Helping People

Since being here in Spain I have gone above and beyond helping people less fortunate. Thing is the two people I have helped the most have burned me and completely put me off ever offering assistance to anyone ever again. Anyone else been in this type of situation where you want to help people but think "why the fuuck should I bother"

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me and the missus took all the kids out for a meal last weekend and very nice it was ... On the way home we stopped at morrisons because we needed milk ... As I whent in there was a fella who is the l

i was on my way to work this morning and saw a fella with a walking stick. its a long country rd so i stopped and asked him why he was walking it this early. he told me his money had beed stopped and

Ive come to realise that the true favours you do people are not about the money you give but the time you give.......anyone can throw a note at someone i think thats often more about helping ourself t

Me and the missus took all the kids out for a meal last weekend and very nice it was ... On the way home we stopped at morrisons because we needed milk ... As I whent in there was a fella who is the local homeless chap sat outside getting himself ready for a night under the stars ... As I was walking around it struck me that I had just spent over £150 on a meal and this chap was probably starving so I bought him a hot pastie a pack of sandwiches and a cup of tea and gave them to him on the way out ... He was chuffed to bits and I felt good that I could offer a small token ... When we got in I went down to feed the dogs and when I got back I asked my son where my missus was and it transpired that she had gone and grabbed a brand new Arctic sleeping bag I bought but can't use as its to warm for me and had taken it and given it to the homeless fella ... He had a double hit that night and although a small token to us would be a massive thing to him .... I can't help but help people but if they shit on me that's it ........

Top man :thumbs: You and the mrs will of made his week.

I always try give something to the homeless round my town, even if you don't have anything to give them just acknowledging them as a human being when you pass them can make their day :yes:

• Like 3

Me and the missus took all the kids out for a meal last weekend and very nice it was ... On the way home we stopped at morrisons because we needed milk ... As I whent in there was a fella who is the local homeless chap sat outside getting himself ready for a night under the stars ... As I was walking around it struck me that I had just spent over £150 on a meal and this chap was probably starving so I bought him a hot pastie a pack of sandwiches and a cup of tea and gave them to him on the way out ... He was chuffed to bits and I felt good that I could offer a small token ... When we got in I went down to feed the dogs and when I got back I asked my son where my missus was and it transpired that she had gone and grabbed a brand new Arctic sleeping bag I bought but can't use as its to warm for me and had taken it and given it to the homeless fella ... He had a double hit that night and although a small token to us would be a massive thing to him .... I can't help but help people but if they shit on me that's it ........

the bloke would of been so appreciative of that by you and your mrs top people

I always buy burgers, kebabs and food for the homeless...

This was two people (separate occasions) where they fell on hard times so I gave them a roof and a chance to get sorted. They both abused it.

i was on my way to work this morning and saw a fella with a walking stick. its a long country rd so i stopped and asked him why he was walking it this early. he told me his money had beed stopped and he couldnt afford the bus fare. so had to walk ten miles to get it sorted.(fcuk me he could hardly stand up straight never mind walk :icon_eek: . anyway i took him where he was going. poor bugger must have thanked me a hundred times. cost me nothing but helped the poor fella.hope he got his money sorted. :blink: its an ill divided world we live in. :censored:

• Like 16

theres people out there when they see some one whos willing to help them they take full advantage of it .. helped many people out only for them to make a mug of me when i needed help , but still dont stop me helping people and even sometimes the people who have done me a bad turn ... its in my nature id give my last penny to some one if i thought it would make there situation better ...

• Like 6

ive always been a bit too generous for my own good,but the last 3-4 people that ive gone out of my way to really help have or have tried to feck me over.

im now realising very few people are just 'down on their luck' for long periods of time,some people are just lazy,useless,devious c@nts,and dont deserve any help.

• Like 2

I'm all for helping the genuinely needy.

Sadly there's a section of society that think they're entitled to all sorts of help and the more help they get, the less they want to do for themselves.

I used to go out my way, but now try to be conservative. My kind nature still occasionally gets the better of me.

Feck me, all the beggars round here (Hampshire in general) turn their noses up at a bit of scran. These days its big business now. A good beggar knows better to smile and take the token gracefully, rather than give the game away...