Best Age To Start

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leethdog you sound like a young man eager for action like many of us when we started off our life with working terriers. You will need to be patient for your dog’s sake and for your own future enjoyme

started my old dog brock at 10 month old and hes never looked back, 1 of me pups here out of him is the same age and seen a fair bit for her age watching round the holes and rats mooching etc, but she

When their heads matured ..Many want in at an early age Let them mature first..More dogs are fecked through being entered too early

Posted Images

Just a question from a novice so what if the dog doesn't self enter is it a cull in you opinion

i suppose it depends on yourself. Some people are happy to wait till a dog is 2 and a half to see if it will go.

You would be wise to spend more time socializing your terrier(s) ,instead of rushing them and risk ruining one. The stronger your bond with a young dog the better off you will be.

my dogs are socialized more than most mate at this time 9.30am both are laid at my feet on the bottom of the marital bed lol in a minute they will get up and go wake the kids for a cuddle funny little feckers

Lee for a man that has been around dogs all your life you do ask some stupid questions on how to bring on dogs.wud you expect a young lurcher to keep up with bre ban sport on its first outing

no mate but I had a young collie x about 10 months old her first catch was a big old dog fox on rape stubble we were just on exorcise she destroyed it so I know some dogs self enter and some take entering building up like edited to say terrier lurcher chalk and cheese in my opinion Edited by leethedog

Just a question from a novice so what if the dog doesn't self enter is it a cull in you opinion

i suppose it depends on yourself. Some people are happy to wait till a dog is 2 and a half to see if it will go.
and if it doesn't goo after been shown a few times it's diffently a cull.ud expect this question from a young lad not a middle age man Edited by undertaker

Lee your some man for one man stop reading them books and get out more with dogs

lol I get out enough pal I work nights so out most days for 3 or 4 hours off down the stables ratting in a while I've got perm on a 2000 aker farm walking distance from my house so me and my charges do enough

and if it doesn't goo after been shown a few times it's diffently a cull.ud expect this question from a young lad not a middle age man
well the thing with the question is I don't get the work or die mentality I personally could not pts a healthy dog as I'm a soft c**t I suppose but it seems if you want to work terriers you have to be emotionally detached from your dog's

and if it doesn't goo after been shown a few times it's diffently a cull.ud expect this question from a young lad not a middle age man
well the thing with the question is I don't get the work or die mentality I personally could not pts a healthy dog as I'm a soft c**t I suppose but it seems if you want to work terriers you have to be emotionally detached from your dog's
well if the dog doesnt work your stuck with a dog that cant do its job...

no point bringing him out expecting miracles if he doesn't want to go to ground try sellotaping a flash light that might help lololololo
  • Like 1

nuts off find a pet home for a well balanced well trained house broken terrier shouldn't be to hard round here