Hancock Pups

I've found with collie types is that they don't suit everybody and when they don't work out then its the dog that invariably gets the blame, thats why a lot of folks say collie x's are this and that when in a lot cases they just don't suit the handler and that goes for most collie types not just dogs from Hancocks yard. :thumbs:

• Like 9

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are a defence lawyer you defend people, if you are a builder you build houses - David Hancock is a commercial lurcher breeder so he breeds lurchers - if you couldn't defend or build for shit yo

i bought my first "Hancock dog" off David 20 odd years ago, she was a "real un". ille remember that little first cross bitch till the day i die, for all the right reasons.she would be one of my top 3

I've found with collie types is that they don't suit everybody and when they don't work out then its the dog that invariably gets the blame, thats why a lot of folks say collie x's are this and that w

Posted Images

yrs gone by one would study the welps in the nests looking for the animal , that would suit thee best , all with there own little traits etc , one needs to spend time to really get a feel of the nest of welps , a visit or 2 dont give thee a full picture whats ya looking at . atb bunnys.

• Like 2

i bought my first "Hancock dog" off David 20 odd years ago, she was a "real un". ille remember that little first cross bitch till the day i die, for all the right reasons.she would be one of my top 3 ive ever owned, ive had two others off him aswell both 3/4 border 1/4 greyhound both good uns. and both took most quarry good style well before the ban.

more lately ive been after other quarry on different land, and consequently have needed a different, type of dog, although if i got back into rabbits day and night and wanted a dog for it i would be down hancocks, and give him my money and take another border collie x greyhound straight away, personaly i found him a nice bloke, and dont think 250 is a bad price for a pup, especially compared to some of the prices of the top coursing type bred pups of today.

some of my "few" dog mates i have, have had dogs off him too, and they have all done well with theres too, but i rate them all as" good dog men"

my opinion is based on my own experiences and ownership, over 40 years of keeping lurchers not internet hearsay or from "a mate of mines friend"

however i think he sells so many pups to just anyone who comes along, that there is bound to be a large amount of duffers about, though i reckon in the right hands his dogs should have as good a chance as most other pups that are for sale,

all the best

cocker

• Like 9

as we know traits are bred in animals and can manifest more so with breeding on , for traits that are deired in the type . But there is also environment that also can be passed on to welps more so ova period of time i believe this also holds the key to lots of undesireable traits from the kennel . atb bunnys.

• Like 3

I've said it before but for me Its an easy choice. He breeds what I want and there is more than enough people on here with Hancock dogs that are happy with what they have and plenty of posts to show it. My alternative is to buy from some one I don't know in the hope they don't talk out there arse about what there dogs can do and given the amount of plonkers on this site you will understand my issues with trust when it comes to believing them. This way I know what Im getting and the rest is up to me, simples.

• Like 2

I've said it before but for me Its an easy choice. He breeds what I want and there is more than enough people on here with Hancock dogs that are happy with what they have and plenty of posts to show it. My alternative is to buy from some one I don't know in the hope they don't talk out there arse about what there dogs can do and given the amount of plonkers on this site you will understand my issues with trust when it comes to believing them. This way I know what Im getting and the rest is up to me, simples.

thats it you get what you ask for. no lies, and no exaggerations.

I've found with collie types is that they don't suit everybody and when they don't work out then its the dog that invariably gets the blame, thats why a lot of folks say collie x's are this and that when in a lot cases they just don't suit the handler and that goes for most collie types not just dogs from Hancocks yard. :thumbs:

just to add that collies are easier to f**k up than other

crosses & when it goes tits up it's big time & not easy

put right

• Like 3

If you are a defence lawyer you defend people, if you are a builder you build houses - David Hancock is a commercial lurcher breeder so he breeds lurchers - if you couldn't defend or build for shit you'll be out of work!!! That's generally how it works. :yes:

Hancock has been a commercial breeder - something he has no trouble talking about - for over 30 years and is still in the game...so my way of thinking is he must be doing something right and must be producing a product that there is a demand for. :thumbs:

Make no mistake if everything he bred was shit - as is claimed by many - he'da been out the game years ago...I know many decent dog lads who have been back time and time again and simply wouldn't have done so if they weren't happy with their pups.

At any one time he has upwards of 50 greyhound bitches - and perhaps a dozen stud dogs - does he work them? Of course he doesn't - he once broke it down for me and explained why he wouldn't work a stud dog and it was simple economics. The dog is too valuable to lose...he's in it for pounds, shillings and pence...simple. Many may not agree but it's a fact....If Hancock has - for example - 10 litters from X stud dog in a year and the feedback was poor he wouldn't use it and wouldn't get away with using it as word of mouth matters and folk would give that line a wide berth and he'd be left with the pups...

