• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A matter of choice?......we are talking about kids not a pair of f***ing shoes! Every parent in the world sometimes wishes they could just go off and do whatever they feel like without having to thin

Fair enough reply but I'm sorry matey, a mistake is when you put petrol instead of diesel in your motor, it's cutting your finger with a bread knife or forgetting to put the kids dinner money in their

I don't know how far legally no and I don't care, look at the hunting laws and its plain to see the lawmakers ain't got our best interest and common sense in mind when passing there shitty laws. I hav

Posted Images

I can't believe there's people defending the mccanns leaving three children under the age of three unsupervised while they went for a meal, they were checking every 30-45 mins fair enough but anything can happen in that time. It doesn't matter if there doctors or stack shelves at Tesco it's just not acceptable I can't get my head round why they would do it especially when there was a night crèche just yards down the road, at the end of the day if them bairns were being supervised madalinne would still be with her mam and dad today.

Again that's not 100% true. What happens if the kidnapper waited till the McCanns were asleep and snuck in? It could happen.

Yes it would have been easier to take her while they sat yards away having a meal but when would it cross there mind there child was going to be abducted? It's easy looking back now after the event and picking holes.

It's not picking holes mate, you don't leave kids that age alone unsupervised, what if Madeline never got kidnapped, instead the apartment set on fire and they burnt to death ? Would you still feel the same Or one of the Bairns choked to death or anything else for that matter ,there should have been someone there no matter how people dress it up.

I can't believe there's people defending the mccanns leaving three children under the age of three unsupervised while they went for a meal, they were checking every 30-45 mins fair enough but anything can happen in that time. It doesn't matter if there doctors or stack shelves at Tesco it's just not acceptable I can't get my head round why they would do it especially when there was a night crèche just yards down the road, at the end of the day if them bairns were being supervised madalinne would still be with her mam and dad today.

Again that's not 100% true. What happens if the kidnapper waited till the McCanns were asleep and snuck in? It could happen.

the thing is if they were a sleep theres every possibility that they may have been woken up by a suspected kidnapper, but for them not to even been in the same apartment or even block then im sure even you can see that they have left it wide open!

you wouldnt leave you labs outside a shop to nip in for 2 - 5 min only being less than 15m away never mind leaving them 100 / 150 / 200 meters away only checking on them every 30 -45 min, would you!

• Like 1

Agreed. It is a fact that if they had left their kids alone in this country and gone out on the drink, or even for a short trip to the supermarket.. ;) and the kids had been found "home alone" they'd have been arrested and charged with child neglect, and their children removed from them. I know this.

The argument that the child could have been kidnapped whilst the parents were asleep, really does not hold up, this is very different and is unlikely to have happened if they had not left their children alone, unsupervised. As has already been said, leaving 3 very young children alone, in a strange place, in a strange country, to go elsewhere and eat and drink with friends really is not what normal capable responsible parents do. Anything could have happened to them, and unfortunately for Madeleine it did.

I have thought that they were guilty from day one, and nothing has changed to alter my opinion. Its just that the police can't yet prove it.

• Like 9

Oh, how this country has changed. Once it was perfectly acceptable to leave your children in a chalet and go to the club and drink all night. It was done all the time in Billy's Brothel they had workers that would do a round of the chalets with children in every half an hour or so just to make sure that the children were alright.

How times have changed.

TC

• Like 4

I feel sorry for them they made a mistake in my eyes but what a f***ing price they paying, no parent deserves that...........any crime involving taking or doing anything with kids should be punishable by death or in a cell til they drop no ifs or buts.........lets just hope with this new investigation she,s found safe and well

Don't forget back in the good ole days children were writing to a celebrity paedo on Tele, I for 1 am glad how this country has changed if it means now the largest majority of parents know and understand to leave toddlers alone and unsupervised is wrong....

• Like 3

Im not a parent so wont comment on what "acceptable" parenting is..

But one thing i thought it strange was when the father went up to check he noticed the door was more open than what they had left it, i know he probably thought it was a draugh or the wee one might have got up and done it, but if it were me id of had a look all over the place to find what done it - espec knowing that they had shut the window in their bedroom and closed shutters and curtains. Id say it is more than possible he would have found either the window open or even someone in the apartment somewhere. But thats just my opinion, put in the situation things may be different from person to person.

Nope canny contain it!!! So if they did do it and the police know about it tell me again why Scotland Yard and Crimewatch have decided to let them off with it? Because there middle class doctors?

Oh, how this country has changed. Once it was perfectly acceptable to leave your children in a chalet and go to the club and drink all night. It was done all the time in Billy's Brothel they had workers that would do a round of the chalets with children in every half an hour or so just to make sure that the children were alright.

How times have changed.

TC

and there was a time when you could leave your push bike on the front yard -your back door unlocked and the dogs out in runs without locks ---and you could hunt foxes with dogs and farmers welcomed you on there land for pest control teachers could clip cheeky feckers like me round the ear hole you could smoke in public ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....................... your right there tc times have changed

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 4

Im not a parent so wont comment on what "acceptable" parenting is..

But one thing i thought it strange was when the father went up to check he noticed the door was more open than what they had left it, i know he probably thought it was a draugh or the wee one might have got up and done it, but if it were me id of had a look all over the place to find what done it - espec knowing that they had shut the window in their bedroom and closed shutters and curtains. Id say it is more than possible he would have found either the window open or even someone in the apartment somewhere. But thats just my opinion, put in the situation things may be different from person to person.

yeh we all things like it now, but wonder how many parents have left there kids what they thought was safe and not far from them.Ive got a son 26 now, but when he was about the same age we went to spain for a week Hols.What we did was go out for a meal with him all 3 of us, then walk about in the night me carrying him, go back to digs, and we sat on the balcony having few beers, and he was in our room so we (never) left the Hotel , that what we did all week.My wife would not leave him on his own,The Mcann's done wrong, to leave all there kids and go for the meal, but who would have thought back then this would have happened.? Ifeel sorry for them they did wrong, but maybe other people have done the same and (got away with it .) :yes:

• Like 2

I dont know why there still pushing for a inquiry it was there fault plain and simple they left the kids and went out and entertained there mate,s if it was in this country they would be looking at jail time and so they should be .

• Like 2