DOGO ARGENTINO X GREYHOUND

As a pig dog,there`s a lot better than the APBT.The Argentinians bred the dogos to make the ultimate BIG GAME hunting dog.Bull terriers were around for them at that time,but were deemed inadequate(too small).The Australians NQ Bullhound was bred from EBT,American bulldog and Great Dane,again APBT deemed as inadequate.The Texans use American Bulldogs and Dogos for pig hunting.Fact.....the APBT is a small(but game dog) that is not as a lot on here believe a jack of all trades.

How many "Texans" do you know? I know quite a few of them who catch quite a few hogs and I aint never heard them tell of a dogo nor an "American" bulldog, whatever the f**k that's supposed to be.

Well here's a Texan that just hunted with dogos last week. 4 dogos were wrecked and my male jagdterrier killed on different nights. So believe me there are plenty of dogos and different dogs down here. Plenty of American ulldogs too. Come down and have a hunt with us sometime. See for yourself. You'll see pits, dogos, American bulldogs, and a sh*t ton of crosses. Catahoula x dogo and AB x dogo crosses are becoming popular. Some guys in the plains and out further west are starting to use stags. See some ridgeback and ridgeback crosses here and there. Guys use different dogs to suit their terrain and style. The pigs are always evolving and becoming tougher prey. So people are continually trying to adapt their hunting methods and dogs to them. Back here in East Texas the pit is still king though. A good pit lead in catch dog is easier and cheaper to find then anything else.

You must be lying,Dan Edwards says that nobody hunts with Dogos in Texas.Ha Ha Ha :thumbs:

Is that what I said?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite simply ...the bull was/is used purely for its do or die attitude...not for its holding power as is the Dogo,s job..Proper bulls have been bred for hundreds of years solely for the die trying att

u realy are a tool u have 1 bull lurcher that cant catch anything another thats a jacker.and u dubble your dogs up on the lamp of the back of a truck on hares.the only dogs that need 2 be put down is

what a f*****g fanny.

Posted Images

As a pig dog,there`s a lot better than the APBT.The Argentinians bred the dogos to make the ultimate BIG GAME hunting dog.Bull terriers were around for them at that time,but were deemed inadequate(too small).The Australians NQ Bullhound was bred from EBT,American bulldog and Great Dane,again APBT deemed as inadequate.The Texans use American Bulldogs and Dogos for pig hunting.Fact.....the APBT is a small(but game dog) that is not as a lot on here believe a jack of all trades.

How many "Texans" do you know? I know quite a few of them who catch quite a few hogs and I aint never heard them tell of a dogo nor an "American" bulldog, whatever the f**k that's supposed to be.

Well here's a Texan that just hunted with dogos last week. 4 dogos were wrecked and my male jagdterrier killed on different nights. So believe me there are plenty of dogos and different dogs down here. Plenty of American ulldogs too. Come down and have a hunt with us sometime. See for yourself. You'll see pits, dogos, American bulldogs, and a sh*t ton of crosses. Catahoula x dogo and AB x dogo crosses are becoming popular. Some guys in the plains and out further west are starting to use stags. See some ridgeback and ridgeback crosses here and there. Guys use different dogs to suit their terrain and style. The pigs are always evolving and becoming tougher prey. So people are continually trying to adapt their hunting methods and dogs to them. Back here in East Texas the pit is still king though. A good pit lead in catch dog is easier and cheaper to find then anything else.

You must be lying,Dan Edwards says that nobody hunts with Dogos in Texas.Ha Ha Ha :thumbs:

Is that what I said?

so for you lads dan its the pitbull,rather then the dogo or american bulldog

I am not a hog hunter but most of the for real deal hog hunters will agree with that statement and so would machine up above.

Yes I would agree that statement is pretty much true. At least where I live. In other countires and locales in the US people may prefer other dogs for catch dogs. But the most common type of catch dog here is a pit. And those that hunt with a pit use them as a lead in catch dog. Other types of catch dogs ARE used but it comes down to what's effective for that person's style of hunting, habits of the pigs in the area, terrain, and really what that person likes.

