Brother to sister mating is it to close,

4 minutes ago, jeemes said:

Do you think there stock have always been outcrossed?

no but with time comes common sense and more understanding inbreeding your reducing the variability of the gene pool that leads to extinction you will get to the point you won’t be able to reproduce 

take sheep you in breed you will just end up  with still borns and sheep dying giving birth 

Edited by mC HULL

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A brother sister mating from which a bitch was again put back to the sire produced this dog. Like the rest of the litter he is bursting with health and vitality and hes slightly bigger than both of hi

mC you are totally wrong about a terrier not being a performance athlete, a terrier gone to ground working Fox and Badger (historically) pushes its body through the pain barrier more than any other ca

my old bitch bred like that she thrived on lots of stick n the stronger the hares the better for her. 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, jeemes said:

How do you think the still births occur because of inbreeding?

be bad genes recessive genes 

hundred of study’s show inbreeding decreases size lowers fertility causes still borns reduces life expectancy cause etc

its all out there mate have a look and a read 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

no but with time comes common sense and more understanding inbreeding your reducing the variability of the gene pool that leads to extinction you will get to the point you won’t be able to reproduce 

take sheep you in breed you will just end up  with still borns and sheep dying giving birth 

When my dogs are extinct I'll let you know?

• Like 3
Just now, jeemes said:

When my dogs are extinct I'll let you know?

once you need ai your there or start having still born pups which multiple lads on here have had and needed straws 

you got any pics of dogs at 14 15 ?

2 hours ago, jeemes said:

When you say "its just what happens" Wheres your evidence? I mean apart from studies on google I mean. I am certainly not saying you can breed indefinitely in.  The idea is to fix traits or putting it another way to make the animal double dominant for the desired traits mental or physical. So on that basis if you had a dog that was DD for all the traits you wanted in your dog, say courage, drive, speed,stamina,intelligence plus physically sound, great feet, etc etc He would be a prepotent animal that would mask any recessive faults in bitches put to him and likely to produce good offspring. 

Through Line breeding (slow) or inbreeding (quick) you can bring about this purity of strain, whether its dogs ferrets, pigeons etc and so improving stock as recessives through selection are removed. 

Have a look at the pedigree of" Purity". An agricultural animal that has been pure for hundreds of years. Her sire Mercury was a great producer. Saturn and Rhea were obviously quality animals to start with. I wont say what the animals were but they were and are judged on what they produce.

Im not saying inbreeding cant go wrong. I know it can, especially if its practiced haphazardly or with sentimentality but Wheres your evidence that it cannot go well.

IMG_7453.jpg

Jerseys? Maybe they were a landrace long before he went near them?

24 minutes ago, jeemes said:

Thanks but how does a dogs genes differ from any other animals apart from them being of a dog or any other animal. How does breeding in produce recessive traits? 

Wild herd animals, one sire, lots of dams. Carnivorous animals tend to pair up. Must be some reason for it.

12 minutes ago, tinytiger said:

Jerseys? Maybe they were a landrace long before he went near them?

just looked jerseys have a coefficency of 3.3 percent and don’t go higher than 6 percent 

inbreeding causes less milk production after that 

that’s quite low inbreeding 

khan jihad had 9.51 and he only had 3x3 common relative grandparent each side litter brother sister with some import blood a bit further back 

imagine what brother sister then a pup back to farther would be even the kc wouldn’t have that ? 

Edited by mC HULL

The highest level of inbreeding by far (> 80%) is for the Norwegian Lundehund. This breed suffers from extremely low fertility and high puppy mortality as well as an often lethal gastrointestinal disorder.

57 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

just looked jerseys have a coefficency of 3.3 percent and don’t go higher than 6 percent 

khan jihad had 9.51 and he only had 3x3 common relative grandparent each side litter brother sister with some import blood a bit further back 

imagine what brother sister then a pup back to farther would be even the kc wouldn’t have that ? 

Its at 65%(roughly) in the pedigree Jeemes put up,(and no new blood added since). How many generations is it being worked out over? (Makes a big difference)

14 minutes ago, tinytiger said:

Its at 65%(roughly) in the pedigree Jeemes put up,(and no new blood added since). How many generations is it being worked out over? (Makes a big difference)

the dog khan jihad was over 80years o so mate 9.51 

5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

that maybe so  ,but im sure you are aware , that alot of the peds  were manipulated to fk  , just to get them regestered kc the geeene pool for sals in the uk was preety small  in the uk  , ,couldnt prove it but my guess is alot of uk pures  were  are  , very closely bred  !!!!.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, riohog said:

that maybe so  ,but im sure you are aware , that alot of the peds  were manipulated to fk  , just to get them regestered kc the geeene pool for sals in the uk was preety small  in the uk  , ,couldnt prove it but my guess is alot of uk pures  were  are  , very closely bred  !!!!.

Your average springer spaniel inbreeding coi is often in the 20%

• Like 1

It's a very interesting subject, but something I know very little about, but if you look at certain human demographics who marry close relatives, such as those of south Asian descent who regularly marry first cousins, the physical deformities and mental deficiencies in the offspring are far, far higher than in unrelated offspring.

Isnt this the reason incest is taboo ?

Cheers.

• Like 5