• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unfortunately a lot of English are sick of hearing how England holds the Scottish back.   This vote has done nothing but fracture the union and Scotland.

I'm absolutely disgusted at the fighting in George square Glasgow yesterday, the whole of Scotland were given a choice and the choice was made, no one is any less a scot for voting no and no one is mo

I cant believe there are all these pages arguing who does this and who said that, at the end of the day either vote yes or no on the 18th, there is absolutely no need for all this hostility over it. J

Posted Images

thats what i dont get, ive seen the no signs in fields down borders...

as it stands the uk gov has kept millions the eu gave to scottish farmers.. i think its the real land owners who have the banners in fields.. many estates up here are owned down south

id like to go back to someone elses point about scotland in the eu after yes, i thought what i replied was clear and now its clear scotland would be in the eu after a yes vote..

since then, more information is available

dr nicolar levrat, head of the institute of global studies at the uni of geneva has dismissed claims scotland could find its self outside the eu after a yes vote and would need to wait to reapply...

its becoming more and more clear the only threat to scotland being in the eu is the in out vote in 2015!

He said that Scotland being ejected from the EU would violate the core values upon which it is founded, adding that the EU was not "one day in and one day off," … "it doesn’t work like that".

In a special presentation, arranged on behalf of Newsnet Scotland and Independence Live TV, the Swiss based academic said that the so-called Veto, which No campaigners have claimed could be used by countries like Spain to block Scottish membership, "politically cannot be used".

Dr Levrat also said the consequences of Yes vote on the citizenship rights of Scots, "will not be as dramatic as people pretend".

He said: "So we can imagine where Scotland is not under the sovereignty of the UK, is not yet declared as a member state of the EU, but remains, because it was part of the UK, under the umbrella of EU law. That could be a solution."

Levrat added: "We could imagine a situation in which the individual rights of people living in Scotland, of companies based in Scotland and so on would be preserved even though Scotland is not anymore under the effective control or sovereignty of the UK."

The academic cited the example of Gibraltar which although not officially part of UK territory, still falls under EU law. Even if a newly independent Scotland wanted to leave the EU, said Levrat, it would have to wait two years before the process could be complete.

full video at

The UK is part of the EU, an independant Scotland isn't and they are gonna have you, you watch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2740829/Independent-Scotland-NOT-able-join-EU-using-pound-warns-Brussels-economy-chief.html

do you know who juncker is?

thats what i dont get, ive seen the no signs in fields down borders...

as it stands the uk gov has kept millions the eu gave to scottish farmers.. i think its the real land owners who have the banners in fields.. many estates up here are owned down south

id like to go back to someone elses point about scotland in the eu after yes, i thought what i replied was clear and now its clear scotland would be in the eu after a yes vote..

since then, more information is available

dr nicolar levrat, head of the institute of global studies at the uni of geneva has dismissed claims scotland could find its self outside the eu after a yes vote and would need to wait to reapply...

its becoming more and more clear the only threat to scotland being in the eu is the in out vote in 2015!

He said that Scotland being ejected from the EU would violate the core values upon which it is founded, adding that the EU was not "one day in and one day off," … "it doesn’t work like that".

In a special presentation, arranged on behalf of Newsnet Scotland and Independence Live TV, the Swiss based academic said that the so-called Veto, which No campaigners have claimed could be used by countries like Spain to block Scottish membership, "politically cannot be used".

Dr Levrat also said the consequences of Yes vote on the citizenship rights of Scots, "will not be as dramatic as people pretend".

He said: "So we can imagine where Scotland is not under the sovereignty of the UK, is not yet declared as a member state of the EU, but remains, because it was part of the UK, under the umbrella of EU law. That could be a solution."

Levrat added: "We could imagine a situation in which the individual rights of people living in Scotland, of companies based in Scotland and so on would be preserved even though Scotland is not anymore under the effective control or sovereignty of the UK."

