DOGO ARGENTINO X GREYHOUND

As a pig dog,there`s a lot better than the APBT.The Argentinians bred the dogos to make the ultimate BIG GAME hunting dog.Bull terriers were around for them at that time,but were deemed inadequate(too small).The Australians NQ Bullhound was bred from EBT,American bulldog and Great Dane,again APBT deemed as inadequate.The Texans use American Bulldogs and Dogos for pig hunting.Fact.....the APBT is a small(but game dog) that is not as a lot on here believe a jack of all trades.

How many "Texans" do you know? I know quite a few of them who catch quite a few hogs and I aint never heard them tell of a dogo nor an "American" bulldog, whatever the f**k that's supposed to be.

American bulldog can be a mix of different bully breeds, some look pit and others look like what Americans call bulldogs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Bulldog

There's another thread in the general section on the changes in bull breeds in the US and some of the pits bred look like bulldogs. :blink:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite simply ...the bull was/is used purely for its do or die attitude...not for its holding power as is the Dogo,s job..Proper bulls have been bred for hundreds of years solely for the die trying att

u realy are a tool u have 1 bull lurcher that cant catch anything another thats a jacker.and u dubble your dogs up on the lamp of the back of a truck on hares.the only dogs that need 2 be put down is

what a f*****g fanny.

Posted Images

i recon a pit could hold a boar

Of course he could mate..the ozzies stop em with smaller dogs...the pits trouble is though,he doesnt want to stop it..he wants to annialate it...thats the difference between a dogo and a pit..the dogo will happily hold till the owner makes the kill..the pit wants to make that kill all by himself lol

This is entirely untrue. I've hunted with dogo, AB, and pit catch dogs. And crosses of all sorts. Pit bulls are THE most common catch dog. A good pit will catch on and hold solid. But they have little lung and are usually used as lead in catch dogs.

• Like 1

As a pig dog,there`s a lot better than the APBT.The Argentinians bred the dogos to make the ultimate BIG GAME hunting dog.Bull terriers were around for them at that time,but were deemed inadequate(too small).The Australians NQ Bullhound was bred from EBT,American bulldog and Great Dane,again APBT deemed as inadequate.The Texans use American Bulldogs and Dogos for pig hunting.Fact.....the APBT is a small(but game dog) that is not as a lot on here believe a jack of all trades.

How many "Texans" do you know? I know quite a few of them who catch quite a few hogs and I aint never heard them tell of a dogo nor an "American" bulldog, whatever the f**k that's supposed to be.

Well here's a Texan that just hunted with dogos last week. 4 dogos were wrecked and my male jagdterrier killed on different nights. So believe me there are plenty of dogos and different dogs down here. Plenty of American ulldogs too. Come down and have a hunt with us sometime. See for yourself. You'll see pits, dogos, American bulldogs, and a sh*t ton of crosses. Catahoula x dogo and AB x dogo crosses are becoming popular. Some guys in the plains and out further west are starting to use stags. See some ridgeback and ridgeback crosses here and there. Guys use different dogs to suit their terrain and style. The pigs are always evolving and becoming tougher prey. So people are continually trying to adapt their hunting methods and dogs to them. Back here in East Texas the pit is still king though. A good pit lead in catch dog is easier and cheaper to find then anything else.

• Like 1

A mate of mine had a crossed dogo think it was with a pressa mite be wrong it was a beast of a dog he did have it for a guard dog for certain reasons any the dog was sound with people when mate was about but not to be trusted believe me. It used to stopped in his bedroom window alday watch constantly and 1 day when my mate was down stairs in saw a dog on the other side of the road smashed through the window near enough killed the dog and went for the owner the dog was mental and enevertably put to sleep,ive got bull crosses my self and i dont think a dogo could bring to the table what a bull has got and i think youd get more waistage in a litter then you would good ones :thumbs:

Back here in East Texas the pit is still king though. A good pit lead in catch dog is easier and cheaper to find then anything else.

I think we both know thats all I was sayin. I just hate it when folks read the internet and get these romantic ideas in their head without knowin sheep shit from apple sauce.

• Like 2

Umm as for our dogs over here, we used EBT because APBT were not in OZ in the early day and as for great danes they only add size (something wrong with man hood there as the one's i've met, a jack russel would give em an a$$ woopin), years ago i had a pit cross of two different bloodlines as well as bull mastiff blood, and that was one dog that was a very good dog in the end, but so hard headed for the first 18 months of her life. and that why i think people can't or don't know how or how to read/understand and or handle APBT dogs and that makes them not like or want the blood in there dogs. yes you can get a crap dog in any breed but bringing on and understanding the individual dog goes a long way. jmo

Edited by cathunter
  • Like 1

Well here's a Texan that just hunted with dogos last week. 4 dogos were wrecked and my male jagdterrier killed on different nights. So believe me there are plenty of dogos and different dogs down here. Plenty of American ulldogs too. Come down and have a hunt with us sometime. See for yourself. You'll see pits, dogos, American bulldogs, and a sh*t ton of crosses. Catahoula x dogo and AB x dogo crosses are becoming popular. Some guys in the plains and out further west are starting to use stags. See some ridgeback and ridgeback crosses here and there. Guys use different dogs to suit their terrain and style. The pigs are always evolving and becoming tougher prey. So people are continually trying to adapt their hunting methods and dogs to them. Back here in East Texas the pit is still king though. A good pit lead in catch dog is easier and cheaper to find then anything else.

You must be lying,Dan Edwards says that nobody hunts with Dogos in Texas.Ha Ha Ha :thumbs:

Umm as for our dogs over here, we used EBT because APBT were not in OZ in the early day and as for great danes they only add size (something wrong with man hood there as the one's i've met, a jack russel would give em an a$$ woopin), years ago i had a pit cross of two different bloodlines as well as bull mastiff blood, and that was one dog that was a very good dog in the end, but so hard headed for the first 18 months of her life. and that why i think people can't or don't know how or how to read/understand and or handle APBT dogs and that makes them not like or want the blood in there dogs. yes you can get a crap dog in any breed but bringing on and understanding the individual dog goes a long way. jmo

G`day mate,thanks for your reply,I`m aware of what you`re saying with what was thrown into the mix in your dogs and the reasoning behind it.The point I was trying to make was that you can have good,efficient and capable hunting dogs without having any APBT blood in them.

I know some lads who have got a pure one, out of good stuff, that they lamp from the motor (Lads not from UK, as banned breed) its good on some quarry, But as stabba says a well bred Bull X is a hell of a versatile dog. :thumbs:

but only on slow quarry :yes:

I know some lads who have got a pure one, out of good stuff, that they lamp from the motor (Lads not from UK, as banned breed) its good on some quarry, But as stabba says a well bred Bull X is a hell of a versatile dog. :thumbs:

but only on slow quarry :yes:

Oh MOO, are you spoiling for a keyboard fight? lol. :laugh:

anyone heard of a bully kutta

yes a big verson of a bull terrier used in packistan 2 fight bears serious animals bully dong another

its more great dane then bull terrier, the gull terrier is related to the bull terrier. and a cross between the bully kutta & gull terrier is called a gull dong. :thumbs:

Edited by judge2010