Police Call To My House After Shooting In My Garden.

I have just had one almighty blazing row with a neighbour who took it upon himself to call the police after I was shooting in my garden. I have to declare, I am very fortunate to have an acre of lawns and beautiful flowerbeds, borders and an orchard full of mature fruit trees. I've set up a 30-metre zeroing range which is easily accomodated by my land. I made sure I had set up everything safely so as to eliminate ANY possible risk of shots going out of my boundaries -concrete paving slabs forming a solid backstopped sand trap -in front of a 6-foot earthen bank; on top of which is my large, steel-framed and screened compost heap..as a last-resort backstop and set to work zeroing up! This lot would stop a full-bore .22 cartridge round so, no worries for pellets. So off I go shooting happily away.

A few days ago, next thing I know, with no word or consultation from "Colin" next door, (why the bloody hell do I always fall foul of Colins?!) there appears this young policewoman in uniform at my door asking if I had been shooting an air rifle in my garden?

Well, I showed her my guns, the chrono readings for the ones under 12ft/lbs, my FAC and security for my HW80 (never shot in the garden!) the backstops and precautions I have taken in respect of my next door neigbours' safety.

Satisfied with everything I have in place for safety, she assured me there is nothing illegal in what I was doing so long as I was preventing any chance of any shot going stray out of my boundaries...I took a precautionary measure of telling her, almost half-jokingly, that the next thing would be him showing her airgun pellets he would have "Found" on his property in order to strengthen his case... Phew! All straightforward enough.

So, with a satisfied and happy officer going on her merry way, I set back to shooting.

Only then, tonight as dusk was falling, next-door nobhead shows his face at my fence giving it large about calling the police! He said he had picked up pellets on his patio...Of course, he wouldn't show them to me. I told him he was a liar as this was impossible and a spineless creep for not at least having the decency to try talking to me first.

Then he tells me it wasn't him who called the police but another neighbour ALSO called Colin who made the complaint after THIS Colin tells me he made a complaint to the Police which, he claims, was never followed up with a visit (Another lie! They have to investigate a complaint!) and he gave the case number to his neigbour -who was the one who made the call that brought this pleasant wee lass to my door! Funily enough, it was to this Colin's house I'm now blowing my stack arguing with, that she went to talk to him about our meeting. Something he claims didn't happen with this officer!

Point of all this bollocks is, if you have done everything you reasonably can to ensure you are shooting safely in respect of your neigbours property and person, there is nothing in law to stop you from enjoying a bit of back-garden plinking!

So tell em to DO ONE if they come whingeing at your fences!! I will be as reasonable as possible with anyone who is reasonable in the first place. But I'm not standing for crap from the frightened, gutless and mamby-pamby tree-hugging hippy antis who currently make up the rest of the population!

Fcuk this shizzle!

Edited to try make sense of the brainless lying arsehole I have been "chatting" with this evening!

Pianoman

Edited by pianoman
  • Like 17

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have just had one almighty blazing row with a neighbour who took it upon himself to call the police after I was shooting in my garden. I have to declare, I am very fortunate to have an acre of lawns

I think I once shot at the church bell where I used to live as a youngster 4sight. And I don't recall anyone getting into a blue fit over it. I've posted before about my memories of my dad and the sho

I can remember when we used to shoot at the church bell. No-one took any notice. Those were the days

you always get some one that just wont let you get on with your life mate ,i had the same situation a few years back local plod come checked everything out,lucky for me the dip stick moved a few months later

• Like 1

An anonymous tip-off to the rozzers from a phone box along the lines of "I've seen this sweaty-looking man taking photos of kids in their swimming cozzies through a hedge with his hand down his trousers, and I've followed him back to Number 26 Acacia Avenue" should sort it. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Had the same here mate, but the guy who had a pop at me came round first saying it had been raining wood pigeons in his garden. Told him where to stick the said birds, and then 2 community police officers were tapping on my door,( shows how serious the police took his complaint). Invited them in, showed them where I shot and offered to show them my air rifles, they didn't want to know, asked them about the so called birds and they didn't know what I was on about showing he was full of crap, they wished me well and left. Made sure I was shooting day and night for weeks after at my steel knock downs just to let him know.

• Like 3

Its not like you to lose your head Simon i think its the first time iv seen it ,tell him to feck off and if that dose not work give me a call and ill come and sort it for you bud MY WAY.

NOW GET BACK TO ANNOYING your neighbors

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

That's canny sh1t crack fella... Don't understand why people can't just mind there own business, you're in your own garden/grounds doing your own thing, not bothering no one and not likely to be loads of noise or annoyance and he feels the need to put his nose into someone else's life and start causing problems/issues...

His life must be that sad he wants to spoil yours...

Some funny people around.

• Like 2