Where Are You In Your Hunting Desire?

i don,t miss the things i did back in the day ,climbing ,walking ,swimming thing s ,just for the buzz is for young men , my buzz is different these days . we are different as we get older and find our enjoyment ln different ways .

Your an auld c**t but :laugh: I dunno, I feel a sense of panick sometimes as if my life is disappearing and I've not done enough these days while the body's willing and times running out, does that make sense? I need to get a decent f***ing dog :laugh: but I'm scared incase the desire just ain't the same cos its dwindled recently :(

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been running dogs since i was 12 yr owd, all quarry, im 69 tomoz, still at it with my humble whippet LUV IT

in my 50's now mortgage free, decent job, enough permission for me and mine, kids nearly away (are they ever?), still loads of desire and hunger but how good would it be if i had the strength, fitness

Nearly the end lol...had a great innings at this old game,been lucky to have owned some handy dogs and one or two I'd like to think we're a tad better than that...holy shit I've put EVERYTHING in my l

I still have the same desire but as I'm getting older my body doesn't . I still go and do the same things I did when I was in my teens its just I hurts a lot more and I pay for it for days after lol. I don't learn I could be half way through doing something and I think " what the fcuk am I doing, I should've of walked on " trouble is I still get the same buzz and its worth the pain!

When I was a young 'un, learning the game and nothing to lose, I had a lot of "experiences"

Now I'm closer to retirement than I ever expected to live to, with responsibilities, career and grown up families,

its permission 90% of the time, no looking over my shoulder any more.

I enjoy it just as much as I did 40 years ago but my knees probably wouldn't last a full day ferreting any more :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheers, D.

i don,t miss the things i did back in the day ,climbing ,walking ,swimming thing s ,just for the buzz is for young men , my buzz is different these days . we are different as we get older and find our enjoyment ln different ways .

Your an auld c**t but :laugh: I dunno, I feel a sense of panick sometimes as if my life is disappearing and I've not done enough these days while the body's willing and times running out, does that make sense? I need to get a decent f*****g dog :laugh: but I'm scared incase the desire just ain't the same cos its dwindled recently :(

when i'm tired and can't be bothered.....ant and dec look a better option (jeez thats bad) the fact that i have a decent mutt and the winds howling are all the motivation i need........ get yourself a decent dog and get out there while you can

Your an auld c**t but :laugh: I dunno, I feel a sense of panick sometimes as if my life is disappearing and I've not done enough these days while the body's willing and times running out, does that make sense? I need to get a decent f*****g dog :laugh: but I'm scared incase the desire just ain't the same cos its dwindled recently :(

when i'm tired and can't be bothered.....ant and dec look a better option (jeez thats bad) the fact that i have a decent mutt and the winds howling are all the motivation i need........ get yourself a decent dog and get out there while you can

Think your right mate, soon as life dictates I can I will :thumbs:

Where are you in your hunting desire? Are you relatively new to it all and as hungry as a wolf? Or are you seasoned and still as hungry? I've been into dogs for 33 years, and fishing 36 years. The fishing has came and went but the dogs always remained. Really hammered it for over 20 years, out in all weathers, ferreting, hares, etc etc. It was like a badge of honor, while fair weather hunters were drinking in the pub, you'd be fighting driving sleet for a hare. Driving miles to new ground to poach. These days I'm fastly becoming one of those fair weather hunters lol. Starting to do more fishing than hunting. Like a mouch rather than ferreting 100+ net warrens. It might be cos I haven't a decent dog to run, who knows. But the appetite is still there, just not as strong. So, where are you the now in the grand scheme of things? Work, family etc slowing you down? I feel sorry for the guys who never hunted before the ban, you really missed out no matter what you might think.

your sounding more like Brian each and every day :D

Been at it prober for about 2 years now and love it I can honestly say ill never give up whether its lamping ferreting bushing or mooching I love it and am only 17 so hopefully a fair few years to go just wish this ban wasn't about cheers Atb Tom :thumbs:

• Like 1

:laugh:Why not have the craic regarding such matters,...it is only chatting,..and the next best thing, to actually being out hunting, is talking about hunting... :yes:

Personaly,..I am as keen as ever,...but a paid job is what realy fires me up,..and although there is extra pressure on,...there is also a need to get things done and dusted,...and no time for fecking around and making too many mistakes...This is a real turn on for me,..and brings all the years of practice into play...

Whereas,.being a lazy kinda fecker by nature,.my natural tendency is always to have a mouch and a quiet wander...

Simply walking where I like , with a dog in tow and not giving a feck about anything..

What occurs,.occurs,.. :D

So,.it does me good, to have a bit of disciplined hunting, now and again,..but at my age, not too much,..just enough to pay the bills...

I was looking back, through some old diaries the other night,....(Ive decades of rough notes,days/nights out, etc)...

Never realy talked much about such things,...just all the gently, gently, softly, softly stuff,..but, I do believe the time has come to jot down a wee something, and maybe put a few things to rest,.once and for all... :yes:

I've also a fancy to breed myself, one more lurcher pup,..just for the last knockings,..and Inshallah,..such a roustabout mouching cur, will prove to be a fitting climax, to a life full of drama and excitement...

One more pup should see me out,..and nobody can ask for more than that.. :thumbs:SkyferretingPerhap087.jpg

Edited by CHALKWARREN
  • Like 7

:laugh:Why not have the craic regarding such matters,...it is only chatting,..and the next best thing, to actually being out hunting, is talking about hunting... :yes:

Personaly,..I am as keen as ever,...but a paid job is what realy fires me up,..and although there is extra pressure on,...there is also a need to get things done and dusted,...and no time for fecking around and making too many mistakes...This is a real turn on for me,..and brings all the years of practice into play...

Whereas,.being a lazy kinda fecker by nature,.my natural tendency is always to have a mouch and a quiet wander...

Simply walking where I like , with a dog in tow and not giving a feck about anything..

What occurs,.occurs,.. :D

So,.it does me good, to have a bit of disciplined hunting, now and again,..but at my age, not too much,..just enough to pay the bills...

I was looking back, through some old diaries the other night,....(Ive decades of rough notes,days/nights out, etc)...

Never realy talked much about such things,...just all the gently, gently, softly, softly stuff,..but, I do believe the time has come to jot down a wee something, and maybe put a few things to rest,.once and for all... :yes:

I've also a fancy to breed myself, one more lurcher pup,..just for the last knockings,..and Inshallah,..such a roustabout mouching cur, will prove to be a fitting climax, to a life full of drama and excitement...

One more pup should see me out,..and nobody can ask for more than that.. :thumbs:

:notworthy: I love your posts mate :thumbs: so if I'm reading right, a book could be on the pipeline? Ideal, a decent read about someone's life experiences. I want a free copy mind cos I've done nothing on here but praise you to the hilt :D I'll even do a good or job for ya :laugh::thumbs:

25+Years still as keen as ever,Managed to get out 3-4-5 days most weeks the last couple of seasons ferreting,Lamping whenever the weather was right,mooching inbetween.

Having some serious bad luck at the moment with dogs,but quitting isnt a option so just have to carry on.Hopefully the it happens in 3`s is right.

2 young kids but the dogs still take prioty as paulus said you just get better at getting the job done,but still love going up the hills for the day with nowhere to go and letting what happens happen.

Love being out walking but only if i have a dog,Would rather walk a bit of wasteland with a dog than the dales without one.

• Like 2