Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

Just now, green lurchers said:

Wat is ideal. For one isn’t for the other even saluki depending on wat terrain and country differ not to sure they have slop in the mid east.  

they have sand lol which is like running slop  lol 

we live in the uk we’re it rains every other day ffs lol 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I’ve had the pleasure of timing and handicapping the fastest dogs in the world over the sprint distance………and they weren’t Salukis !

What my protege doesn’t seem to understand is that nobody is disagreeing that the purpose bred saluki hybrid is the best daytime hare coursing dog, but they are not the best at everything !

I’ve seen non-ped whippets murder coursing bred dogs on the first couple of hares, but that’s it, the coursing bred will go on to run more and the non- ped will be finished; they aren’t bred to be stayers, as I’ve said , ad infinitum, they are bred with the sole purpose of being the fastest dog over the sprint distance.

We used to use our non-peds as multi purpose dogs; racing, coursing, ferreting, etc, but I don’t know one person that uses their non-peds for anything other than racing these days. All they are interested in is having the fastest dog and pursuing the elusive Racing Champion title.

An early non-ped of mine, 60’s. Raced and worked;

D27D0045-E1EC-4CCE-97B0-D1A0B9462EA8.jpeg.d7274ecdfd9ecef95dc158a5f63057ab.jpeg

E2CCB293-C7E7-46CE-9D91-1A8A1536EEF8.jpeg.22a2cae0006f3c5bf44642be52dec182.jpeg

A modern non-ped, racing only, and incredibly faster than the early non-peds;

F4FE9583-AC00-4C97-BC0A-FF84C3D30314.jpeg.8ac43d8748bc1942263288080acbfd25.jpeg

Cheers.

chart id love you or anyone to pop next season and show me a non ped murder one of my dogs coursing to rules i really would mate 

it wouldn’t happen in a months sundays 

not even 3/4 grey 

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

and there is the be all and end all my friend lol 

on arable hunting 

we’re not talking in the summer on firm ground 

i’m talking in the real world lol

Have you run ya dogs on different grounds , prairies  hills small fields. Firm ground  or just lamping to get ya day time pictures x

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

they have sand lol which is like running slop  lol 

we live in the uk we’re it rains every other day ffs lol 

Not as simple but hey wtf do I know having watched em on sand dunes ? It ain’t all sand in the country’s they originate from is it dime bar 

4 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Have you run ya dogs on different grounds , prairies  hills small fields. Firm ground  or just lamping to get ya day time pictures x

if i run me dog on firm it’s like killing mixy rabbits mate 

good going is in the dogs favour ain’t it 

wet going few  frost on there back completely different animal 

mad for lamping and taking pics for day ? i don’t post me days out lamping is just walking me dog winter better at night and you get a few runs 

12 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Not as simple but hey wtf do I know having watched em on sand dunes ? It ain’t all sand in the country’s they originate from is it dime bar 

no tazi in some country running rock stone like malton way lol

why there the most hardy runner there is imagine a whippet running that lol i’d love a dime bar while i watched 

Edited by mC HULL
7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

chart id love you or anyone to pop next season and show me a non ped murder one of my dogs coursing to rules i really would mate 

not even 3/4 grey 

Wat is it you want as when offered you move goalposts . Fastest accelerating dogs whippets non ped and pedigree . .while back you said you’d drop to the floor if any one show you a whippet stopping one single I was here for ya  whippet can’t turn hare I was here again whippet can’t do a min I was here again for ya whippet  is speed saluki bred to wear down prey and fk off and not come back. Now u want to put a whippet ped on non in slips cos you want to run under fk joker. You is funny with ya carry on. Sooner go up the dales than run the quagmire you sing about  the saluki  boys out in the mideast abs loved the vids I showed em of whippets doing the very things you say they can’t. And very.  Respectfully invited to see ther dogs run gazelle. Over dunes as I said before I like wat I done and is far more of a achievement  than killing with a dog bred for killing  any cnt can do that  but it’s painful if your dogs miss that’s where the invented saying came from “a real one “ get fkd mc ya lamping sumner hunter lololol 

