When You Know Your To Old

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been happening to me over the last decade,...I knew IT was coming,.tried to fight the ageing process,..but was always on a loser. My problem has not been in getting old,.it has been in accepting the f

You know your getting old when you switch over to the adult channel theres a bird dressed in a little maids outfit and as she bends over to pretend to do some cleaning you think to yourself " f*ck me

Then it will be time to get a quad

I guess if you are a hardcore hunter then theres a job to be done out in the countryside and you,ll find a way to do it as ultimately thats the prize......but for someone like me being out in the countryside is the prize itself,a bit of hunting is just a bonus.....................so id sit about take in some clean air....shuffle about somewhere else.... and generally enjoy the surroundings regardless how i felt.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

Used to travel out while still in school with a hunting buddy who had a banged out fiat with no f***ing heating, you'd be cold for the first few fields after that the body seem to figure out how to turn itself on,

The next field always held so much potential, it was hard to call it a night in those days , the nights end depended on the energy levels of the mutt

Summer as a pain in the ass

Now

The nights are colder , hedges higher, barb wire sharper or maybe I've got to a stage where it don't float my boat as high as it did once

• Like 2

I'm 60 now, still walk the dogs for a couple of hours 7 days a week and can do a few hours ferreting or lamping with no trouble. The problem I've got is that virtually every time I go out now I end up falling arse over tit for some reason or another, and my reactions are so slow that I almost never manage to get my hands out to stop myself any more. You could make an entire episode of you've been framed by following me for a week :laugh:

• Like 3

I am going on 65 now I know what your saying about the arse over tit LOL I just tell the younger lads its an old red indian trick to test the ground with your nose to see if its soft enough to run. I do long slips now so my dogs have to run harder don't catch any where near as many as I used to but still enjoy the daywalking I started at 4 years old with salukis and still love it as much now as I did when a kid though the terrain is different and the tree huggers are more numorous now than the trees they are hugging.The running will continue as long as dogs and quarry are around

• Like 3

Phisicaly demanding jobs dont help as you get older when it comes to spending any free time you have.A true tale thats known around here that always makes me chuckle was when a certain poacher got jailed at the age of 72 some years back now thats dedication. lol

• Like 3

I have noticed recently when i go to a fishing mark that is down a massive slope/cliff sometimes involving a rope descent in parts i have started to think how much of a b*****d it is going to be getting back up whereas all i used to think about were the fish i would catch when i got down there

Edited by robbo

Phisicaly demanding jobs dont help as you get older when it comes to spending any free time you have.A true tale thats known around here that always makes me chuckle was when a certain poacher got jailed at the age of 72 some years back now thats dedication. lol

He must have had some gear on him if they jailed him at that age for poaching, I'm jealous. :D

He must have had some gear on him if they jailed him at that age for poaching, I'm jealous. :D

Think it was down to a lot of previouse and K.O. a keeper so the story goes.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Not only poaching at 72 but scrapping too, it gets better and better. I only hope I'm half as much a handful at that age.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Not only poaching at 72 but scrapping too, it gets better and better. I only hope I'm half as much a handful at that age.

Hard times bred hard man