Deer and fox dogs

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty people will jack from a fallow buck never mind there dogs

my old dog ,give 100% every time he was out ,pleasure to own and run,do foxes for fun,had his fair share of roe.,but never seen anything bigger.could do some good bags of rabbits as well.put down at 1

the cross i ran in the 80s was saluki grey x collie grey he took both fox and deer no problem and had good wind on hare photo been up before atb

Posted Images

saluki/bull/grey bitch 24"tts and of a slight build, take roe and fallow and she'd kill foxes no problem

1/2 grey 1/2 ridgeback dog 26" take roe and fallow , would do fox but not all the time

1/2 bull 1/2grey bitch 21" fox dog but did take roe

1/4 wheaten 3/4 grey 28" fox dog

my white lurcherxlurcher 24" will take fox

5 lurchers i seen run and witnessed them kill with my own eyes

i think any lurcher bred and brought on right should be able to kill fox and deer no matter what the cross :thumbs:

• Like 1

much easier pre ban to get a dog that would take deer than it was one to take fox imo.

Seen a few good Deer dogs that would lift there head on a fox..... I agree with you there

Well would of all loved dogs that would do the lot but in theroy it just anit that simple......

Likes been said what one would class as a top dog others wont and be mearly avarage at best. Me i would of taken a good deer dog over ANY good teeth dog they just never done it for me....

• Like 4

I don't think that's the case with foxes. Some dogs won't do them single handed no matter how you enter them. And in my experience, not including bull Xs, not a lot of lurchers are single handed.

true mate, ive know dogs take (all) bar fox on 4 legs, you would think a 18 fox is nout comp to other animals that they take, but some dogs dont like to mix it with old charlie :yes:

• Like 4

I don't think that's the case with foxes. Some dogs won't do them single handed no matter how you enter them. And in my experience, not including bull Xs, not a lot of lurchers are single handed.

true mate, ive know dogs take (all) bar fox on 4 legs, you would think a 18 fox is nout comp to other animals that they take, but some dogs dont like to mix it with old charlie :yes:

To right , you'd think a dog that could pull fallow would wreck a little fox

if the dog is brought on proper and the gear is put in front of it they should do both fox and deer half the time the dog is let down by the owner who then blames the dog and not his self atb

some dogs just will not do teeth no matter how you bring them on ,if it aint in them to mix it you cant put it there ,no matter what or how you try..theres plenty of people that have had failures with dogs not liking or doing teeth pre ban me included .
  • Like 7