Here Is Your Best Chance To Do Something About Getting The Hunting Ban Repealed

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Countryside Alliance has launched a new e-lobby as part of its campaign for repeal of the Hunting Act 2004. Take part here and share widely. Members and supporters are encouraged to take part in t

I sent this reply....     Thank you for your reply sir, could I ask you, on what grounds have you made your decision on, im curious as to your expertise in this field, an how you've came to your de

Around the time of the ban, there was a country fair for city kids staged at Staunton Country Park to the north of Portsmouth and my wife and I took along the four and five year old kids we were teach

Posted Images

f***ing scum of the earth and shows them for what they are I'm pleased with the way this media publication tells it how it is with no messing it's just a real shame this isn't a national tabloid paper not that I read papers but the more people that see this kind of thing will see them and how they threaten people with violence ect the media is quick to point the finger and paint all hare coursers as violent organised criminals

• Like 2

just had a second reply off my mp for some reason

Thank you for your recent email concerning the Hunting Act. The Government's manifesto contained a commitment to a free vote on the repeal of this Act and I will be voting to support this measure.
Yours sincerely
Simon Hart MP
  • Like 4

Dear Mr Green

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the Hunting Act. I will consider your respectful comments on the issue.

I am aware that in the last Parliament, a cross-party alliance of MPs and farmers’ groups called for an amendment to the Hunting Act to allow more than two dogs to be used to flush out a fox. The Prime Minister supported this amendment, but there was no agreement between the governing Coalition parties, which would have been necessary for it to be brought before the House.

The Prime Minister has said that a majority Conservative Government will give Parliament the opportunity to repeal the Hunting Act on a free vote, with a government bill in government time, however, no mention of a vote on repealing the Hunting Act was made in the recent Queens Speech and it does not appear that this vote will be brought to Parliament in the near future.

There are a number of flaws in the current Act and many people in the rural community have contacted me in favour of repeal, however, if the vote does come to Parliament, I will consider all of the points of view on the subject before making a final decision.

I appreciate that many people from both sides of the argument have strongly held views about hunting.

Thank you again for contacting me.

Kind regards

Craig Tracey

Member of Parliament

North Warwickshire & Bedworth

• Like 2

An undecided MP just ramp up the pressure as time goes on plenty of negative publicity will surface now when the antis up their threats and intimidation . Just for the hunters to get unified and more so now than ever no stupid random acts that can be used by the antis to scupper this opportunity.

This thred's in to double figures now and for all those who got it this far by adding positive action and done deeds, thank you. To anyone who aint yet, go for it, what ya got to loose..??

;)

this is a response I received from the ASA regarding the video posted by LACS these Lacs are fly as f**k getting an individual posting their shite so it puts them clear of any legal responsibility. At least the ASA are aware of the Lacs and their bollocks propaganda,

Your Complaint

Thank you for contacting the Advertising Standards Authority. I understand you have raised concerns about a YouTube video you saw recently as you felt it may encourage criminal behaviour and child neglect. I’m sorry to learn that this matter has caused you concern however I should say straight away that we are unable to intervene further in regards to the particular video you have identified. This is because the video at the URL included with your complaint was posted by a third party (“Rspca killdog”) not controlled by The League Against Cruel Sports (LACS). It is therefore not classed as advertising and does not fall within our powers to regulate.

You may be interested to know however, that we have previously received similar concerns to your about similar LACS advertising material. Our role is to assess the content of ads and intervene if they seem likely to, amongst other things, be irresponsible or cause harm. While we acknowledge different people may have different views on an ad, in making our assessment we must consider how the ad is likely to be interpreted by the wider audience. When considering these previous concerns about a LACS ad we considered that viewers would be likely to recognise the ad was attempting to portray what a fox experiences when they are hunted with dogs from a human perspective. On this basis, we considered viewers would be likely to understand that the female character had left her child alone in order to draw the danger away, rather than as an incidence of child neglect, and would be unlikely to interpret the ad as a suggestion that it is appropriate for parents to leave their children unsupervised.

Although we are unable to intervene further in regards to the video you saw I would like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us. The ASA website, www.asa.org.uk, contains information about the ASA and the work we do, including the results of our investigations into other recent complaints, many of which have been upheld.

Kind regards,

Kate Howlett

Senior Complaints Executive

Direct line 020 7492 2178

• Like 3