the Best, Worst, Stangest Pub You've Been In ?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have drank in bars all over the world from bush bars in the congo to Bars in Norway ....the Norwegians are the worst drunks anywher by far they cant handle there drink no wonder at £8 a pint ...but

when i was about 14/15 (late 80s) we were trying to get into a 21 pub in Richmond, the bouncer was all like "you lads don't want to come in here" But we just thought he was just questioning our age

I was over in Ireland with the dogs a couple of years ago, Ballycommon, County Offaly. I was in this pub in the middle of nowhere, and asked the lady owner "what's the best Irish whiskey" ? She leant

the penny black in edinburgh opened at 5am met some interesting charecters in there, if your face didnt fit you didnt get in great place to wait on the buses starting again :D

Know afew like that , if your face dont fit , theyll change it for you :laugh:

So youve been in the ukranian club bottom of becket road then :laugh:

Ukarians posh compared to the old castle :laugh:

Yeah and the back room in the old bull was not for the faint hearted :laugh:

the penny black in edinburgh opened at 5am met some interesting charecters in there, if your face didnt fit you didnt get in great place to wait on the buses starting again :D

Yeah and the back room in the old black bull was not for the faint hearted :laugh:

Yeah and the back room in the old black bull was not for the faint hearted :laugh:

i remember the back room when they had the 2 donalds on the door , it was like watching Hale and pace :boogy:

getting taken to the bible class(orange hall) on a sunday morning by dad when i was about 7.union flags and picture of the queen on the wall.lol guys drinking whisky and cans of tennents.ones with the birds on the side of the can.linda was one lol. was the only place open early on a sunday morning haha.

I was over in Ireland with the dogs a couple of years ago, Ballycommon, County Offaly. I was in this pub in the middle of nowhere, and asked the lady owner "what's the best Irish whiskey" ? She leant over and said " There all shite, your better off drinking Scotch "!! I persisted and she asked an old drunk at the end of the bar his opinion; he said " Sure, without a doubt it's Tulleymore Dew" ! The Landlady then filled a large tunbler to the brim and pushed it across the bar to me. "How much ?" I asked; "away with you, you're a guest" she replied !! I drank it and she insisted I take the branded tumbler with me !! The same lady gave Foxgun Tom six bottles of the stuff as prizes !! Lovely people, and I hope to go back some time !!

Cheers.

• Like 3

Plenty of rough places here...roughest pub i've drank in is called 'The Royal' right next to the Marina....was opened up again about 2 years ago but what a shit hole, full of the usual ex cons, mongrels who don't brush their teeth or their hair and the usual idiots who think they're Rocky. Last time i was in there a bird glassed the bar man for no apparent reason, i got told i was looking at someone "i shouldn't" and i'd better "watch my back"...the fella in question was about 65 and pissed as a fart and his nose was battered in every direction so he obviously had a knack for getting his arse kicked :laugh: I only ever went in because i was banging the bar maid, now i'm barred after calling her some choice words when she messed me about :whistling::laugh:

Plenty of rough places here...roughest pub i've drank in is called 'The Royal' right next to the Marina....was opened up again about 2 years ago but what a shit hole, full of the usual ex cons, mongrels who don't brush their teeth or their hair and the usual idiots who think they're Rocky. Last time i was in there a bird glassed the bar man for no apparent reason, i got told i was looking at someone "i shouldn't" and i'd better "watch my back"...the fella in question was about 65 and pissed as a fart and his nose was battered in every direction so he obviously had a knack for getting his arse kicked :laugh: I only ever went in because i was banging the bar maid, now i'm barred after calling her some choice words when she messed me about :whistling::laugh:

Sounds like somewhere id frequent :laugh:

• Like 1

Been in a few dives (most of the pubs around here) but for me the best was a wee village local in N.I when me n a mate was over for a weekend hunting with a few boys from here. Nice pint with a good bunch of lads the craic was great then a wee sing song never seen this before in a boozer, best night in a pub ever for me and a weekend I will never foget.

when i was about 14/15 (late 80s) we were trying to get into a 21 pub in Richmond, the

bouncer was all like "you lads don't want to come in here"

But we just thought he was just questioning our age so we went into full blag mode

"No mate, we've been here plenty of times, love the place"

"Some of our mates are already in there"

He looked at us sort of oddly, then said "fair enough"

and let us in.

Our mistake, it was full on blue oyster bar, moustaches every where, leather chaps and hats.

We were the centre of attention for the one and only drink we had there before making our escape.

• Like 3

Theres a little pub in Beckholes on the North York Moors not far from Gotheland, its the smallest, [holds about 6] scruffyest place iv ever supped in and its great :laugh: , i dont feel comfy in these modern blingy type joints, happy christmas everybody, buster.

Had afew in there , like sitting in someones front room

Theres a Salmon or two to be had in the beck too Steve [rummer has it] its a tributry of the Esk, and if my front room looked like that i,d divorce the cleaning lady :yes: ,buster.