At today's PMQs Cameron re asserted there will be no monetary union. He also said the EU would veto Scotland's application for membership if it didn't have monetary union. When will Salmond say what currency an independent Scotland will adopt ?

Do you think any of that pish makes us feart to vote yes, me dont think so.

Not long now and we will see.

I used to think, as an Englishman, it would make no difference to me how Scotland voted. But now, after studying the facts and figures, it makes sense for me to have a "yes" vote. If the savings to rUK are passed on to the people, we should be better off; but I won't hold my breath for any savings being passed on to the ordinary citizens of rUK.
another peice of bullshit we give more in tax than wee get back fact.

List the savings the ruk will make.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unfortunately a lot of English are sick of hearing how England holds the Scottish back.   This vote has done nothing but fracture the union and Scotland.

I'm absolutely disgusted at the fighting in George square Glasgow yesterday, the whole of Scotland were given a choice and the choice was made, no one is any less a scot for voting no and no one is mo

I cant believe there are all these pages arguing who does this and who said that, at the end of the day either vote yes or no on the 18th, there is absolutely no need for all this hostility over it. J

Posted Images

At today's PMQs Cameron re asserted there will be no monetary union. He also said the EU would veto Scotland's application for membership if it didn't have monetary union. When will Salmond say what currency an independent Scotland will adopt ?

I used to think, as an Englishman, it would make no difference to me how Scotland voted. But now, after studying the facts and figures, it makes sense for me to have a "yes" vote. If the savings to rUK are passed on to the people, we should be better off; but I won't hold my breath for any savings being passed on to the ordinary citizens of rUK.

We ALL give more in tax than we get back, that's how any economy works. What I meant was the Barnett Formula, which, depending on who's figures you go by means Scots get between £480 -£1400 more per person than the English do. This is how Scots can have free prescriptions, free university, free old age health care, and the English can't.

We ALL give more in tax than we get back, that's how any economy works. What I meant was the Barnett Formula, which, depending on who's figures you go by means Scots get between £480 -£1400 more per person than the English do. This is how Scots can have free prescriptions, free university, free old age health care, and the English can't.

mate this has been answered so many times, scotland more than pays it way.. the rest of uk does not subsidise scotland.. believe it or not, if you want to go down that road.. scotland subsidises the uk

Edited by Joe1888

some folk have the little blue book to hand i see. very one sided. you need to look at both sides of the coin. :thumbs:

ive not read that,

here is a good break down of darlings points,ill add one here, the rest are in detail on the website( image is related to quote below)

We get £1,200 more per head in public spending than the rest of the UK

Only if you count debt and spending on UK-wide operations as public spending in Scotland

This is one of those technically true, but completely misleading in isolation points. Its true Scotland has £1,200 more allocated per head than the UK average but that doesnt translate to greater spending, when a significant proportion of it goes towards debt that wasnt even incurred by the Scottish government, spending on services that the Scottish government has no control over like Trident and defense, and even on things that have nothing to do with Scotland like HS2, the London sewage system, and the Olympics. And, of course, it ignores that Scots raise £1,700 more per head in tax revenue than the UK average.

Facts are here:

Edited by Joe1888

To make good on his promises, Salmond needs to massively increase the population and tax base of Scotland. He has said he will do this by immigration..... He'll turn Scotland into a country based on Tower Hamlets, where the indigenous population will subjugated to the Muslim influx, and your law will be based on Sharia...... Please think well before you vote.

To make good on his promises, Salmond needs to massively increase the population and tax base of Scotland. He has said he will do this by immigration..... He'll turn Scotland into a country based on Tower Hamlets, where the indigenous population will subjugated to the Muslim influx, and your law will be based on Sharia...... Please think well before you vote.

SHITE!! do you still think uk subsidises scotland?

scotland doesnt have the immigration problem uk has... at the moment people come over to uni then are sent packing ( am sure) no harm in them staying if they will contribute...

not long to go :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbW_AT64m8E

Edited by Joe1888
  • Like 1

Did anyone see all those Muslims with placards saying Scottish Muslims Vote Yes mmm

Ask yourselfs why folks

Divide and Conquor

Think Hard and Vote well

No Second chances here our Scottish Brethren.

lol, cmon mate... the ukip pish doesnt wash

i wont tar everyone with the same brush, ive met a few good muslims.

scotland will do well on its own, no doubt... scothunter get your money ready

Edited by Joe1888
Guest ragumup

Joe, ill will be voting no ,and have been getting others to do the same, for what its worth......

look at what max and brigzy are saying mate its true....

Edited by ragumup

7-8 million is shite... am sure the number the snp talk about is well stated...

anyway, after a yes vote.. we might have labour or another party, the fact is.. we will get who we want each and everytime, making sure the country is run in scotlands interests, not westminister/south england

everyday its looking like a yes vote is more possible! the country is listening

Edited by Joe1888

Joe, ill will be voting no ,and have been getting others to do the same, for what its worth......

i didnt know you were scottish mate...

thats your choice

not many scots support ukip, a party that wants to take power from scotland..

SHITE!! do you still think uk subsidises scotland?

scotland doesnt have the immigration problem uk has... at the moment people come over to uni then are sent packing ( am sure) no harm in them staying if they will contribute...

not long to go :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbW_AT64m8E

240,000 immigrants a year, Salmonds own words

Edited by Onlyworkmatters

if they can contribute i dont care, those who come over and do well in our unis are a good start.. if one was saving a family members life in hospital would you mind?? how many scots have to leave to find work, some because of westminister?

Edited by Joe1888