D Brian Plummer

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well,22 pages on a man that no-one seems to have a good word for other than enjoying his early books,I met Plummer on many occassions at a mates farm and he was always odd,to say the least,he suffered

His books were the only ones of their kind in the seventies and eighties, and I must have owned and read them all. They were entertaining and to an impressionable teenager the 'facts' were often dige

John h.....who the feck are you?? There's a good number of men on hear that hunt....take a long hard look through all the sections on the site....there's some great advice and tips all the way through

Posted Images

This is getting too strange, look Brian dogs were ok, i keep a line of his, goodnight

you taking a step back now ?? cause less than 2 page's ago you couldn't get your nose any further up his arse or have you ran out of kleenex :hmm:

Who knows who was the best hunter, that's ridiculous..... The old boys who first took me, knew loads about hunting, poaching, salmon it was they're way of life... But they never wrote a book... I'm not sure if they could write they're name lol.... They were quiet, discreet and unassuming they poached ffs.... Night time on your own or 1 other in the main for me....

There's some sweeping comments on this thread.... I hunt, but not as much as I'd like....

I don't understand who you've got to prove yourself to as far as huntings concerned, just enjoy it ffs

• Like 6

woz,

I live at Beacon Lough,

Where do you live?

Ya see john. I don't hide behind a screen name everyone up and down the country knows me as woz I live in Shropshire as stated in my profile..for you to come on hear and start talking shite about people not hunting on the site is just plain stupid...what ever is said on an open forum is going to get critisized what ever Brian Plummer was he wrote some entertaining books the best hunter in the UK I really can't see..there's plenty of very talented people out there a lot of which risk there freedom for the love of what they do..can you or Bp say with conviction you will take an active role in something now deemed illegal for the lo e of the sport...

• Like 1

John H, with 80 odd posts your e a latecomer on here,if you been hunting with plummer i 'm sure you don t need to hide your history of association with plummer there be a fair few people who would like to read about it from you,can you be more specific include dates ,location etc...?

woz,

I live at Beacon Lough,

Where do you live?

there's plenty of very talented people out there

I like that because I bet theres a small portion of hunters that has forgotten more than what mr plummer knew, there was a chap from where I used to live and im sure there would be a few that knew him on here. but he was filled with knowledge on hunting I used to be fascinated on some of the storys and when you went there he'd always have rabbits strung up. proper old school hunter / poatcher type. I can remember a gun that he had that all unscrewed and he'd slide it in groves in his jacket / longcoat. I thought it was amazing aged around 8 - 10

I think you'll find that the day's have gone where all the old traditions that the great hunters had have nearly died out not all but a lot.

im not dissing the chap john but your holding this chap on a pedestal because he's showed you a trick or 2 but if I did that for everyone that's showed me something new id have to go shares in them