Acceptable Ways To Kill A Rabbit!

i sell a few rabbits to a pub near me, and a few weeks ago it was taken over by a new manager. i stopped by today to drop some off, and was told that the new manager wanted a word, and a very polite young man came and introduced himself. he asked how i caught the rabbits, to which i replied most were netted, and then how i killed them. i told him i break their necks, and he asked how long this takes. i replied that from becoming tangled to being dead is a matter of a few seconds. at this, the chap shook his head, and said it went against his ethical code as it was prolonged suffering, and he would be unable to take them any more. so i asked what would be an acceptable method of killing, to which i was told shooting through the head. "OK" i said, i will shoot them from now on", and his little face lit up, as if all the cares in the world had been lifted from his shoulders. he then thanked me for being so co-operative and considerate! there are some funny people about! makes you wonder what might have been said to him by unknown third parties......

• Like 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So it'll be netted ,broken neck then slug through the heed ??

Pleased to hear folk being educted as to the correct and most humane ways to dispatch a rabbit,...   As hunters, we owe it to our quarry,.whatever it may be,.little or large,...to end its life, as q

I would have asked him if all his other meat he used was halal free meat

i sell a few rabbits to a pub near me, and a few weeks ago it was taken over by a new manager. i stopped by today to drop some off, and was told that the new manager wanted a word, and a very polite young man came and introduced himself. he asked how i caught the rabbits, to which i replied most were netted, and then how i killed them. i told him i break their necks, and he asked how long this takes. i replied that from becoming tangled to being dead is a matter of a few seconds. at this, the chap shook his head, and said it went against his ethical code as it was prolonged suffering, and he would be unable to take them any more. so i asked what would be an acceptable method of killing, to which i was told shooting through the head. "OK" i said, i will shoot them from now on", and his little face lit up, as if all the cares in the world had been lifted from his shoulders. he then thanked me for being so co-operative and considerate! there are some funny people about! makes you wonder what might have been said to him by unknown third parties......

I'd find another pub to sell them to, what right has he to tell you is the most humane way to dispatch when he hasn't the knowledge or experience to comment.

• Like 1

So it'll be netted ,broken neck then slug through the heed

Exactly what I was thinking :D:thumbs:

Some strange folk out there........................You can't miss when your breaking a neck but an inch out on a head shot and that rabbit could just run off and spend hours suffering .

• Like 2

i wonder if he asked the fish monger how his fish are caught and killed.

Add 20p to the price of each rabbit and give them an ounce of lead to the head from a scatter gun....... see what his 'ethical code' makes of that.

Me thinks he needs a bit of education on the subject. Breaking a rabbits neck is maybe a few tenths of a second slower than a bullet to the brain in killing the animal but is far more likely to result in relatively instant death. How humane a method is has to take into account more than just the perfect scenario but also the statistical chance of pulling off that perfect scenario.

Ask him he thinks any of the meat on his plates had a decent end, I think not.

I think a priest is the quickest and most effective way of dispatching rabbits in nets.

Nope. Just too many variables to be consistent.

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 2