Brother to sister mating is it to close,

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

me old man’s best pure had nasty streak to it mate listen to no one but him growl people up pin em even people hated been round it ? 

my red dog was a bas,,,d very unpredictable  one minuete  nice as pie next he would rip your face off    ,not to be trusted  ..

• Haha 1

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A brother sister mating from which a bitch was again put back to the sire produced this dog. Like the rest of the litter he is bursting with health and vitality and hes slightly bigger than both of hi

mC you are totally wrong about a terrier not being a performance athlete, a terrier gone to ground working Fox and Badger (historically) pushes its body through the pain barrier more than any other ca

my old bitch bred like that she thrived on lots of stick n the stronger the hares the better for her. 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, riohog said:

my red dog was a bas,,,d very unpredictable  one minuete  nice as pie next he would rip your face off    ,not to be trusted  ..

im sure the c,,t got honey badger in it somewere  ?

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, riohog said:

i’m lucky mine are like puppy’s round us ? been round a few that we’re crackers me neighbour had one man biter dog killer i had to feed it when he went away new me years first time in at me fighting it off with a chair i had a gun i’d a gone back and shot the c**t eyes changed the lot sunk 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i’m lucky mine are like puppy’s round us ? been round a few that we’re crackers me neighbour had one man biter dog killer i had to feed it when he went away new me years first time in at me fighting it off with a chair i had a gun i’d a gone back and shot the c**t eyes changed the lot sunk 

and some folk think they are just fluffy pets  , god help them when they turn ..

9 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

? think there in there with a wild animal 

l put it down to too closer breeding  sent them fkn looney  just to dangerous  near my young grandson  had to have a bit of lead under the ear ,, 

12 hours ago, jeemes said:

Thanks but how does a dogs genes differ from any other animals apart from them being of a dog or any other animal. How does breeding in produce recessive traits? 

A dogs genes differ completely just as every species of animals genes differ from one another. As i mentioned previously, in your example of herd animals and their breeding programs, such inbreeding obviously results in greater yeilds but is that really healthy for the species in the long run? 

Inbreeding will transfer recessive traits which every animal has, and breeding 2 exact dogs together from the same litter won't give you improvement genetically, perhaps back to the father in the first instance, but brother sister and then back to the father seems to me as setting yourself back straight from the beginning. I would never considering buying a pup from a same litter mating, that's just me, but I'm sure most would be the same. 

Was the dog you used to start, a lurcher in the first place or was it a first X bull greyhound? Just out of interest mate. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

A dogs genes differ completely just as every species of animals genes differ from one another. As i mentioned previously, in your example of herd animals and their breeding programs, such inbreeding obviously results in greater yeilds but is that really healthy for the species in the long run? 

Inbreeding will transfer recessive traits which every animal has, and breeding 2 exact dogs together from the same litter won't give you improvement genetically, perhaps back to the father in the first instance, but brother sister and then back to the father seems to me as setting yourself back straight from the beginning. I would never considering buying a pup from a same litter mating, that's just me, but I'm sure most would be the same. 

Was the dog you used to start, a lurcher in the first place or was it a first X bull greyhound? Just out of interest mate. 

Substitute greater yields for greater performance, stamina, gameness etc. Thats what we are talking about. An improving scale. If you have a great dog in your kennel then you use him at stud to various bitches and he also produces, then you have yourself a prepotent animal. King of dogs! because hes probably DD for the important traits. If you carry on from there outcrossing the offspring all you will be doing is watering down and confusing the original blood of the great dog you had. The purpose of inbreeding is to fix or purify traits. In other words stop the masking of recessives with dominant genes.

Have you ever bred two very good dogs together and wondered why the pups they produced were a disappointment? It happens all the time. Its down to genes not being Double dominant, in other words, undesirable recessives. You could breed the same pair again and get a good one in the litter or maybe not, as Mchull says "varying results". Hes got it in one. What you are doing with inbreeding is cutting out the waste and preserving the good, making it simpler. Theres a bit more to it than that obviously and you have to be careful and test dogs but Im just making the point. There shouldnt be a fast rule about which relation are bred,the main thing is both parents need to be very healthy.

Im afraid when you buy dogs in you dont know what your getting usually. You only know what you are told. Best to breed your own imo.

All my dogs are half cross. 

• Like 8
19 minutes ago, riohog said:

yep fkn uselless them sals 

post-20594-0-02209200-1432110452.jpg

Only an idiot would call them useless. I really admire them. I love to watch them running a Hare. A good one is pure class.They are the ultimate running machine, theres no doubt about that. I was only making the point its horses for courses (pardon the pun) I wasnt trying to be insulting.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, jeemes said:

Only an idiot would call them useless. I really admire them. I love to watch them running a Hare. A good one is pure class.They are the ultimate running machine, theres no doubt about that. I was only making the point its horses for courses (pardon the pun) I wasnt trying to be insulting.

show pony,s

258972_10150228478573304_2487283_o.jpg

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, jeemes said:

Substitute greater yields for greater performance, stamina, gameness etc. Thats what we are talking about. An improving scale. If you have a great dog in your kennel then you use him at stud to various bitches and he also produces, then you have yourself a prepotent animal. King of dogs! because hes probably DD for the important traits. If you carry on from there outcrossing the offspring all you will be doing is watering down and confusing the original blood of the great dog you had. The purpose of inbreeding is to fix or purify traits. In other words stop the masking of recessives with dominant genes.

Have you ever bred two very good dogs together and wondered why the pups they produced were a disappointment? It happens all the time. Its down to genes not being Double dominant, in other words, undesirable recessives. You could breed the same pair again and get a good one in the litter or maybe not, as Mchull says "varying results". Hes got it in one. What you are doing with inbreeding is cutting out the waste and preserving the good, making it simpler. Theres a bit more to it than that obviously and you have to be careful and test dogs but Im just making the point. There shouldnt be a fast rule about which relation are bred,the main thing is both parents need to be very healthy.

Im afraid when you buy dogs in you dont know what your getting usually. You only know what you are told. Best to breed your own imo.

All my dogs are half cross. 

Fair play to you then mate. I hope your line goes well for you. Your making what sounds like a convincing argument on a few points there so fair enough. Have never ran a firstx or half cross, only 3/8 5/8 and 1/4 bull greyhounds aswell as saluki bull greyhounds over the years. Just mentioning for the contribution factor?

• Like 1