Best Age To Start

So the dog would go to ground and have a go?But walk when the shovel went in the ground?only ever seen them walk when the lazy c**ts too busy bragging and smoking fags to get down to dog,normally followed by it comes away when it's killed the quarry.Lol.The poor pet owners would wait for hours your words,yet you couldn't get dirt on the bank?That tells me all I need to knowatb

• Like 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leethdog you sound like a young man eager for action like many of us when we started off our life with working terriers. You will need to be patient for your dog’s sake and for your own future enjoyme

started my old dog brock at 10 month old and hes never looked back, 1 of me pups here out of him is the same age and seen a fair bit for her age watching round the holes and rats mooching etc, but she

When their heads matured ..Many want in at an early age Let them mature first..More dogs are fecked through being entered too early

Posted Images

Not sticking up for shamo but I had a dog before that wud just run around in a earth all they cud never get a steady mark to dig it out.she didn't see a pet home if they don't work pts is safest and best all round

Edited by undertaker
  • Like 1

Any dog that's properly healed and fit should never walk imo,owners need to take a hard look at their own faults and take responsibility for spoiling said dog,they not machines.I got a chocolate bitch free to pet home that's not got the heart.She will be spayed before she goes.Why shouldn't it get a second chance?

• Like 2

my baby lad can take food from her mouth.just cause she can't be dug don't mean it don't deserve to live?If I was as ruthless as half the clowns on here I'd of dragged litter after litter out of her and sat back and counted the coin.thats the difference between a real dogman and a f***ing pretender.dont know why I waste my time on here way to many know it alls-in truth they don't know shit from toothpaste.atb

• Like 1

I don't know why you come on here either.......you have learnt feck all and contributed a lot less

Undertaker, I don't need sticking up for mate...........some show their level of knowledge and EXPERIENCE and it also shows some can't read carefully and deliberate the information provided.

Each to their own and standards vary, both in Dogs and Men.

• Like 4

The way some dogs work its impossible for them to stay for Eva I no a dog like this and it's produced more consistent digging dogs than any I've seen todate ime no authority on working terriers but I've heard of lads who no alot more than me that a dog whatnot the best for.digging due.to work.style can be a he'll of a producer

• Like 1

Zilverhaze..............when I said they were waiting hours for her to come out, that was collectively. In the same way they spent hours waiting in the Vets.........They used to take her Vets some times with the slightest injury, it was a Family Pet Home. I thought I wouldn't need to explain all that. I have also known Terriers, over many years, who wouldn't stay to be dug to, once the Shovel was being used and they were being pushed around. Also pre B&F it took more than an hour sometimes to get a decent mark and find your Terrier, especially on Fence Lines, under Pylons and numerous other interferences. I remember digs taking hours before the Shovel hit the ground........... A fit and healthy Terrier, allowed to mature, given enough experience put in spots which can be dug, which doesn't stay until dug to?.............. not much good for me.

My apologies Zilverhaze, the first two lines of the last reply was for you and the rest for whoever cares.....lol. The B&F systems on too many occasions have made heroes out of, if pushed harder, Terriers which are curs. Another Topic I know, but sort of goes with expectations.

• Like 1

For ,Me There to many variables to get into proper meaningfull debate without conflict between members ,, types of dogs types of owners types of quarry and what you want from a dog plus every situation is different so with out writing a essay on yourself and your dogs first what you hunt we're you hunt and how your dogs hunt A lot of things are easier to discuss with your mates while your waiting for the dog to get on

• Like 2

Sounds like she went back to work for the new owners and maybe shamo was a bit to quick in getting rid :hmm: ..

Sounds like you need a bit more experience and to catch on with the scenario I described. Read the Post again, especially the bit about waiting for her to come out. How long do you expect a Dog to do below ground, do you put a figure on it? Maybe you would have been one of those guys who'd make a hero out of her. Facts are facts, she wouldn't stay until dug to, but come out in the condition as if she had done hours. Trust me Fireman I knew what a good dog was back then, as well as being able to know when a dog had jibbed.

Well my experiance would have told me that a pet home for a part working dog that will get itself knocked about wouldn't have been the best suited :tongue2: ,but then what do i know eh :thumbs:

• Like 1

I don't know why you come on here either.......you have learnt feck all and contributed a lot less

Undertaker, I don't need sticking up for mate...........some show their level of knowledge and EXPERIENCE and it also shows some can't read carefully and deliberate the information provided.

Each to their own and standards vary, both in Dogs and Men.

my point was that a failed worker Shudnt be rehomed

I don't know why you come on here either.......you have learnt feck all and contributed a lot lessUndertaker, I don't need sticking up for mate...........some show their level of knowledge and EXPERIENCE and it also shows some can't read carefully and deliberate the information provided.Each to their own and standards vary, both in Dogs and Men.

I joined 2010,helped raise money and supply raffle prizes for the first two fishing comps.Its no wonder the Stig and most of the other tidy dog lads no longer come on here?what have you done other than donate a fiver and bite like a bitch.atb

I don't know why you come on here either.......you have learnt feck all and contributed a lot lessUndertaker, I don't need sticking up for mate...........some show their level of knowledge and EXPERIENCE and it also shows some can't read carefully and deliberate the information provided.Each to their own and standards vary, both in Dogs and Men.

I joined 2010,helped raise money and supply raffle prizes for the first two fishing comps.Its no wonder the Stig and most of the other tidy dog lads no longer come on here?what have you done other than donate a fiver and bite like a bitch.atb

This reply did make me chuckle You must believe most of whats been written on here the last few years..Quite a few know what Im on about

• Like 1