My hunting buddy uses only dogos. Because that's what he LIKES. He used to have a jam up pit as well... just decided he wanted to concentrate on dogos and sold the pit. He uses the dogos as running catch dogs. Suits his style. Suits his terrain.

Curs are generally used for strike and bay dogs. Though some people here and in different parts of the country use hounds. An even smaller number use jagdterriers.

Edited by machine73

On the original topic, what would anyone hope to gain by crossing in dogo? GOOD working dogos aren't all that easy to find here where a lot of people are actively hunting them and trying to breed good dogs. Wouldn't it be next to impossible to find proven stock where ya'll are? I'm not trying to be an @ss. I'm really asking because I am totally ignorant of your situation.

Sean

On the original topic, what would anyone hope to gain by crossing in dogo? GOOD working dogos aren't all that easy to find here where a lot of people are actively hunting them and trying to breed good dogs. Wouldn't it be next to impossible to find proven stock where ya'll are? I'm not trying to be an @ss. I'm really asking because I am totally ignorant of your situation.

Sean

You aint all that ignorant.

Fire one over a 34" deerhound bitch and BOSH! ........ Single handed red stag dogs! :D

Yeah right :icon_eek:

You wouldnt appreciate a dog of this caliber :tongue2: . They use fox brushes and bog role and stag antlers as toothpicks. Bull crosses will be forgotten about inside a fortnight. :laugh:

dogos are known jackers good game dogo blood over here is rocking horse shit as is good pit blood an i know a few dogo owners over here so have more of an idea what there made of

Quite simply ...the bull was/is used purely for its do or die attitude...not for its holding power as is the Dogo,s job..Proper bulls have been bred for hundreds of years solely for the die trying attitude that imo would not be in the dogo...There are way more show type Dogo,s than there are pure workers..and thats a fact not a half assed guess..to put it bluntly..the dogo x would produce way more quitters/jackers than a well bred half x bull would produce...why do you think not many pure bulls (apbt) are worked on hogs or big cats...because the little critters try to kill everything they come across..not just hold it...atb stabba

i seen a video of a dogo killing a mountain lion couldnt see a fox causeing it 2 much trouble.think they prefer the dogo over the pit cause the pit dont have the weight 2 hold the boars.

mate my pits hold masive boars 1 out no worrys i would love to give a dogo a run and would love to see how the x goes.

it comes down to good dogman have you ever seen a pit work or are you just a media sheep and i could not ask for beter pig dogs or i would own it they are smart as colies and highly tranable hard as nails and do the job just fine all my dogs are 100% stoke prof and great famly pets not the killing machines people make out.

Quite simply ...the bull was/is used purely for its do or die attitude...not for its holding power as is the Dogo,s job..Proper bulls have been bred for hundreds of years solely for the die trying attitude that imo would not be in the dogo...There are way more show type Dogo,s than there are pure workers..and thats a fact not a half assed guess..to put it bluntly..the dogo x would produce way more quitters/jackers than a well bred half x bull would produce...why do you think not many pure bulls (apbt) are worked on hogs or big cats...because the little critters try to kill everything they come across..not just hold it...atb stabba

i seen a video of a dogo killing a mountain lion couldnt see a fox causeing it 2 much trouble.think they prefer the dogo over the pit cause the pit dont have the weight 2 hold the boars.

mate my pits hold masive boars 1 out no worrys i would love to give a dogo a run and would love to see how the x goes.

it comes down to good dogman have you ever seen a pit work or are you just a media sheep and i could not ask for beter pig dogs or i would own it they are smart as colies and highly tranable hard as nails and do the job just fine all my dogs are 100% stoke prof and great famly pets not the killing machines people make out.

yes but do your pits try to kill the boars or are they catch and hold dogs ??