Top and bottom is Hancock is an emotive subject - the Marmite of the lurcher world - you either like him or you don't...no one polarises opinion more... :laugh::cray:

One a personal note I have had 4 Hancocks now, first one away back in time...he was a 3/4 bred Taffy pup...very good fox dog and fabulously athletic...I also had a Richard Jones first x - sadly didn't make old bones but was a formidable lamping dog...a Kubla 3/4 bred who was killed in action when he was 15 months and I currently have a first x Alex pup who's 2 years old next week...brave, athletic, obsessive prey drive and a nose that wouldn't be outa place on a hound...and I have another coming next week...a Kubla pup...had a lot of fun and adventure with my collie xs - maybe they suit my nature...can't fault em!!!!

post-57287-0-38841300-1363202814.jpg

post-57287-0-32735400-1363202819.jpg

post-57287-0-46676800-1363202839.jpg

post-57287-0-92862000-1363202859.jpg

post-57287-0-87838100-1363202873.jpg

post-57287-0-98719700-1363202896.jpg

post-57287-0-39164600-1363203020.jpg

• Like 15

i bought my first "Hancock dog" off David 20 odd years ago, she was a "real un". ille remember that little first cross bitch till the day i die, for all the right reasons.she would be one of my top 3 ive ever owned, ive had two others off him aswell both 3/4 border 1/4 greyhound both good uns. and both took most quarry good style well before the ban.

more lately ive been after other quarry on different land, and consequently have needed a different, type of dog, although if i got back into rabbits day and night and wanted a dog for it i would be down hancocks, and give him my money and take another border collie x greyhound straight away, personaly i found him a nice bloke, and dont think 250 is a bad price for a pup, especially compared to some of the prices of the top coursing type bred pups of today.

some of my "few" dog mates i have, have had dogs off him too, and they have all done well with theres too, but i rate them all as" good dog men"

my opinion is based on my own experiences and ownership, over 40 years of keeping lurchers not internet hearsay or from "a mate of mines friend"

however i think he sells so many pups to just anyone who comes along, that there is bound to be a large amount of duffers about, though i reckon in the right hands his dogs should have as good a chance as most other pups that are for sale,

all the best

cocker

Did you mean 3/4 greyhound, 1/4 collie? Just curious.

Edited by Maximus Ferret

I think what has been said regarding workers, we all know that they will work, and we know how they are bred, as it says in the tin.

but how much exercise do the brood bitches and stud dogs receive daily?

What quality of food do they have?

are the brood greyhounds bred every time they come in season?

what happens to them, when their breeding is finished

im afraid i dont agree with puppy farming..

If you are a defence lawyer you defend people, if you are a builder you build houses - David Hancock is a commercial lurcher breeder so he breeds lurchers - if you couldn't defend or build for shit you'll be out of work!!! That's generally how it works. :yes:

Hancock has been a commercial breeder - something he has no trouble talking about - for over 30 years and is still in the game...so my way of thinking is he must be doing something right and must be producing a product that there is a demand for. :thumbs:

Make no mistake if everything he bred was shit - as is claimed by many - he'da been out the game years ago...I know many decent dog lads who have been back time and time again and simply wouldn't have done so if they weren't happy with their pups.

At any one time he has upwards of 50 greyhound bitches - and perhaps a dozen stud dogs - does he work them? Of course he doesn't - he once broke it down for me and explained why he wouldn't work a stud dog and it was simple economics. The dog is too valuable to lose...he's in it for pounds, shillings and pence...simple. Many may not agree but it's a fact....If Hancock has - for example - 10 litters from X stud dog in a year and the feedback was poor he wouldn't use it and wouldn't get away with using it as word of mouth matters and folk would give that line a wide berth and he'd be left with the pups...

Top and bottom is Hancock is an emotive subject - the Marmite of the lurcher world - you either like him or you don't...no one polarises opinion more... :laugh::cray:

One a personal note I have had 4 Hancocks now, first one away back in time...he was a 3/4 bred Taffy pup...very good fox dog and fabulously athletic...I also had a Richard Jones first x - sadly didn't make old bones but was a formidable lamping dog...a Kubla 3/4 bred who was killed in action when he was 15 months and I currently have a first x Alex pup who's 2 years old next week...brave, athletic, obsessive prey drive and a nose that wouldn't be outa place on a hound...and I have another coming next week...a Kubla pup...had a lot of fun and adventure with my collie xs - maybe they suit my nature...can't fault em!!!!

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

attachicon.gifjones.jpg

attachicon.gif3 (2).jpg

attachicon.gif4.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0029.JPG

The pup im getting is out of Kubla to mate :thumbs: Won't be ready until easter. I think your right, defo a Marmite thing, probs not a bad name for a pup either, lol.