Deer and fox dogs

The difference is deer dont bite back and deer being hooved animals are a natural prey animal for a dog.It only takes ability for a dog to take deer it takes bo**ocks as well to to make a proper fox dog.

You have obviously never caught any muntjac bucks - locally I know of a number of dogs killed by muntjac and a few years back I saw a 26" bull cross bleed to death after being opened up by muntjac. I also know of dogs killed by fallow and sika

F**king hell now it takes a game dog to kill a Munty,Ive heard it all.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty people will jack from a fallow buck never mind there dogs

my old dog ,give 100% every time he was out ,pleasure to own and run,do foxes for fun,had his fair share of roe.,but never seen anything bigger.could do some good bags of rabbits as well.put down at 1

the cross i ran in the 80s was saluki grey x collie grey he took both fox and deer no problem and had good wind on hare photo been up before atb

Posted Images

The difference is deer dont bite back and deer being hooved animals are a natural prey animal for a dog.It only takes ability for a dog to take deer it takes bo**ocks as well to to make a proper fox dog.

You have obviously never caught any muntjac bucks - locally I know of a number of dogs killed by muntjac and a few years back I saw a 26" bull cross bleed to death after being opened up by muntjac. I also know of dogs killed by fallow and sika

once your dogs took one to the noggin you will no what people are talking about :thumbs:

No not at all mate. Just saying that muntjac CAN hurt a dog if they want to much worde than ANY fox bite. ATB

i ran a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull bitch bout 15 years ago ,murder on roe ,but would,nt even tackle a fox,no matter how many you put in front of her she would,nt even grab them.gave her to a keeper friend who used her on fallow deer,now she was getting amongst plenty but lacked in the brain department so eventually she ended up taking 1 right to the forhead and killed instantly.need to no what there doing with the big beasties.lol

once your dogs took one to the noggin you will no what people are talking about :thumbs:

Ive seen dogs that wernt fox dogs and wernt even proper deer dogs take Muntys back when it was legal.

No not at all mate. Just saying that muntjac CAN hurt a dog if they want to much worde than ANY fox bite. ATB

Ive seen a couple of dogs opened up by Muntys but the took plenty without without a mark on them.When a dog was being used for foxes regular they knew they were getting bitten up regular.

Ive seen dogs that wernt fox dogs and wernt even proper deer dogs take Muntys back when it was legal.

i aint on about you mothers king charles spaniel luckly grabbing the arse off a munty. i am on about a consistent dog killing them week after week not the odd one or two and not just muntys. i have know a few people that have good fox dogs that wont look at a fallow twice on there own. a dog that kills them week in week out be it cwd,roe,muntys,fallow,sika is worth its weight in gold and i would sooner have one of them in my kennels than a fox dog...

Ive seen a couple of dogs opened up by Muntys but the took plenty without without a mark on them.When a dog was being used for foxes regular they knew they were getting bitten up regular.

you think a buck /stag dog thinks its a walk in park?lol

ffs there is no way I would slip on a munty they are tough little c**ts

Will unzip a dog if it gets it wrong

Come on pal u making your self look stupid

Ain't read the whole thread, but have any of the " Fallow are easy" mob checked in yet?......what about the " my 20 inch pocket rocket has knocked over hundreds of fallow and foxes" club.......let me know when they get here ! Lol lol

• Like 2

No i never said it was a walk in the park but i think it took a gamer dog to take foxes in numbers week in week out.Like i said at the begining of the thread ive seen lots of dogs take deer that refused to take a fox.Now ive also seen fox dogs that couldnt pull a fallow but it was more through lack of size but it didnt stop them trying they would get kicked of dragged about but would still have a go.

No i never said it was a walk in the park but i think it took a gamer dog to take foxes in numbers week in week out.Like i said at the begining of the thread ive seen lots of dogs take deer that refused to take a fox.Now ive also seen fox dogs that couldnt pull a fallow but it was more through lack of size but it didnt stop them trying they would get kicked of dragged about but would still have a go.

i no what i would have my dog doing in my kennels and it wouldnt be some mankey ginger thing that you chuck in a bush after.....

Edited by Ray Mears
  • Like 1

opinions are like assholes everyone has one ,so your welcome there ,but i disagree with you here, im talking here night in night out ,not once a week or 2 , Edited by DEERMAN