Here Is Your Best Chance To Do Something About Getting The Hunting Ban Repealed

The Country Alliance looks to have once again f****d the ordinary dog lads with there half arsed support of a watered down repeal basically Cameron appears to be doing a Uturn on his pledge once again to REPEAL the hunting with dogs Act. The moving of the goal posts so close to a proposed vote appears that an inside deal has been struck selling the majority of the dog workers down the swannie once again. My personal opinion if this proposal is put forward it will be far easier for the antis and Lacs to muster the majority to keep the Ban in its present form. Every one who can or will again contact your Mps and demand an open vote on the Repeal as promised in the Government manifesto. I understand now the possible reason for no response to my questions to SACS also and the lack of any action from C/A on organising a March . Any members in C/A contact them and ask if their opinions and wishes dont count. It looks like this Bonner character has done his job for the antis, if the reports coming out are true. The fight isnt over untill its over have another go lads and worse comes to worst double your efforts next season :thumbs: carry on hunting.

Edited by desertbred

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Countryside Alliance has launched a new e-lobby as part of its campaign for repeal of the Hunting Act 2004. Take part here and share widely. Members and supporters are encouraged to take part in t

I sent this reply....     Thank you for your reply sir, could I ask you, on what grounds have you made your decision on, im curious as to your expertise in this field, an how you've came to your de

Around the time of the ban, there was a country fair for city kids staged at Staunton Country Park to the north of Portsmouth and my wife and I took along the four and five year old kids we were teach

Posted Images

Rome wasn't built in a day, this is a step in the right direction folks. This time in parliament is only about the increase in the amount of hounds. Nothing else. No one has said that this is instead of a repeal, they're going to try and do the repeal once everything right and they know that the attempt will be successful. Otherwise there's no point. Let's stay positive, let's support and push for increased houndwork. After all, if we all stick together we make a formidable group.

If the amendment is passed it is still ILLEGAL to intentionally hunt a fox with a dog (s), so hunters, lurchermen and terriemen will still be looking for the self-same thing; A repeal.

• Like 2

Plain and simple either Cameron sticks by the pledge for repeal that he appears to be renaging on for a second time. The Repeal or no Deal is the way to go not something that leaves the majority of working dog lads on the wrong side of the fence and the Law once again. Wasnt there a pop song "Its all or nothing"

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 3

Rome wasn't built in a day, this is a step in the right direction folks. This time in parliament is only about the increase in the amount of hounds. Nothing else. No one has said that this is instead of a repeal, they're going to try and do the repeal once everything right and they know that the attempt will be successful. Otherwise there's no point. Let's stay positive, let's support and push for increased houndwork. After all, if we all stick together we make a formidable group.

If the amendment is passed it is still ILLEGAL to intentionally hunt a fox with a dog (s), so hunters, lurchermen and terriemen will still be looking for the self-same thing; A repeal.

I hear ya JD and will endeavour to persevere BUT right now what is Tim doing that could be more important than rallying the 'troops' in their thousands on a site like this...

The CA want us to do our bit but never want to speak directly to us. I really would like to hear his direct views on lurcherwork. Why not use sites like this as a platform. Lets be honest, with the right call most on here would 'storm the ramparts of Westminister' but the CA never seem to grasp that and i believe see us as a dispensible commodity, cannon fodder...

From the Time the second Conservative manifesto was published , before the election 100% of publicity and debate by the country activity groups and the Lacs has been focused on Fox hunting with mounted packs, it appears that the rest of those who want to enjoy country pass times will once again be shafted in order to allow certain sections to enjoy their particular ways of life. Change the vote on repeal to one of "who wants to continue getting buggered " I am sure that would get voted through by all sides in the Parliament

Edited by desertbred

Maybe I don't understand how it works but at the end of the day are mp's not going to just vote the way they feel personally about things unless there was such a clammer they thought it might costs them there jobs in the long run and there nice wage. But because a percentage are pro hunting and a percentage against there is also a large percent that don't care one way or the other so that gives them scope to just vote the way they feel.

Not that we shouldn't try and claw back as much as we can what ever it maybe

The Countryside Alliance has launched a new e-lobby as part of its campaign for repeal of the Hunting Act 2004. Take part here and share widely. Members and supporters are encouraged to take part in the e-lobby, reminding Conservative MPs that a vote on repeal was a manifesto commitment while urging MPs of other parties to support repeal of this failed Act. The e-lobby can be found here.

The e-lobby reads: "This may seem a minor issue besides others the Government faces, but for many of us it is a fundamental issue of personal freedom.

"There was never any justification for the ban in the first place and it was little more than a misplaced attack on the rural community. It has done nothing for wild mammals or their welfare and even Tony Blair has admitted it was one of his biggest mistakes.

"There are many who are willing to voice their views on hunting from a position of total ignorance, but there is also a quiet army of us who know that the ban is wrong. We have a real commitment and understanding of hunting and the countryside rather than a passing interest in spreading prejudice on the internet. In 2002 over 400,000 of us came from all over Britain to march on Westminster in opposition to the ban and there has been no drop in support since.

"Please could you confirm that you will support any move to repeal the Hunting Act."

The Countryside Alliance has launched a new e-lobby as part of its campaign for repeal of the Hunting Act 2004. Take part here and share widely. Members and supporters are encouraged to take part in the e-lobby, reminding Conservative MPs that a vote on repeal was a manifesto commitment while urging MPs of other parties to support repeal of this failed Act. The e-lobby can be found here.

The e-lobby reads: "This may seem a minor issue besides others the Government faces, but for many of us it is a fundamental issue of personal freedom.

"There was never any justification for the ban in the first place and it was little more than a misplaced attack on the rural community. It has done nothing for wild mammals or their welfare and even Tony Blair has admitted it was one of his biggest mistakes.

"There are many who are willing to voice their views on hunting from a position of total ignorance, but there is also a quiet army of us who know that the ban is wrong. We have a real commitment and understanding of hunting and the countryside rather than a passing interest in spreading prejudice on the internet. In 2002 over 400,000 of us came from all over Britain to march on Westminster in opposition to the ban and there has been no drop in support since.

"Please could you confirm that you will support any move to repeal the Hunting Act."

Done !!!

• Like 1

For anybody who didn't read my post in the other thread:

I read my mother-in-law's Observer at the weekend and there were two anti-articles about the vote this week. One was by a new Conservative MP who said she wanted to overturn people's prejudices about the Torys being a bunch of toffs...which is why she's voting to keep the ban in place.

Let's hope that the rest of parliament is basing their vote on what's right for foxes, farmers,wildlife, etc instead of looking trendy.