The academic cited the example of Gibraltar which although not officially part of UK territory, still falls under EU law. Even if a newly independent Scotland wanted to leave the EU, said Levrat, it would have to wait two years before the process could be complete.

full video at

The UK is part of the EU, an independant Scotland isn't and they are gonna have you, you watch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2740829/Independent-Scotland-NOT-able-join-EU-using-pound-warns-Brussels-economy-chief.html

have a read what new european commission cheif jean claude juncker said..

lets be clear to chuck out scotland, a current eu member and will continue to be for two years after a yes vote goes against what the eu stands for. we aint talking about a new country joining, talking about a current member.

time will tell, theres more threat sto scotlands place in the eu with the uk in out vote

Edited by Joe1888

Lol the yes campaign pulled out there big gun last night eh! Elaine C smith haha

haha, she done very well..

for a second i thought i seen jamesie cotter in the crowd while she was talking

post-94610-0-01390600-1409748953.jpg

Edited by Joe1888

Aye she done smashing joe lol streight in there with a blatant over exagiration on a life expectancy statistic lol good thing the lassie she went head to head with was on the ball! She should defo stick to panto lol

At today's PMQs Cameron re asserted there will be no monetary union. He also said the EU would veto Scotland's application for membership if it didn't have monetary union. When will Salmond say what currency an independent Scotland will adopt ?

Edited by Brigzy

At today's PMQs Cameron re asserted there will be no monetary union. He also said the EU would veto Scotland's application for membership if it didn't have monetary union. When will Salmond say what currency an independent Scotland will adopt ?

Do you think any of that pish makes us feart to vote yes, me dont think so.

Not long now and we will see.

Good news on oil for those interested, tech moving on could lead to alot more oil/money- 10-20 year could see another oil boom..

The report, commissioned by Oil and Gas People, the world’s largest oil and has industry jobs board, with support from North Sea oil and gas industry experts, conclude that untapped oil and gas in the West Coast alone will last for at least 100 years, with a whole value of more than £1 trillion.

Edited by Joe1888

Do you think any of that pish makes us feart to vote yes, me dont think so.

Not long now and we will see.

I used to think, as an Englishman, it would make no difference to me how Scotland voted. But now, after studying the facts and figures, it makes sense for me to have a "yes" vote. If the savings to rUK are passed on to the people, we should be better off; but I won't hold my breath for any savings being passed on to the ordinary citizens of rUK.

i want to share this with yous, its not from me but i thought its that good id share it

Imagine Scotland was already independent and we were about to have a referendum on whether to join a union with the rest of the UK.

Could the Pro-union side convince us that getting together would be better when we were told what would happen to Scotland after such a union? Some bullet points from the campaign…

-Your main Parliament will move 600 miles away, and your MPs will be in a tiny minority & will therefore have limited ability to effect policy on your behalf
-Scotland will get a government it didn’t vote for.
-All of your oil and gas revenues will be handed over to the treasury in London.
-Even though not 1 inch of track will touch Scottish soil your taxpayers will contribute £4.2bn to the HS2 project.
-Your taxpayers will also subsidise the crossrail project to the tune of £4.2bn
-The biggest nuclear weapons facility in Western Europe will be built on the river Clyde, just 30 miles from your largest city.
-Even though you only have 8.2% of the UK’s population you will contribute 9.9% of the UK’s total tax take yet will only receive 9.3% of that tax take back to spend in Scotland (you will lose £4.4bn per year to the UK treasury)
-You will devolve all of the economic levers you have used to shape your economy directly to London and will now only have control of 7% of your economy
-Even though 79% of your MP's voted against it we will privitise your publicly owned mail service
-Even though 91% of your MPs voted against the bedroom tax in your parliament, we will impose it.
-Even though 82% of your MP's believed that a VAT increase would be detrimental to your economy, we will impose a VAT increase.
-You will join a country whose health and education services are rapidly being privatised.
-Now and again you’ll get dragged into an illegal foreign war.
-An austerity budget will be imposed from London cutting jobs and threatening vital public services even though 81% of your MP's voted against the cuts.
-The financial regulation system will be so weak and so lax that your whole economy will be brought to the brink of collapse.
-The most weak and vulnerable in society, instead of getting the protection and support they deserve will be interrogated and humiliated in an effort to get them off the meagre levels of support to which they are entitled.
Who in Scotland would vote for such a package?
Who would vote for that union?
So why would anyone vote to remain in such a union now?
This is about democratic ownership, social responsibility and the fact that Scotland on its own will be economically stronger from day one of independence....."

Edited by Joe1888