Carl Williams

19 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

No offence intended, mC , and I walked some hours and distance when I was a lot younger, but I tend to put the "30-40 mile walks" in the same category as the "9 minute courses" and the "200 yard lamping slips" !

Might seem like it at the time, but in retrospect , they weren't quite that ! ??!

Cheers.

lol i never take offence mate be abit of a hypocrite if i did aye?

i dont do 30 plus now mate 

but do 20 miles all the time winter when not as much light and brutal going  if i walk it now summer do it 4 hour i recon 

that isnt guessed mate dead a winter 20 mile wet fields is around 44000 steps  mate  and i had to get there walking when younger 

this season timed a bitch go just shy a 5 mins stop it get on another within 30 seconds and went just over 12 mins before lost 2nd to cover mate so 12 mins overall with 30 sec stop

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 1

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A line is only worth its name if it used extensively,...poor performers need to be removed and young stock should only be offered to men that can enter them sensibly, and test them to the full over a

Got to laugh...pulling up threads from 10 yrs back ...in the hope some mug blows some smoke up his arse? If he was the real deal...then he wouldn't of had a 10 yr break... dogs are a way of life

Problem with the lurcher game is that whilst it is full of passion and thrills,..it can also bring Heartache and sadness.. I'm sure we have all,..been there...? I've been around hunting dogs

Posted Images

Just now, baker boy said:

30 miles is 10 hours of continuous walking, no stopping for a piss, having a sarnie, watching a few runs, that good going when its only light for less than 8 hrs a day during mid winter

?

4 minutes ago, baker boy said:

30 miles is 10 hours of continuous walking, no stopping for a piss, having a sarnie, watching a few runs, that good going when its only light for less than 8 hrs a day during mid winter

lol read the post we would set off light go lamping and it be more  30 mile in winter be set off 10 be back midnight mate ?

can do 20 now mate dead a winter in daylight 

1 hour ago, TOMO said:

i think you should be a fisherman mc ....lol.... i recon 30 mile walk is just streching the truth a tiny wee bit....

He’s actually saying 30 miles out and 30 miles back, so a 60 mile stomp........ no wonder them Salukis are fit. 

2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

He’s actually saying 30 miles out and 30 miles back, so a 60 mile stomp........ no wonder them Salukis are fit. 

no mate lol 30 mile in a day and lamping all together lol

youll see mate when you pop for a run 20 mile daytime walk lol

or is a watch and phone full a shit aswell lol

27 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

no mate lol 30 mile in a day and lamping all together lol

youll see mate when you pop for a run 20 mile daytime walk lol

or is a watch and phone full a shit aswell lol

Sorry I thought you said you’d walk 30 mile and then lamp back, I thought fair play to ye! I do a lot of walking at work and I’m usually out all day, and I rarelY go over 35 k even with taking dogs out as well same day. 

35 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Mate Im just looking at it logically,  walking 30 miles, on good tarmac roads takes about approx 10 hours non stop, now we're talking about coursing and rabbiting in the same 24 hrs period walking thru fields fen bogs whatever, stopping for courses and for lamping, taking a piss and probably a dump, eating drinking and stopping for the odd break and covering 30 miles, how long does that lot take, just wondering like, not arguing

if we used to set off at 10 am and be back midnight sometimes later

you try your hardest not to stop after half way mate lol

if i can walk same spot now roughly  and do 20 miles from 8 until 3 in winter with gps we was 30 miles id say more sometimes ?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Sorry I thought you said you’d walk 30 mile and then lamp back, I thought fair play to ye! I do a lot of walking at work and I’m usually out all day, and I rarelY go over 35 k even with taking dogs out as well same day. 

? you do mate lol and thats every day no sweat for you ?

1 minute ago, baker boy said:

14-15 hours a day is a long old day mate ?

?young kids mate keen to do it now you have to start early season carry it on for fitness i recon lol 

dead a winter 20 mile full day im about faacked now ??

3 hours ago, mC HULL said:

lol tomo i promise you mate we done more than  that 40 plus weve fall asleep middle a winter in dykes lol

if you popped up this season coursing mate ill take you a round trip no roads 20 mile about 44000 steps take most daylight but still be light when we get back to car 

it might be light when you got back to the car....I don't think it would be when I get back...lol...

feck walking 20 miles on muddy fen land...I've had some good days out on the fens over the years...and walked some miles...not that far though...

think I will leave all that caper to you young bucks ..us old uns like to drive to the land then walk just a few miles..

what's the reason you just walk rather than drive to a spot then walk

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TOMO said:

i think you should be a fisherman mc ....lol.... i recon 30 mile walk is just streching the truth a tiny wee bit....

30 mile not long at all especially for keen young men some people don’t drive and have to walk miles to get to any decent land 

3 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

30 mile not long at all especially for keen young men some people don’t drive and have to walk miles to get to any decent land 

30 mile ain't far...

I've been keen all me life...only a few year ago ton-ing up whilst lamping the dogs on 7-8 hour shift..up hill and down dale...and whilst I don't know how far I've walked I know it ain't 30 mile..

30 mile is very far...let's be honest hear

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

it might be light when you got back to the car....I don't think it would be when I get back...lol...

feck walking 20 miles on muddy fen land...I've had some good days out on the fens over the years...and walked some miles...not that far though...

think I will leave all that caper to you young bucks ..us old uns like to drive to the land then walk just a few miles..

what's the reason you just walk rather than drive to a spot then walk

If you don’t believe me more then welcome come down in the season have a night out to get anywhere decent round here takes us 2 hour odd each way walking and that’s the closest real good place to us and we are there a couple hours atleast usually more, if ya keen and wanna go good places but don’t have motor only way to do it