

yeh (vivid imagination ) the brain most powerful muscle in your body :yes: . . I bet 20£ quid anybody reading this post will before the week out , will have some kind thought either in day or when they go to bed regards ghosts or strange experiences , because you brain will hold it in your subconscious :yes: , talk about ghosts or read about ghosts , and your brain will d the rest , its very easy to scare your self, human beings are brill at that . :yes:

yes it does , even strangers you never met, just because you never met them, they prob got over active imagination , just like any person before or after that sees ghosts or strange things . it really is in your mind 200% , it all stems from fear of the dark, our ancestors (cave men) feared the dark with wild creatures that would+ could kill them . so it s been with us from the word dot. and modern human mind will even see things in daylight lol, feck me I can scare me self very easy if wanted, many time when before I was married and even now , when ive spent time on my own in the house. you here things that you aint heard before, and some times see shapes that you never seen before .lol Put YOUR MIND RIGHT and you want see nout, its the same if you said to a person stay the night in haunted house, I bet 100£ quid they see some thing :yes: because the mind ready for it, you've primed it up read+see to see things :yes: its all in the brain box .!!!!!

So 2 blokes see the same thing and it's in their head from ancestors and their imagination?

Nah mate I ain't having that.

• Like 2

I don't want to right mine now :laugh: do I believe in ghosts? Yes, only through the fact I've saw 2 things in particular that I nor anyone that was there can explain it.

Ah I'll share it anyway. First one was when we moved to an old farmhouse, grew up there was great. Although every Sunday nearly without fail (a couple years AFTER we moved in) we would see a man pass by the living room window, we thought it was the farmer, kept running out trying to beat it to the door - we never did. There was 5 of us saw it at the same time one of these people was the farmers girlfriend she was in with her newborn. Later when she told him what happened he said there used to be an old man lived there before it was renovated he used to sit with his feet up on the window sill. Weird right? Well that's not it, I was about 10 and my mum went out 10min later I heard the door open and someone walk in up the hall and to the bottom floor bedroom (his room) I called out no one answered I rung my mum she was no we're near the house.

Week or two later me and my mums cousin was sitting in kitchen it had glass panels on door, corner of my eye I saw a shadow bottom of door - turned round and I saw a shape of a tall man standing at the other side I could see his body warmer! I turned looked at my mums cousins and she had saw the shadow of it. Give us the creeps to say the least.

I do have the other thing but I'd rather not put it on tbh, not thought about it in ages. I'll see later I might come back!

In this modern age of science we humans think we know it all and if something is a mystery we automatically try to come up with a logical reason for it.

But, we're not as smart as we'd like to think and don't have all the answers.

I've seen the old cures working a few times, often in front of other people and when you ask them what do they think they just seen they'll tell you they don't believe all that mumbo jumbo. Even though they've seen it with their own two eyes.

Only last week I asked a nurse how she could explain a cure I'd seen work and her reply it's all nonsense, only medical science can cure ailments.

That didn't answer the question though.

it really is all in the mind neil , it don't matter if you got IQ of brain surgeon to a dust man , we all got one thing in common a over active imagination to see things that cant be explained . my parents are dead , and many a time I would have loved a chat to my old mom, more so as ive got older, and I know in my heart that if she wanted to talk to me she would have done it many a time by now, but it never happened . so what I would say to anybody with parents are loved ones still alive cherish them now, as they long while dead and you never see them again with a normal mind, but you will see them with a (over active imagination) and I know what I rather have of the two , a normal mind . :yes::yes:

I wish these f***ing ghosts and spirits would show themselves to me. LOL

The human brain can be effected in ways we don't understand or would hardly believe. If everything was as simple as folks tend to think then a lot of the famous magicians would never have been able to step on a stage and fool hundreds of people.... You don't have to be crazy to be fooled....

The human brain can be effected in ways we don't understand or would hardly believe. If everything was as simple as folks tend to think then a lot of the famous magicians would never have been able to step on a stage and fool hundreds of people.... You don't have to be crazy to be fooled....

see this is it, we're I get confused. I also believe in logic - I'd try explain things before I'd jump say oh my god there's a ghost! Lol.

Then on the other hand in what way will the brain affect a non believer into a person who's just saw something that's against what they think is right and can't explain... I'm soo confused!

I know too well the mind plays tricks on you, other wise I'd of saw one of them mutant rats the other week :laugh:

Is there any difference between people who swear they have seen ghosts and people who swear they have been abducted by aliens? Apart form the anal probing of course.

I think so maybe, cause them abductees actually go with the aliens and see about there motor or whatever AND then they speak about these probes. They go into a whole new world of crazy than us who thinks we've saw something :laugh:

Is there any difference between people who swear they have seen ghosts and people who swear they have been abducted by aliens? Apart form the anal probing of course.

I think so maybe, cause them abductees actually go with the aliens and see about there motor or whatever AND then they speak about these probes. They go into a whole new world of crazy than us who thinks we've saw something :laugh:

My point is are both real? neither real? both imagination?

see this is it, we're I get confused. I also believe in logic - I'd try explain things before I'd jump say oh my god there's a ghost! Lol.

Then on the other hand in what way will the brain affect a non believer into a person who's just saw something that's against what they think is right and can't explain... I'm soo confused!

I know too well the mind plays tricks on you, other wise I'd of saw one of them mutant rats the other week :laugh:

Who knows....

All I'm saying is the human brain is a very powerful organ and it can be affected by many environmental factors. People have been literally made to experience alien abduction and spirits etc. through certain electrical/magnetic fields. Hundreds of people in the same room have been made to think objects have disappeared from in front of them. I'd be willing to guarantee there is much we don't know about it and it's these things that lead us to supernatural explanations. When things appear impossible by our natural laws we give them supernatural explanations..... That's says more about our understanding than the natural laws of the world to me...

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1

So 2 blokes see the same thing and it's in their head from ancestors and their imagination?

Nah mate I ain't having that.

it don't matter , 22 blokes seen the same thing, or things they cant explain , the brain very powerful muscle its calling the shots . a couple who I knew who were what call very down to earth , clever ,rational , people . they moved to a new house, well a old house really, in London . now straight away the house looked like it had character it was prob built just after the 2nd w/w . now this couple were doing jobs in the house at different times day+night , and they had lights going on/off and things moved from one room to another . at 1st they thought whats going on lol, but after a while they sussed what was happing . 1st lights prob, faulty wiring , 2nd things being moved , what had happened (they) had been working hard for a month in the place , and hadn't d realised that they moved them few secs before lol. with loads things going on in there minds work, travel,money, etc there minds were all over place. once they been there for a year or so everything settled down . its the same if you said to somebody if you were lamping, that a certain wood a body was found there, ill bet pound to a penny that somebody will have seen some strange shapes or a person there after lol , because the mind primed for it, its ready and waiting .lol