DOGO ARGENTINO X GREYHOUND

Quite simply ...the bull was/is used purely for its do or die attitude...not for its holding power as is the Dogo,s job..Proper bulls have been bred for hundreds of years solely for the die trying attitude that imo would not be in the dogo...There are way more show type Dogo,s than there are pure workers..and thats a fact not a half assed guess..to put it bluntly..the dogo x would produce way more quitters/jackers than a well bred half x bull would produce...why do you think not many pure bulls (apbt) are worked on hogs or big cats...because the little critters try to kill everything they come across..not just hold it...atb stabba

i seen a video of a dogo killing a mountain lion couldnt see a fox causeing it 2 much trouble.think they prefer the dogo over the pit cause the pit dont have the weight 2 hold the boars.

mate my pits hold masive boars 1 out no worrys i would love to give a dogo a run and would love to see how the x goes.

it comes down to good dogman have you ever seen a pit work or are you just a media sheep and i could not ask for beter pig dogs or i would own it they are smart as colies and highly tranable hard as nails and do the job just fine all my dogs are 100% stoke prof and great famly pets not the killing machines people make out.

yes but do your pits try to kill the boars or are they catch and hold dogs ??

no they dont try and kill they catch and hold as you put it. we call them lugging dogs in aus

Edited by red pit boar dog

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite simply ...the bull was/is used purely for its do or die attitude...not for its holding power as is the Dogo,s job..Proper bulls have been bred for hundreds of years solely for the die trying att

u realy are a tool u have 1 bull lurcher that cant catch anything another thats a jacker.and u dubble your dogs up on the lamp of the back of a truck on hares.the only dogs that need 2 be put down is

what a f*****g fanny.

Posted Images

Quite simply ...the bull was/is used purely for its do or die attitude...not for its holding power as is the Dogo,s job..Proper bulls have been bred for hundreds of years solely for the die trying attitude that imo would not be in the dogo...There are way more show type Dogo,s than there are pure workers..and thats a fact not a half assed guess..to put it bluntly..the dogo x would produce way more quitters/jackers than a well bred half x bull would produce...why do you think not many pure bulls (apbt) are worked on hogs or big cats...because the little critters try to kill everything they come across..not just hold it...atb stabba

i seen a video of a dogo killing a mountain lion couldnt see a fox causeing it 2 much trouble.think they prefer the dogo over the pit cause the pit dont have the weight 2 hold the boars.

mate my pits hold masive boars 1 out no worrys i would love to give a dogo a run and would love to see how the x goes.

it comes down to good dogman have you ever seen a pit work or are you just a media sheep and i could not ask for beter pig dogs or i would own it they are smart as colies and highly tranable hard as nails and do the job just fine all my dogs are 100% stoke prof and great famly pets not the killing machines people make out.

yes but do your pits try to kill the boars or are they catch and hold dogs ??

no they dont try and kill they catch and hold as you put it. we call them lugging dogs in aus

a good pit is an awesome tool an they make top gaurds an family dogs i love em just wish we could own use them here your very lucky your side of the pond

On the original topic, what would anyone hope to gain by crossing in dogo? GOOD working dogos aren't all that easy to find here where a lot of people are actively hunting them and trying to breed good dogs. Wouldn't it be next to impossible to find proven stock where ya'll are? I'm not trying to be an @ss. I'm really asking because I am totally ignorant of your situation.

Sean

yeah mate dogo are a restricted breed in aus they are hard to find i do know of some and have seen them work they are good dogs i prefer the pit they work well for me and were i hunt. mountans and lots of black berry bush.

when i went up north and my pits were a bit slow i needed a slightly legger dog but in saying that my dogs did better than theres in the mountans.

• 2 weeks later...

dont see how a dogo x greyhound wouldnt be usefull, how game does a 80lb+ dog have to be to handle 15lb fox

gamer than you think pal some hard foxes out there pal an some poor dogos that arent worthy of the title

not that hard mate

dont see how a dogo x greyhound wouldnt be usefull, how game does a 80lb+ dog have to be to handle 15lb fox

gamer than you think pal some hard foxes out there pal an some poor dogos that arent worthy of the title

not that hard mate

they are in number seen some of the so called best jack feller youve obviously not had them in numbers

not that hard mate

they are in number seen some of the so called best jack feller youve obviously not had them in numbers

the hard bit would be catching them its banned anyway so cant try mine on one but confident they would do it :thumbs:

not that hard mate

the hard bit would be catching them its banned anyway so cant try mine on one but confident they would do it :thumbs:

yes they take some catching preban