Carl Williams

1 minute ago, OldPhil said:

A 30 mile walk would be impossible in much of Southern England....back in the day,..it was always, 'light on, light off'...anything else would get you in a fight or in the jail....Freelancing is a dangerous game, and folk that think it is all fun and games, need to give their heads a shake....?

img Scans236.jpg

How is the white pied dog bred phil?

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A line is only worth its name if it used extensively,...poor performers need to be removed and young stock should only be offered to men that can enter them sensibly, and test them to the full over a

Got to laugh...pulling up threads from 10 yrs back ...in the hope some mug blows some smoke up his arse? If he was the real deal...then he wouldn't of had a 10 yr break... dogs are a way of life

Problem with the lurcher game is that whilst it is full of passion and thrills,..it can also bring Heartache and sadness.. I'm sure we have all,..been there...? I've been around hunting dogs

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, king said:

Whats your average distance on them mountain tops in a day @Wales1234 bet you are racking up a few miles..

Wouldn’t do 20 miles , 10 is a good day ! But it’s a lot of up and down and stopping to watching them hunt and marking , and I wouldn’t be out all day usually home for 1/2 Fack walking 20/30 Miles for a poxy hare catch them about 2 minutes from the house 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Aye as easy as that ??

2 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

A 30 mile walk would be impossible in much of Southern England....back in the day,..it was always, 'light on, light off'...anything else would get you in a fight or in the jail....Freelancing is a dangerous game, and folk that think it is all fun and games, need to give their heads a shake....?

img Scans236.jpg

im not southern england mate and it was worse when there was  no ban your right youd get a few welps round head as a kid had mates dog ran over by farmer at 14 they never rang the filth lol scare the shit out of you instead 

we look back and laugh at the things now all good memorys even when come a cropper and im good on most of the land today without bother 

freelancing its called getting out and exploring ??

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

im not southern england mate and it was worse when there was  no ban your right youd get a few welps round head as a kid had mates dog ran over by farmer at 14 they never rang the filth lol scare the shit out of you instead 

we look back and laugh at the things now all good memorys even when come a cropper and im good on most of the land today without bother 

freelancing its called getting out and exploring ??

Are you saying you would walk 20 miles on a days mooching?

7 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

Wouldn’t do 20 miles , 10 is a good day ! But it’s a lot of up and down and stopping to watching them hunt and marking , and I wouldn’t be out all day usually home for 1/2 Fack walking 20/30 Miles for a poxy hare catch them about 2 minutes from the house 

i do some hilly big land but not like you have i dont think and its a killer up hill?

6 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

10 is still some going on that heather type ground mate ? it's energy sapping walking on that..

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

yes mate ? 

I think you actually do a bit.. but I think you get a little excited times tbh... What age are you..  30 years ago I'd a done a fair bit of walking with the terriers before we had access to a car... checking burrows.. walked to some land mark areas that would be say 8 miles in a car but cutting through fields and stuff was way shorter than 8 miles...if your walking 20 miles for a few slips I'd change land.. where's your permission the Sahara?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, stop.end said:

I think you actually do a bit.. but I think you get a little excited times tbh... What age are you..  30 years ago I'd a done a fair bit of walking with the terriers before we had access to a car... checking burrows.. walked to some land mark areas that would be say 8 miles in a car but cutting through fields and stuff was way shorter than 8 miles...if your walking 20 miles for a few slips I'd change land.. where's your permission the Sahara?

Worse than that is hull

• Haha 1

I was born mid eightys mate when it get to dead a winter good land hares hard to find mate there on the ball 

This one field there's field after field each way lol 2 walking field in big dip aswell deceiving even on picture I enjoy been out all day if honest ? 20210515_181953.jpg.e3c0b41509223fcd0c125b91a9fa37a0.jpg

• Like 3
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

I was born mid eightys mate when it get to dead a winter good land hares hard to find mate there on the ball 

This one field there's field after field each way lol 2 walking field in big dip aswell deceiving even on picture I enjoy been out all day if honest ? 20210515_181953.jpg.e3c0b41509223fcd0c125b91a9fa37a0.jpg

Looks allwhite

30 miles?!? Is that how far you walk or including how much your dogs run in full total ? ... Seems a fair ass distance tbh mate, I done alot of orienteering as a teen so know what 30 miles of full trekking takes... Fxxk that. On a days beating covering 7 to 10 drives is along day....

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Budgiesmuggler said:

30 miles?!? Is that how far you walk or including how much your dogs run in full total ? ... Seems a fair ass distance tbh mate, I done alot of orienteering as a teen so know what 30 miles of full trekking takes... Fxxk that. On a days beating covering 7 to 10 drives is along day....

I haven't done that in years mate 

But full days winter I can clock 20 mate ?