• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unfortunately a lot of English are sick of hearing how England holds the Scottish back.   This vote has done nothing but fracture the union and Scotland.

I'm absolutely disgusted at the fighting in George square Glasgow yesterday, the whole of Scotland were given a choice and the choice was made, no one is any less a scot for voting no and no one is mo

I cant believe there are all these pages arguing who does this and who said that, at the end of the day either vote yes or no on the 18th, there is absolutely no need for all this hostility over it. J

Posted Images

i dont northen, why i said it will be close..

there are some rangers yes supporters lol,

https://www.(!64.56:886/pages/Rangers-Fans-For-Independence/496385913730588

I know quite a few Celtic fans voting No. Like I said, most seem to understand the gravity of this vote and are thinking of the future rather than the past. Whatever happens it'll be the will of people and we'll all have to accept it and get on with it.

• Like 5

if all yoru bothered about is salmon, vote yes... some of the snp will probaly break away

you and northen are good guys, ofcourse your scots :D but every post i see its about salmon or the snp.. give some good reasons for a no vote, provide a positive case to stay part of the uk, something no have failed to do so far

Edited by Joe1888

I thought at start it was gonna be straight forward no vote but have seen allot of support for yes they'll be as many yes stickers an posters down here as no one things for sure all farms have a no up except one that we fence on there all organic eggs milk and ice cream think they ll see "scottish" in front of there produce will make more £'s if not vote and you can't persuade me other wise cause these tight fisted farmers will only be looking out for there own pockets. Me personally voting no there's not been a persuasive enough argument from the yes side to make my think we could go it alone plus I am scottish and british if we vote yes will I still be aloud to call myself british?

thats what i dont get, ive seen the no signs in fields down borders...

as it stands the uk gov has kept millions the eu gave to scottish farmers.. i think its the real land owners who have the banners in fields.. many estates up here are owned down south

id like to go back to someone elses point about scotland in the eu after yes, i thought what i replied was clear and now its clear scotland would be in the eu after a yes vote..

since then, more information is available

dr nicolar levrat, head of the institute of global studies at the uni of geneva has dismissed claims scotland could find its self outside the eu after a yes vote and would need to wait to reapply...

its becoming more and more clear the only threat to scotland being in the eu is the in out vote in 2015!

He said that Scotland being ejected from the EU would violate the core values upon which it is founded, adding that the EU was not "one day in and one day off," … "it doesn’t work like that".

In a special presentation, arranged on behalf of Newsnet Scotland and Independence Live TV, the Swiss based academic said that the so-called Veto, which No campaigners have claimed could be used by countries like Spain to block Scottish membership, "politically cannot be used".

Dr Levrat also said the consequences of Yes vote on the citizenship rights of Scots, "will not be as dramatic as people pretend".

He said: "So we can imagine where Scotland is not under the sovereignty of the UK, is not yet declared as a member state of the EU, but remains, because it was part of the UK, under the umbrella of EU law. That could be a solution."

Levrat added: "We could imagine a situation in which the individual rights of people living in Scotland, of companies based in Scotland and so on would be preserved even though Scotland is not anymore under the effective control or sovereignty of the UK."

The academic cited the example of Gibraltar which although not officially part of UK territory, still falls under EU law. Even if a newly independent Scotland wanted to leave the EU, said Levrat, it would have to wait two years before the process could be complete.

full video at

Edited by Joe1888

how long has salmon been in politics and he,s just decided its right n proper that 16yr olds can vote if it doesnt go his way whats he going to do come back in a couple of year and let 10 yr olds vote you have no positive to break only could,could ,could oh and could

• Like 2

how long has salmon been in politics and he,s just decided its right n proper that 16yr olds can vote if it doesnt go his way whats he going to do come back in a couple of year and let 10 yr olds vote you have no positive to break only could,could ,could oh and could

if you seen and heard the talks from 16 year olds you might change mind, last time i seen, 16 year olds favour no vote....

I remember drinking in Glasgow with a couple of itinerant English yokes,we had a little fare banter and a good craic,the beer was quaffed the jokes were resplendent and a little fat red nosed Jocky Wilson look-a-like took exception to our Englishness,the barman and the locals attempted to put Jocky in his place,to no avail,a well placed uppercut and a kick in the chin put paid to his indiscretion,what a lass.

For a first minster to have a debate with darlington then too loose the first round and revert to shouting over him speaks volumes about the guy to me and my mates

it depends how you look at it, the first was close, the second was win 71% to salmond.. darling has now refussed to do anymore debates, theres also talk of him being removed as leader of no..

here is a good break down of darlings points,ill add one here, the rest are in detail on the website( image is related to quote below)

“We get £1,200 more per head in public spending than the rest of the UK”

Only if you count debt and spending on UK-wide operations as “public spending in Scotland”

This is one of those “technically true, but completely misleading in isolation” points. It’s true Scotland has £1,200 more allocated per head than the UK average – but that doesn’t translate to greater spending, when a significant proportion of it goes towards debt that wasn’t even incurred by the Scottish government, spending on services that the Scottish government has no control over like Trident and defense, and even on things that have nothing to do with Scotland like HS2, the London sewage system, and the Olympics. And, of course, it ignores that Scots raise £1,700 more per head in tax revenue than the UK average.

a very good read

http://wildernessofpeace.wordpress.com/2014/08/26/48-lies/#more-440

post-94610-0-56283200-1409582059.jpg

thats what i dont get, ive seen the no signs in fields down borders...

as it stands the uk gov has kept millions the eu gave to scottish farmers.. i think its the real land owners who have the banners in fields.. many estates up here are owned down south

id like to go back to someone elses point about scotland in the eu after yes, i thought what i replied was clear and now its clear scotland would be in the eu after a yes vote..

since then, more information is available

dr nicolar levrat, head of the institute of global studies at the uni of geneva has dismissed claims scotland could find its self outside the eu after a yes vote and would need to wait to reapply...

its becoming more and more clear the only threat to scotland being in the eu is the in out vote in 2015!

He said that Scotland being ejected from the EU would violate the core values upon which it is founded, adding that the EU was not "one day in and one day off," … "it doesn’t work like that".

In a special presentation, arranged on behalf of Newsnet Scotland and Independence Live TV, the Swiss based academic said that the so-called Veto, which No campaigners have claimed could be used by countries like Spain to block Scottish membership, "politically cannot be used".

Dr Levrat also said the consequences of Yes vote on the citizenship rights of Scots, "will not be as dramatic as people pretend".

He said: "So we can imagine where Scotland is not under the sovereignty of the UK, is not yet declared as a member state of the EU, but remains, because it was part of the UK, under the umbrella of EU law. That could be a solution."

Levrat added: "We could imagine a situation in which the individual rights of people living in Scotland, of companies based in Scotland and so on would be preserved even though Scotland is not anymore under the effective control or sovereignty of the UK."

The academic cited the example of Gibraltar which although not officially part of UK territory, still falls under EU law. Even if a newly independent Scotland wanted to leave the EU, said Levrat, it would have to wait two years before the process could be complete.

full video at

The UK is part of the EU, an independant Scotland isn't and they are gonna have you, you watch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2740829/Independent-Scotland-NOT-able-join-EU-using-pound-warns-Brussels-economy-chief.html