The Sea....

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I enjoy the peace and quiet I get when the wife and kids go on holiday and leave me behind ..........

There is something about the sea that draws me in, I absolutely love it. I think its the fact that it is a place that you just cant control, you have to work with it, not against it. Its humbling, the

You can't perform miracles baw.......

Posted Images

Cant beat the sea and like Malt, I grew up 200 yards from it overlooking the Gower :D you'd think you'd be glad of a break of it but no, love it. And you can't beat the Pembrokeshire coast :thumbs:

• Like 1

Sandy where did you get the muscle T-shirt from :laugh:

Reminds me of how I used to be before I got fit :tongue2::laugh: :laugh:

Yhea I looked like sandy when I was 14 :laugh: .........

I'm having a second childhood :victory:

Really liked the Gower area when I went there once. But looked like it suffers with grockles when sunny.

We're lucky in North Devon as most holiday makers go to South Devon or on to Cornwall. :whistling:

I can see the sea from my bedroom window and it takes about 15 minutes to walk down...spot on.

IMG_1708_zps7cb2cd9c.jpg

must be great that :thumbs: looks nice , not took mine yet going deff give it a go this summer, where are you by ?

• Like 2

Sandy where did you get the muscle T-shirt from :laugh:

Reminds me of how I used to be before I got fit :tongue2::laugh: :laugh:

Yhea I looked like sandy when I was 14 :laugh: .........

I'm having a second childhood :victory:

Really liked the Gower area when I went there once. But looked like it suffers with grockles when sunny.

We're lucky in North Devon as most holiday makers go to South Devon or on to Cornwall. :whistling:

Not because of you parading round in yer skimpies,need to get a fry up or 2 in you :laugh:

• Like 2

I can see the sea from my bedroom window and it takes about 15 minutes to walk down...spot on.

IMG_1708_zps7cb2cd9c.jpg

must be great that :thumbs: looks nice , not took mine yet going deff give it a go this summer, where are you by ?

Hartlepool Bird, a beach called 'North Beach' which is over the bay from Seaton Carew which is the popular tourist beach. In the week you barely see a soul (just how I like it)

IMG_1712_zps083abf12.jpg

• Like 2

IMG_1708_zps7cb2cd9c.jpg

PMSL that dog has Herpes :laugh: :laugh: :tongue2:

Love the sea, always been near it.

I'm the same with holidays, I don't mind a weekend city break, but a holiday involves spending half my time in or on the edge of water..

I've Grown Up On An Island And Not Fussed About The Sea Too be Honest , Don't Do Nothing In It Or On It I.e. Fishing Ect . . But When I Go Too The States And Don't See It After A Few Days I Miss It . . Strange That !!

There is something about the sea that draws me in, I absolutely love it. I think its the fact that it is a place that you just cant control, you have to work with it, not against it. Its humbling, the size and power of it and it demands respect, take it for granted and its game over. I have almost drowned a few times, once in a stream as a kid (does that count :laugh:), once as a teenager and once a couple of years ago when bodyboarding in really bad or good conditions, depending on your point of view :laugh:. The tide was up and against the sea wall, I was being tumbled on the sea floor like being in a washing machine. There were a set of steps in the wall which was my only way out, the sea was trying to pull me back in with every wave and I was literally on the sea floor holding my breath, digging my fingers into the sand, I lined my self up with the stairs and let the sea spit me out and up the stairs. I didn't show enough respect that day, I should never have gone in near that wall but it wake me up :yes: Still cant keep away though, am in the sea when I can be, Love it :thumbs:

• Like 4

IMG_1708_zps7cb2cd9c.jpg

PMSL that dog has Herpes :laugh: :laugh: :tongue2:

Have you been messing around with him like?

• Like 1

There is something about the sea that draws me in, I absolutely love it. I think its the fact that it is a place that you just cant control, you have to work with it, not against it. Its humbling, the size and power of it and it demands respect, take it for granted and its game over. I have almost drowned a few times, once in a stream as a kid (does that count :laugh:), once as a teenager and once a couple of years ago when bodyboarding in really bad or good conditions, depending on your point of view :laugh:. The tide was up and against the sea wall, I was being tumbled on the sea floor like being in a washing machine. There were a set of steps in the wall which was my only way out, the sea was trying to pull me back in with every wave and I was literally on the sea floor holding my breath, digging my fingers into the sand, I lined my self up with the stairs and let the sea spit me out and up the stairs. I didn't show enough respect that day, I should never have gone in near that wall but it wake me up :yes: Still cant keep away though, am in the sea when I can be, Love it :thumbs:

Ever since kids we were on the water, making rafts out if any old junk on the river, and always in the sea,

My mum got us swimming just after we could walk, same with mine, the 2 little ones have swimming lessons on Tuesdays, and both can swim fine... We spend a lot of time on the coast so basic swimming is vital, but your so right you can never take the sea for granted, there's only ever one winner if you do...

• Like 3

I gained a massive amount of respect the day I got cut off by the incoming tide. Same beach, no one about, lost track of time walking for miles along this sandbar. Got to the end to realise I couldn't cross there as the water was too deep, looked back and the tide had come in in the gully between my sandbar and the beach cutting me off. Booted it back up the beach to where I thought it would be safer but it was too late leaving me stuck about 40 metres out.

I had no option but to go through or to call the coastguard but i'd rather not lol in I went and it was f***ing freezing and up to my armpits lol, so there's me wading through, camera and phone in one hand above my head whilst holding the pup on the lead in the other.

I then had to walk the 3 miles home, f***ing soaked and cold but alright :D

• Like 1