Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

5 hours ago, green lurchers said:

At this point we can have a “ what have we learned “ moment mc can’t have learned that    Coursing is a contest between dogs. Bred for speed   it was classed as a sport. Hence the quote “ truest of sportsman dosnt take his dogs out to kill the hare but for the contest between dogs and is happy to see the hare get home “    Non peds fastest dog bar none     Ped whippet beat a saluki over 100 yrds , Saluki x ultimate hare stopping purpose bred dog  ,  mc acmed    Is a lamper and has been converted to the camel shaggers clan  wears robes with welllies while eating Halal kfc.  Xx oh I’m off fishing with fly rod   Prob get a lecture from our Arabian fishing expert on why fly fishing is a cnts game lol 

B95AAB8A-2FCF-4062-9C76-1D86ABE050CF.jpeg

yawn lol 

are we poachers or aristocracy 

a whippet or non ped aint beating a coursing bred off an 100 yd slip on arable stop talking nonsense please lol 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

a whippet or non ped aint beating a coursing bred off an 100 yd slip on arable stop talking nonsense please lol 

You're muddying the waters again, Gooey.  On purpose.

No-one, in the whole of this thread, apart from you, is saying the above.

People are saying a whippet will be faster OVER 100 yards, NOT slipped AFTER 100 yards.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

You're muddying the waters again, Gooey.  On purpose.

No-one, in the whole of this thread, apart from you, is saying the above.

People are saying a whippet will be faster OVER 100 yards, NOT slipped AFTER 100 yards.

i’m saying both slipped  at 100 yds on one the whippet won’t lead at any point !

• Haha 2
28 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i’m saying both slipped  at 100 yds on one the whippet won’t lead at any point !

Well, I'm putting everything you've said about whippets, down as a failure on charts', your mentor/teacher.

He's obviously failed, as I thought he would.

@chartpolski

Sorry mate, if you're reading this, but at least you tried.

As I said in the beginning, there are none so blind as those that WON'T see lol. 👍

5 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

Has head gasket gone on this whippet or what.

I think that's the clip that Gooey is basing his opinion on lol.

I think most on here will have seen that clip, mate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, green lurchers said:

At this point we can have a “ what have we learned “ moment mc can’t have learned that    Coursing is a contest between dogs. Bred for speed   it was classed as a sport. Hence the quote “ truest of sportsman dosnt take his dogs out to kill the hare but for the contest between dogs and is happy to see the hare get home “    Non peds fastest dog bar none     Ped whippet beat a saluki over 100 yrds , Saluki x ultimate hare stopping purpose bred dog  ,  mc acmed    Is a lamper and has been converted to the camel shaggers clan  wears robes with welllies while eating Halal kfc.  Xx oh I’m off fishing with fly rod   Prob get a lecture from our Arabian fishing expert on why fly fishing is a cnts game lol 

Maggots were bred for putting cod on the table, fly fishing is for steers he reckoned 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, green lurchers said:

I’m off fishing with fly rod   Prob get a lecture from our Arabian fishing expert on why fly fishing is a cnts game lol 

Only acceptable if your fly line is made of bedouin carpet fibres.  🤓 lol 👍

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Well, I'm putting everything you've said about whippets, down as a failure on charts', your mentor/teacher.

He's obviously failed, as I thought he would.

@chartpolski

Sorry mate, if you're reading this, but at least you tried.

As I said in the beginning, there are none so blind as those that WON'T see lol. 👍

I’ve had the pleasure of timing and handicapping the fastest dogs in the world over the sprint distance………and they weren’t Salukis !

What my protege doesn’t seem to understand is that nobody is disagreeing that the purpose bred saluki hybrid is the best daytime hare coursing dog, but they are not the best at everything !

I’ve seen non-ped whippets murder coursing bred dogs on the first couple of hares, but that’s it, the coursing bred will go on to run more and the non- ped will be finished; they aren’t bred to be stayers, as I’ve said , ad infinitum, they are bred with the sole purpose of being the fastest dog over the sprint distance.

We used to use our non-peds as multi purpose dogs; racing, coursing, ferreting, etc, but I don’t know one person that uses their non-peds for anything other than racing these days. All they are interested in is having the fastest dog and pursuing the elusive Racing Champion title.

An early non-ped of mine, 60’s. Raced and worked;

D27D0045-E1EC-4CCE-97B0-D1A0B9462EA8.jpeg.d7274ecdfd9ecef95dc158a5f63057ab.jpeg

E2CCB293-C7E7-46CE-9D91-1A8A1536EEF8.jpeg.22a2cae0006f3c5bf44642be52dec182.jpeg

A modern non-ped, racing only, and incredibly faster than the early non-peds;

F4FE9583-AC00-4C97-BC0A-FF84C3D30314.jpeg.8ac43d8748bc1942263288080acbfd25.jpeg

Cheers.

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I’ve had the pleasure of timing and handicapping the fastest dogs in the world over the sprint distance………and they weren’t Salukis !

What my protege doesn’t seem to understand is that nobody is disagreeing that the purpose bred saluki hybrid is the best daytime hare coursing dog, but they are not the best at everything !

I’ve seen non-ped whippets murder coursing bred dogs on the first couple of hares, but that’s it, the coursing bred will go on to run more and the non- ped will be finished; they aren’t bred to be stayers, as I’ve said , ad infinitum, they are bred with the sole purpose of being the fastest dog over the sprint distance.

We used to use our non-peds as multi purpose dogs; racing, coursing, ferreting, etc, but I don’t know one person that uses their non-peds for anything other than racing these days. All they are interested in is having the fastest dog and pursuing the elusive Racing Champion title.

Cheers.

So what are u saying 

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

But will they carry that speed on ground that's not ideal?

14 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

But will they carry that speed on ground that's not ideal?

and there is the be all and end all my friend lol 

on arable hunting 

we’re not talking in the summer on firm ground 

i’m talking in the real world lol

2 hours ago, Leatherface said:

Has head gasket gone on this whippet or what.

exactly even in that bud the whippet looks like it’s running faster lol while the saluki looks slow but what’s leading lol