D Brian Plummer

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well,22 pages on a man that no-one seems to have a good word for other than enjoying his early books,I met Plummer on many occassions at a mates farm and he was always odd,to say the least,he suffered

His books were the only ones of their kind in the seventies and eighties, and I must have owned and read them all. They were entertaining and to an impressionable teenager the 'facts' were often dige

John h.....who the feck are you?? There's a good number of men on hear that hunt....take a long hard look through all the sections on the site....there's some great advice and tips all the way through

Posted Images

woz,

I live at Beacon Lough,

Where do you live?

there's plenty of very talented people out there

I like that because I bet theres a small portion of hunters that has forgotten more than what mr plummer knew, there was a chap from where I used to live and im sure there would be a few that knew him on here. but he was filled with knowledge on hunting I used to be fascinated on some of the storys and when you went there he'd always have rabbits strung up. proper old school hunter / poatcher type. I can remember a gun that he had that all unscrewed and he'd slide it in groves in his jacket / longcoat. I thought it was amazing aged around 8 - 10

I think you'll find that the day's have gone where all the old traditions that the great hunters had have nearly died out not all but a lot.

im not dissing the chap john but your holding this chap on a pedestal because he's showed you a trick or 2 but if I did that for everyone that's showed me something new id have to go shares in them

Good post mate, I think it's obvious the esteem I hold for the people ( especially 1) who first let me hunt as little kid, they went out and caught gear, lots of different ways... Simple as that.. The same as loads of blokes up and down the country...

I hunt with a bloke now, who's very knowledgeable and has shown me other things, He doesn't come on here or boasts about it, he just does it... Too many want to jump on bandwagons now or slag others ( well that's how it looks), I've read a few of plummers books and enjoyed them, I don't really care if its real or not it's just a book, he was just a bloke, if you hunted with the man John fair play to you, I'm not sure what you'll prove by questioning everybody else's credentials or hunting capabilities...

• Like 2

in fairness to b plummer he probally got more people and kids in to hunting through his books than anyone else out there and tbh loved his books ,but lets be honest he was a teller of tall tales being polite .. i dont think that anyone can or would doubt that he was a very clever man, in fact a very very clever man ,but he was also eccentric as a person and to say theres no one on here to compare with him as a person your probally right but as an author and hunting man at least jd has does what he says in his books and imo his books are up there and in some cases better thats my opinion and opinions are like arseholes everyone has got one .

• The Jack Russell Terrier (1976).
  • Rogues & Running Dogs (1976).
  • Modern Ferreting (1978).
  • Tales of a Rat Hunting Man (1978).
  • The Working Terrier (1978).
  • The Complete Lurcher (1979).
  • Adventures of an Artisan Hunter (1979).
  • Nathan - A Pit Fighting Dog (1980).
  • The Complete Jack Russel Terrier (1980).
  • Lepus (1981).
  • Diary of a Hunter (1981).
  • The Hunters Yearbook (1981).
  • The Hunters Yearbook (1982)
  • Merle - The Start of a Dynasty (1982).
  • The Fell Terrier (1983).
  • Omega (1984).
  • Practical Lurcher Breeding (1985).
  • Hunters All (1986).
  • North & North Again (1987).
  • Off the Beaten Track (1987).
  • Trog (1988).
  • The Cottage at the Edge of the World (1990).
  • In Pursuit of Coney (1991).
  • The Complete Book of Sight-Hounds (1991).
  • Secrets of Dog Training (1992)
  • The Sporting Terrier (1992).
  • Ferrets (1993).
  • Lurcher & Longdog Training (1993).
  • Plummers Yearbook (Various 1994/95).
  • The Development of the Dog (1995).
  • The New Complete Lurcher (1998)
  • Polly: A White German Shepherd (1999)
  • Practical Dog Breeding (2000).
The Modern Lurcher under the pseudonym Michael Shaw The Modern Working Terrier under the pseudonym Michael Shaw</p>

Some amount of books he wrote and not a single one about catapults..... Drat.

I think we all know why Plummer isn't flavor of the month on here and if true...... Quite rightly so.

I used to hunt with Mr Plummer. I keep lurchers (line bred to 'Punch' the London based bullx). However, what is wrong with this site. Brian, and David Hancock get hammered here. Brian used to critizice me for my dogs, but no one NO ONE knew dogs like him, I HUNT. How many hunt on this site (not f***ing many). Brian was too clever!

How do you know how many hunt on this site? :hmm:

I used to hunt with Mr Plummer. I keep lurchers (line bred to 'Punch' the London based bullx). However, what is wrong with this site. Brian, and David Hancock get hammered here. Brian used to critizice me for my dogs, but no one NO ONE knew dogs like him, I HUNT. How many hunt on this site (not f***ing many). Brian was too clever!

The guys at it. He keeps saying Plummer was intelligent, well if he hunted with John, he obviously didn't mind hunting with thick c**ts. I hunted with Plummer...... Whoop tae f***ing dooo

• Like 1

The guys at it. He keeps saying Plummer was intelligent, well if he hunted with John, he obviously didn't mind hunting with thick c**ts. I hunted with Plummer...... Whoop tae f***ing dooo

• Like 2

meet him on a bit of ground i had in adbington tried to tell me what x my dog was he was wrong and wouldnt accept it Couldnt get a word in kept over talking me ended up offering him a joint and walked away he must of had about 8 dogs with him

• Like 1

meet him on a bit of ground i had in adbington tried to tell me what x my dog was he was wrong and wouldnt accept it Couldnt get a word in kept over talking me ended up offering him a joint and walked away he must of had about 8 dogs with him

lol