14 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Wat is it you want as when offered you move goalposts . Fastest accelerating dogs whippets non ped and pedigree . .while back you said you’d drop to the floor if any one show you a whippet stopping one single I was here for ya  whippet can’t turn hare I was here again whippet can’t do a min I was here again for ya whippet  is speed saluki bred to wear down prey and fk off and not come back. Now u want to put a whippet ped on non in slips cos you want to run under fk joker. You is funny with ya carry on. Sooner go up the dales than run the quagmire you sing about  the saluki  boys out in the mideast abs loved the vids I showed em of whippets doing the very things you say they can’t. And very.  Respectfully invited to see ther dogs run gazelle. Over dunes as I said before I like wat I done and is far more of a achievement  than killing with a dog bred for killing  any cnt can do that  but it’s painful if your dogs miss that’s where the invented saying came from “a real one “ get fkd mc ya lamping sumner hunter lololol 

take a breathe and give your mouth a chance lol 

29 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

not even 3/4 grey 

Let’s put it this way, I’ve consistently said a non-ped is the fastest dog over the sprint distance, 150-200 yards, you keep moving the goal posts.

So, I’ll say one of your dogs, out of traps, on a race track will be well beaten by a top non- ped.

An equal slip on a hare, the non- ped will beat your dogs over the first 100-150 yards, of that Im sure. I’m also sure that as the course goes goes on, you dog would take over and the non-ped would drop away.

They are dogs bred for completely different purposes, one for initial sprint speed, the other for staying power.

If you think the coursing bred is faster than a whippet, a non-ped whippet and a greyhound over a sprint distance, so be it.

Forget about racing or coursing, arable, slop or sand, im simply talking about initial speed over the sprint distance.

Cheers.

• Like 4
Just now, chartpolski said:

Let’s put it this way, I’ve consistently said a non-ped is the fastest dog over the sprint distance, 150-200 yards, you keep moving the goal posts.

So, I’ll say one of your dogs, out of traps, on a race track will be well beaten by a top non- ped.

An equal slip on a hare, the non- ped will beat your dogs over the first 100-150 yards, of that Im sure. I’m also sure that as the course goes goes on, you dog would take over and the non-ped would drop away.

They are dogs bred for completely different purposes, one for initial sprint speed, the other for staying power.

If you think the coursing bred is faster than a whippet, a non-ped whippet and a greyhound over a sprint distance, so be it.

Forget about racing or coursing, arable, slop or sand, im simply talking about initial speed over the sprint distance.

Cheers.

your right on on grass racing me dog be a length or so off a fast non ped 

on a hare on  winter arable the non ped won’t lead at all 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

the fastest greyhound in the world over 480 meter have about 3-4 seconds over a pet saluki at same distance which is a descent bit racing but a coursing bred ain’t a pet pure saluki lol

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

Take it to some summer races see how it fairs on the local rec.

4 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

Take it to some summer races see how it fairs on the local rec.

i don’t have racing dogs mate summer time is lay about time lol i see what happens on the land regular and have done for years 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i don’t have racing dogs mate summer time is lay about time lol i see what happens on the land regular and have done for years 

So, they we have it, whippets are faster for the first 150yd lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

What makes you think a non-ped can’t run on winter arable ?

This bitch from the 70’s, Daisy, sired by a ped whippet to a greyhound dam, (Bilko x Frozen Kill) is, in my mind , the greatest non-ped ever.

20CFCC77-84A3-4D59-8D89-1EE69BC1B47F.jpeg.26075d15980f492256cbcf65e26f83da.jpeg

I saw it beat a coursing bred , two out of two , quite easily, but then that was it, it wouldn’t have got near a third hare.

Its litter brother, Robbo, could also easily stop a hare, but again, didn’t have the stamina to run more than two.

I ran non-peds on all types of ground and they had the initial speed, but once again, not the stamina to run more than a couple, hence why I moved on to lurchers and Salukis, so, I’m not knocking the coursing bred , just speaking from personal experience, so I’ll say, for the last time, a non-ped, in MY EXPERIENCE, will beat a coursing bred over a sprint distance.

Cheers.