Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Don't the whippet get things done ASAP or not at all, when given 100 yard or so the whippet ain't going to mix it with desert type stuff is that fair to say

it won’t mix it with them at all if you slip together the coursing bred will lead from the off 

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

it won’t mix it with them at all if you slip together the coursing bred will lead from the off 

Take off is where I see the whippet being strong lol

• Like 1
2 hours ago, green lurchers said:

Yep you know fk all didn’t even spot hare I.n pic I put up carry on mc lamping I wrapped up last wk you crack on all sumner to feed ya fam on hot  desert nights mac hammed 

I thought all decent lads had given up with hares pregnant now, only what Ive read elsewhere mind

5 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

I thought all decent lads had given up with hares pregnant now, only what Ive read elsewhere mind

id normally  stop this week but ain’t seen any pairing up yet 

8 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you’d be wrong mate very wrong 

I'll take your word for that mate, in thick unkept woodland whippet would catch your dinner quicker I reckon 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Chaff said:

I'll take your word for that mate, in thick unkept woodland whippet would catch your dinner quicker I reckon 

ye there great on the bunny’s and in out a hedges woodland  etc what do you run mate 

Edited by mC HULL

At this point we can have a “ what have we learned “ moment mc can’t have learned that    Coursing is a contest between dogs. Bred for speed   it was classed as a sport. Hence the quote “ truest of sportsman dosnt take his dogs out to kill the hare but for the contest between dogs and is happy to see the hare get home “    Non peds fastest dog bar none     Ped whippet beat a saluki over 100 yrds , Saluki x ultimate hare stopping purpose bred dog  ,  mc acmed    Is a lamper and has been converted to the camel shaggers clan  wears robes with welllies while eating Halal kfc.  Xx oh I’m off fishing with fly rod   Prob get a lecture from our Arabian fishing expert on why fly fishing is a cnts game lol 

B95AAB8A-2FCF-4062-9C76-1D86ABE050CF.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3