Deer and fox dogs

in my eye any dog that do both is a hard dog .couse your got the kick from a deer and the bite from the fox not a nice thing for any dog to come across dont mater what breed.thing like that can soon jib a young dog witch ever one you start in on.imo

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty people will jack from a fallow buck never mind there dogs

my old dog ,give 100% every time he was out ,pleasure to own and run,do foxes for fun,had his fair share of roe.,but never seen anything bigger.could do some good bags of rabbits as well.put down at 1

the cross i ran in the 80s was saluki grey x collie grey he took both fox and deer no problem and had good wind on hare photo been up before atb

Posted Images

Guest bigdaddylongchopper

I don't think that's the case with foxes. Some dogs won't do them single handed no matter how you enter them. And in my experience, not including bull Xs, not a lot of lurchers are single handed.

true mate, ive know dogs take (all) bar fox on 4 legs, you would think a 18 fox is nout comp to other animals that they take, but some dogs dont like to mix it with old charlie :yes:

To right , you'd think a dog that could pull fallow would wreck a little fox

The difference is deer dont bite back and deer being hooved animals are a natural prey animal for a dog.It only takes ability for a dog to take deer it takes bo**ocks as well to to make a proper fox dog.

i have seen many a fox dog back off from a 180lbs fallow buck,theres no diffrence a bad fox dog or bad deer dog is a cull.any half tidy animal should do them both.

• Like 1

in my eye any dog that do both is a hard dog .couse your got the kick from a deer and the bite from the fox not a nice thing for any dog to come across dont mater what breed.thing like that can soon jib a young dog witch ever one you start in on.imo

Hey mate, you wont have to worry about your new pup jibbin' if its owt like the parents!! Is that him in your avatar?

I don't think that's the case with foxes. Some dogs won't do them single handed no matter how you enter them. And in my experience, not including bull Xs, not a lot of lurchers are single handed.

true mate, ive know dogs take (all) bar fox on 4 legs, you would think a 18 fox is nout comp to other animals that they take, but some dogs dont like to mix it with old charlie :yes:

The difference is deer dont bite back and deer being hooved animals are a natural prey animal for a dog.It only takes ability for a dog to take deer it takes bo**ocks as well to to make a proper fox dog.

i have seen many a fox dog back off from a 180lbs fallow buck,theres no diffrence a bad fox dog or bad deer dog is a cull.any half tidy animal should do them both.

Well them dogs were nothing more than curs that would have more than likely spewed it on foxes if pushed hard enough.

Well them dogs were nothing more than curs that would have more than likely spewed it on foxes if pushed hard enough.

the one i saw killed by a buck was more then tested enough.foxs dont kill dogs deer do fact,

• Like 2

the one i saw killed by a buck was more then tested enough.foxs dont kill dogs deer do fact,

Aye,i'd agree with that..seen one killed outright by a red hind a big dog he was too and i seen one feck the vertebrae in it's neck so basically broke it's neck,it lived but couldn't lift it's head..the lad kept it as a pet,yet to see a 14lb fox inflict death on ANY kind of lurcher ;)

• Like 4

F**k me that old one,Where did you hear that(The gospel according to st Dread)that dog didnt know the deer was going to kill it.A dog on its 3rd or 4th winter fox of the knight knows that its hurting.Especially when its had to catch them off the slip on its own not dropped out of a motor or doubled up with a saluki cross to make the catch for them.
  • Like 3

F**k me that old one,Where did you hear that(The gospel according to st Dread)that dog didnt know the deer was going to kill it.A dog on its 3rd or 4th winter fox of the knight knows that its hurting.Especially when its had to catch them off the slip on its own not dropped out of a motor or doubled up with a saluki cross to make the catch for them.

the dog i saw had 8 season of foxes under his belt,its what i saw not heard or was told about,dont get lemon downsouth it dont suit you.

Downsouth you talk when you should really listen.

Another follower,Can none of you curdog boys think for yourselves.

What you talking about fool, what is curdog?

Edited by Moscow