alsatian x greyhound

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

he no legend Ron lol,  there prob loads out there as good or better mate . All i ever wanted from a dog was one that  had  decent  brain, good feet/ coat good stamina , and fair pace, and bit more gri

Coursing sire malli bitch dam atb Bill 

Considering putting a long dog over my bitch in a year or 2. She works all game aswell as the man 

Posted Images

Hound nice looking dog looks like she liked the rats an all

My bitch is bred from a White Gsd bitch that would catch rabbits on the lamp obviously not the strike rate of a half decent lurcher she would catch them,caught one three nights after having the pups arghhhh accident at the back of the house,didnt do her no harm though.

Sire was a hell of a good greyhound proven sire to.

Working line GSD and show line GSD might as well be two different breeds now, I think you would have to use a working line dog to get a decent cross. Show lines are bred for the pet market so have not got the same drive as working line.

The show type Gsd that I have seen have a larched sloping back thin bone structure in compared to mine,unfortunately the kc breed standards do nothing for the breed as far as I am concerned.White Black or long coated are not allowed in the show ring so thats a good place to post-5621-126683087456_thumb.jpgstart,a lot of the working lines now come from Europe.This is Steel my 54 kilo dog marking a fox.

Like with all dogs I have ever bred most important thing after health is it working ability I wouldnt Breed from nothing unless it tick all the boxes,Thats all my white GSD wanted was an extra yard of pace,which her daughter has now got in ubundance

here s a couple of pics i picked from a little selection i have

the bitch was bred by typp ratcher in cumbria

her sire was his large dog solo "alasation x grey "

her dam was a track racing bitch

she has good and bad in her the good been very fast of the mark and very agile

even with a toe off ,good jumper good, striking ability and lovely natured,

the bad in my eyes been quite hard bitten ,not interested in charlie boy and a touch of selective deafness but its not too bad ie slow on recall

otherwise a half decent cross in my eyes

post-42286-126683907458.jpeg

post-42286-12668391119_thumb.jpg

hi all , i had a first cross asation greyhound back in the 1980 s, he was 27inches at the shoulder and weighed 80 pounds , he had feet like a bear and to look at him you wouldn t think he could catch a cold but he was one of the best hare catchers i ve had day or night . he was also excellent on bunnies in the lamp which will surprise a lot of people because of his size. he was also was excellent on the big stuff and charlies . i will post some pics on here soon but have got to wait for my son to do it cause i m shit with the scanner.

pictures as promised

post-47254-126684192578_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

nice dogs some of them what they like at running are the pretty fast or more all rround hunting mooching dogs my mate who had aslaition crosses years ago they coverd the land but not over agile at times beacause of the heavy bone on smaller qaurry rabbits

nice dogs some of them what they like at running are the pretty fast or more all rround hunting mooching dogs my mate who had aslaition crosses years ago they coverd the land but not over agile at times beacause of the heavy bone on smaller qaurry rabbits

i think flint08s mal x topic shows how agile the heaver breeds can be there 100lb in weight and jumping a large 8 bar gate with feet to spare like they were not even trying. its shocking to imagin just how well they can turn as well no different to most lurchers on the market

jumping a five bar gate isnt agile mate i mean turning tite on short grass ,or open feild coursing , or bolting rabb quickness , o r when it was legal chaseing a good buck with agood start, trying to picture them as running dogs ,my mates were handy dogs but been years since i went out with them as they are all gone now , years since i saw them mate , i ran his with mines years ago and were pretty good but nothing specail , at catching stuff werewe stay ,but what i did like was his dogs nature for gaurding and telling him if a water bailife was about as he told me now this is twenty years ago ,but i remember his 5 stone dog dog grabbing the water rat lol by the leg he was screaming one wistle he let go priceless as they had been waiting on and hiding in bushes for young lad with out fishing permits lol ,that whats stands out from what i remeber of them ,and could kill feral cats and foxes easy

seen a few good one's over the years, the old boy i used to hunt with used to have an alsation a big nasty sable b*stard but what a ferreting dog we used to do a lot of night time ferreting in them days on the tatton estate he'd let you know if anybody was about and more than once pulled us out of the sh*t

• Like 1