Here Is Your Best Chance To Do Something About Getting The Hunting Ban Repealed

he's another who's claimed expenses, at the tax payers cost, he claims for a second home in london,

Mike Gapes claimed £1,600 per month to rent a second home in London. His few other claims include £30.98 for photograph frames and £17.97 for a tea caddy

Typical, he must have a fair pad for 1600 a month. No great surprise really with what goes on with them and scams. I must get onto the harmless chap again and tell him he is being ripped off, my rent in his area is only 400 for the month!!!
  • Like 2

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Countryside Alliance has launched a new e-lobby as part of its campaign for repeal of the Hunting Act 2004. Take part here and share widely. Members and supporters are encouraged to take part in t

I sent this reply....     Thank you for your reply sir, could I ask you, on what grounds have you made your decision on, im curious as to your expertise in this field, an how you've came to your de

Around the time of the ban, there was a country fair for city kids staged at Staunton Country Park to the north of Portsmouth and my wife and I took along the four and five year old kids we were teach

Posted Images

Had my reply

Thank you for contacting me recently regarding the Hunting Act and the related Countryside Alliance 'Lifting the ban on hunting' campaign.

I share your appreciation for the British countryside and believe that we need to do more to support communities living in rural areas and to preserve our countryside.

That is why I believe the Government should prioritise the wider issues affecting rural communities such as low wages, the shortage of affordable housing, improving infrastructure and protecting public services.

I know from the many e-mails and letters I have received that there are strongly held views on both sides regarding the Hunting Act. I support retaining the ban on hunting as I believe it is an important animal welfare measure and, as you may be aware, the manifesto I stood on at the General Election also included a commitment to defend the hunting ban. I also believe the Hunting Act has strong support across Britain, including from many constituents who have written to me.

As you know, there has been speculation that the current Government may soon schedule a debate and vote on repealing the Hunting Act, although no date has yet been announced.

I will, of course, continue to listen to the views raised by all constituents on this issue and how we can do more to support rural communities. I cannot, however, currently support repealing the Hunting Act.

Thank you once again for writing to me about this issue.

Yours sincerely,

Rt Hon Ann Clwyd MP

Had my reply

Thank you for contacting me recently regarding the Hunting Act and the related Countryside Alliance 'Lifting the ban on hunting' campaign.

I share your appreciation for the British countryside and believe that we need to do more to support communities living in rural areas and to preserve our countryside.

That is why I believe the Government should prioritise the wider issues affecting rural communities such as low wages, the shortage of affordable housing, improving infrastructure and protecting public services.

I know from the many e-mails and letters I have received that there are strongly held views on both sides regarding the Hunting Act. I support retaining the ban on hunting as I believe it is an important animal welfare measure and, as you may be aware, the manifesto I stood on at the General Election also included a commitment to defend the hunting ban. I also believe the Hunting Act has strong support across Britain, including from many constituents who have written to me.

As you know, there has been speculation that the current Government may soon schedule a debate and vote on repealing the Hunting Act, although no date has yet been announced.

I will, of course, continue to listen to the views raised by all constituents on this issue and how we can do more to support rural communities. I cannot, however, currently support repealing the Hunting Act.

Thank you once again for writing to me about this issue.

Yours sincerely,

Rt Hon Ann Clwyd MP

Write back to her and suggest that while you appreciate her personal views on what basis and evidence does she form the opinion that it is beneficial to animal welfare. When all the available evidence and even the 8 million pound Burns Report funded by the labour Government did not uphold the hunting ban legislation prior to it being introduced, perhaps if it is soley a matter of personal preference maybe she should abstain in the vote to be fair to all sides in her constituency :thumbs:

• Like 6

got my reply from my mp this afternoon. this is how it goes. dont know how to copy and paste so i have had to write it down on a note pad first then write it on here lol

thankyou for your email about the hunting act 2004.

i appreciate the strong feelings that you and others have on this issue your concern for ensuring the welfare of all animals

the conservative manifesto included a specific commitment to give parliment the oppertunity to repeal the hunting act on a free vote, with a goverment bill in goverment time.

in the event of such a vote, i would vote to repeal the existing act. in my judgement this does nothing to protect wild animals, in many cases, is actually detrimental to animal welfare when other methods of control are deployed, several of which can be indisriminate.

i hope you take some reassurance from this.

reguards

blah de blah

• Like 4

This has been my reply from my mp Damien hinds

If some can tell me exactly what he means in lay men's terms I would appreciate it very

Thank you for contacting me about the hunting act.

Many people have strongly held views about hunting, for understandable reasons , I have corresponded on this issue many times over the last five years. Mt opinion has not changed substantially.

Although I do not myself hunt, I recognise the important role of hunting in community life, among other benefits. People that hunt may be in a liberal democracy, being in a minority doesn't mean you are wrong.

In my judgement, the act in many cases can actually be detrimental to animal welfare. It is also poorly drafted. Despite the hundreds of hours of parliamentary time expended.

This sadly to misinterpretation of the act and confusions in its application.

The prime minister has that a majority conservative government will give parliament a free vote on the issue.

I do commit to taking a position on the basis of principle and evidence, and for the reasons outlined above would anticipate voting in favour of repeal of the law in its current for.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact me

And all I wanted was a straight forward yes or no

Jamie, i take it that you ain't bothered to at least take 5 mins to get a letter sent then..???

Not only him mate whats the membership on this site? Even lads who are on the lurcher section havent bothered , Plenty posting but when its time to stand up and be counted many are found lacking in that spark of commitment,

• Like 4

Jamie, i take it that you ain't bothered to at least take 5 mins to get a letter sent then..???

Not only him mate whats the membership on this site? Even lads who are on the lurcher section havent bothered , Plenty posting but when its time to stand up and be counted many are found lacking in that spark of commitment,
Bang on the money there DB.

I honestly thought this thred would go through the roof but sadly on here you'll get more posts on a pic of a big bin licking double 'ard bull cross, or a thred about tit's.

I've put enough posts up on here, Cocker and you too. Feck, how many would have even bothered to look if it wasnt kept going by us?? But tell 'em there's gonna be a march and they'll all be up for a 'jolly' down south, selfish feckers...Shite ain't it!!