deer dogs (preban)

Fallow are so strong, even when not in full flow they take some putting down and when they're down its not all over.

I've seen a few big dogs get dragged around like they were rag dolls, I've got nothing but respect for the dogs and lads doing them regular as they soon find a dog out and a lot of runs invariably end in tears.

what I've seen mate a smaller dog with technique will out do a big dog with just brawn on them ,but if you have both your on a winner ,if that makes sense :thumbs:

Even then its not allways a guarantee as i lost a bitch last season she had the knack and very rarely she would finish them off before we even arrived on the scene. The last time i saw her she got dragged off into a forestry block by a mammoth of a buck. Found her stone dead. My guess is she had been bashed on a tree or similar. But thats the thing with dogs that give a 100% i suppose ....

That's just bad luck mate nothing more nothing less..how big was she and what x ?...ffs don't say a mal x :laugh::laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mates little whippet was a good deer dog pre ban 19tts. Very capable little bitch was Skippy

couple more in me youth.many many moons ago.when i was kean , now the ban i sit back and just think of the good old day,s,,

An old pre ban one a dog bred out of a 22tts lamp bitch to a first cross saluki/grey called jed from county duram.

Posted Images

Fallow are so strong, even when not in full flow they take some putting down and when they're down its not all over.

I've seen a few big dogs get dragged around like they were rag dolls, I've got nothing but respect for the dogs and lads doing them regular as they soon find a dog out and a lot of runs invariably end in tears.

what I've seen mate a smaller dog with technique will out do a big dog with just brawn on them ,but if you have both your on a winner ,if that makes sense :thumbs:

:thumbs:

Even then its not allways a guarantee as i lost a bitch last season she had the knack and very rarely she would finish them off before we even arrived on the scene. The last time i saw her she got dragged off into a forestry block by a mammoth of a buck. Found her stone dead. My guess is she had been bashed on a tree or similar. But thats the thing with dogs that give a 100% i suppose ....

That's just bad luck mate nothing more nothing less..how big was she and what x ?...ffs don't say a mal x :laugh::laugh: :laugh:

Half x bull grey about 24tts. Was given her by a lad who was giving up she had already seen alot of graft thats why ive never put any pics of her up. Was sick but id rather the dog go out that way than jack ...

• Like 1

wel obviously ye nan taught u f**k all thats why yer asking silly questions pmsl

How's that? I stated quite clearly that I'd never ran Sika so was unsure as to why people said they were easy. What's silly about that? You come on, make a stupid comment in an attempt to ridicule people but add nothing more. If you have this vast knowledge and experience maybe you could use it to qualify some of your scoffing. It doesn't seem to me that you've actually got any answers. If you read back, you've answered nothing and just posting comments trying to make yourself sound better. That smacks of insecurity, probably bought on by a lack of real world knowledge and a transparent attempt to be in with the cool kids.

How about you add something constructive to the thread? When you reply, get a grown up to help you write it, I'm struggling to understand what you're trying to say. But then again, I bet you don't even know what you're trying to say.

Your only half right Kranky,He does know what hes on about concerning dogs and deer but he is an illiterate mongo with insecurity issues.

Your only half right Kranky,He does know what hes on about concerning dogs and deer but he is an illiterate mongo with insecurity issues.

Hahahahaha!! Ok, when he's writing more than 3 words he makes sense. He does have a habit of slagging people off though.

To be fair mate I'm in my 40s and done enough to say put food on plate end of !! Doubled up always makes sence to me on fallow and as far as for dogs shock can chalk warren will back up ray ware never bred a bad deer dog !!

ive had big and small seen both do well but for me its big

As much as it pains me to say it, I agree. I prefer a big dog. They can cover ground a lot quicker, have more power when they connect and can jump obstacles in full flight to match most deer.

ive had big and small seen both do well but for me its big

As much as it pains me to say it, I agree. I prefer a big dog. They can cover ground a lot quicker, have more power when they connect and can jump obstacles in full flight to match most deer.

Think the bigger dog would be better not hard to work that one out but some we dogs can handle then as well maybe not as good or fast but can still do it :thumbs:

• Like 3