Best Age To Start

I hope ya well on your permission when the time comes for ya dog.but hopefully ya bring some one along that knows what there doing and to expect out of a young dog

I will take a decent terrier man with me hope he reads this lol
  • Like 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leethdog you sound like a young man eager for action like many of us when we started off our life with working terriers. You will need to be patient for your dog’s sake and for your own future enjoyme

started my old dog brock at 10 month old and hes never looked back, 1 of me pups here out of him is the same age and seen a fair bit for her age watching round the holes and rats mooching etc, but she

When their heads matured ..Many want in at an early age Let them mature first..More dogs are fecked through being entered too early

Posted Images

Just a question from a novice so what if the dog doesn't self enter is it a cull in you opinion

i suppose it depends on yourself. Some people are happy to wait till a dog is 2 and a half to see if it will go.
and if it doesn't goo after been shown a few times it's diffently a cull.ud expect this question from a young lad not a middle age man
well the thing with the question is I don't get the work or die mentality I personally could not pts a healthy dog as I'm a soft c**t I suppose but it seems if you want to work terriers you have to be emotionally detached from your dog's
well if the dog doesnt work your stuck with a dog that cant do its job...
nuts off find a pet home for a well balanced well trained house broken terrier shouldn't be to hard round here
.if he doesn't work when out he Shudnt come home that's what has this game f****d to many failures being past round.then again a fool whit money is easy parted Edited by undertaker

Just a question from a novice so what if the dog doesn't self enter is it a cull in you opinion

i suppose it depends on yourself. Some people are happy to wait till a dog is 2 and a half to see if it will go.
and if it doesn't goo after been shown a few times it's diffently a cull.ud expect this question from a young lad not a middle age man
well the thing with the question is I don't get the work or die mentality I personally could not pts a healthy dog as I'm a soft c**t I suppose but it seems if you want to work terriers you have to be emotionally detached from your dog's
nuts off find a pet home for a well balanced well trained house broken terrier shouldn't be to hard round here
.if he doesn't work when out he Shudnt come him that's what has this game f****d to many failures being past round
???????????????? With no nuts he won't come lol

This is what the sites.for people to learn and ask questions i say one.thing for him in his short time involved he's took the right route askeThe right questions and got him self some top. Permission just a time situation now mate waiting for the pup to.grow lol

Edited by Zilverhaze
  • Like 1

Very good advice here.I'm a lurched man and consider a dog a pup until its one yr old.any young dog will try to self enter but its when it get the ivory's treatment could ruin it.I believe you can see a mature dog by the looks.the way it carry's itself.you just get the feeling its ready. I'm butting in here as I don't own terriers but go out with a few lads.very interesting tho reading others posts

.if he doesn't work when out he Shudnt come him that's what has this game f****d to many failures being past round

I agree Lee you don't have to put a healthy dog down,some people on this forum must shoot more terriers than fox's.

and why should finding a pet home for a dog F**k up the terrier game.

• Like 1

I agree Lee you don't have to put a healthy dog down,some people on this forum must shoot more terriers than fox's.

Cause peddlers buy a failed dog under the guise of a pet home and breed from them for profit.= ,pups from shire backgrounds Edited by Qbgrey

Cause peddlers buy a failed dog under the guise of a pet home and breed from them for profit.= ,pups from shire backgrounds
if you bothered to read the post you would of read it would have its nuts off before it left my care

Lee, While I can see your Heart is in the right place, I wondered whether you have thought about what you intend to do? I am one of those guys who lives in the real World, I wonder how long it would take to fill all the Animal Shelters in the Country, never mind your area. A failed Terrier, especially, is a liability to be a Family Pet, whether he has his nuts or not. I can tell you a story about when I tried to do the right thing many Moons ago, I hasten to add, because my Mrs forced me to!! Part of my trying to become a softer person.......

I had a well bred Russell, which took a hiding during a successful dig, but badly jibbed the next time out and after trying another day, was definitely not fit for my purpose. My Mrs knew a neighbour of her Family member after a Russell and talked me in to letting them have her in between my checking she was a cur or not. I did give her to them and they spent many a Family outing waiting for her to come out of Settes and Earths and then many hours waiting in Vets waiting Rooms and lots of money, Not fair on the Terrier, cruel, in my opinion........confirmed I had been doing the right thing for years!!

These Dogs are bred for work and many fall by the wayside, what would happen if all the failed working dogs, of any breed, were owned by guys thinking like yourself? Try not to live in a Cinderella fantasy World and think whether you are cut out to be a worker of Terriers.

• Like 4

Lee, While I can see your Heart is in the right place, I wondered whether you have thought about what you intend to do? I am one of those guys who lives in the real World, I wonder how long it would take to fill all the Animal Shelters in the Country, never mind your area. A failed Terrier, especially, is a liability to be a Family Pet, whether he has his nuts or not. I can tell you a story about when I tried to do the right thing many Moons ago, I hasten to add, because my Mrs forced me to!! Part of my trying to become a softer person.......

I had a well bred Russell, which took a hiding during a successful dig, but badly jibbed the next time out and after trying another day, was definitely not fit for my purpose. My Mrs knew a neighbour of her Family member after a Russell and talked me in to letting them have her in between my checking she was a cur or not. I did give her to them and they spent many a Family outing waiting for her to come out of Settes and Earths and then many hours waiting in Vets waiting Rooms and lots of money, Not fair on the Terrier, cruel, in my opinion........confirmed I had been doing the right thing for years!!

These Dogs are bred for work and many fall by the wayside, what would happen if all the failed working dogs, of any breed, were owned by guys thinking like yourself? Try not to live in a Cinderella fantasy World and think whether you are cut out to be a worker of Terriers.

i have to agree, theyre bred for work, and if they cant do that they shouldnt be passed on. Theres too much shite dogs around as it is imo.
  • Like 3

sounds like that bitch would have become a legend if you'd given her to some of the THL gang!

Sounds like she went back to work for the new owners and maybe shamo was a bit to quick in getting rid :hmm: ..

Sounds like you need a bit more experience and to catch on with the scenario I described. Read the Post again, especially the bit about waiting for her to come out. How long do you expect a Dog to do below ground, do you put a figure on it? Maybe you would have been one of those guys who'd make a hero out of her. Facts are facts, she wouldn't stay until dug to, but come out in the condition as if she had done hours. Trust me Fireman I knew what a good dog was back then, as well as being able to know when a dog had jibbed.
  • Like 3