alsatian x greyhound

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

he no legend Ron lol,  there prob loads out there as good or better mate . All i ever wanted from a dog was one that  had  decent  brain, good feet/ coat good stamina , and fair pace, and bit more gri

Coursing sire malli bitch dam atb Bill 

Considering putting a long dog over my bitch in a year or 2. She works all game aswell as the man 

Posted Images

hi lads does anyone know who breeds any first x alsatian/greyhound close to hereford. Any help would be great

best bet is to google german shepherd x greyhound puppies ,

there was litters back along at christmas time in newport and up in the valleys,but i think they might have been lurcher x shepherd.

i have a bitch which is preety much a alsation x greyhound, but is not a first cross, believe she has a bit of collie in the mix back a few generations. she is everythin a need and more, a very good all round dog, and thinkin of mating her next year if i can find a sitable stud.

i have a bitch which is preety much a alsation x greyhound, but is not a first cross, believe she has a bit of collie in the mix back a few generations. she is everythin a need and more, a very good all round dog, and thinkin of mating her next year if i can find a sitable stud.

yeah few of my mates have/had them and they are great dogs. how tall is yours and do you know her weight. mines around 16tts now but hes only nine weeks, not to bad

When you say Alsationx do you mean Alsation or German Sheperd... coz when i was growing up they were two totally different breeds altogether... atb stabba

now a days its my understanding that they are classed as the same breed. i know what your saying as i also thought the long haired stocky ones were alsations and the lighter short haired ones were german shepherds but now they are classed as the same breed. this is my understanding. but if not then she was alsation

Knowing GSD quite well I would imagine they may lack some speed and turning ability for rabbits?? Is this the case?

Also, depending on the GSD line bred to, you may get MANY dogs running back to you after encountering something which bites back......the temperament of this breed is so varied between lines.

Don't get me wrong, from the right lines these dogs can be monsters and hard as rocks, but you have to make sure the right lines are used.

Would love to see more pics as this is definitely a potential cross for this side of the world.

Knowing GSD quite well I would imagine they may lack some speed and turning ability for rabbits?? Is this the case?

Also, depending on the GSD line bred to, you may get MANY dogs running back to you after encountering something which bites back......the temperament of this breed is so varied between lines.

Don't get me wrong, from the right lines these dogs can be monsters and hard as rocks, but you have to make sure the right lines are used.

Would love to see more pics as this is definitely a potential cross for this side of the world.

few of my mates have alsation in there dogs some first x and others not each one is hard as nails i think its just the way there brought up and entered. but there plenty fast enough for rabbits and do well because they use there brains and apply there speed when needed not just run round flat out on a rabbit when not needed. make a great deer dog in your country as they've got the speed to catch them but also the power to hold them.

the name alsation was given to the german shepard during the war, as evrything to do with germany was frowned upon :thumbs:

so they named it after the region of alsas

exactly the story i was told about the breed!! wasnt there full rename at the time (alsas wolf dog) alsas was a little island that not many people new about so it was deemed a better name than german shepard during the war against germany!!