1 hour ago, scothunter said:

There f***ing  huge things  have watched a pair when out with the dog. 

Wonder what would win between a golden eagle and a Scottish wild cat lol

im sure it was lee mcnally that wrote an article in the shooting times years ago....about witnessing a fight between a wild cat and an eagle...the eagle eventualy flew off with the cat....but then droped it from a hight....killing the cat....but later the eagle was found dead as well...died from injurys caused in the fight

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will donate this camera to your cat hunting if you would like it  lumix fz72 60x zoom 

Was out for a walk with the dogs this morning, bumped into a fellow I sort of know through a lot of common interests we often stop for a chat,he hunts a bit and likes his old cars I have something for

Just re reading the whole thread and you’ve come under some real stick mate .Apologies for my part .Doesn’t mean I’m a believer just embarrassing some of the comments 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Greyman said:

So did I when I first read it, but it's to do with the offspring and how many they have, how many survive and how soon they start there own family if you had 2 rabbits in an enclosure and 2 cats in another the cat family would outgrow the rabbit family within a year, possibly to do with rabbits being a natural prey animal for everything and everyone to dine on and cats even domestic/ferals are still a decent preditor so would have a much higher survival rate, cats have a much longer lifespan than a rabbit so the one original cat can also still be pumping out kittens in ten years time when bugs bunny is long gone, feral cats are a massive nuisance to the ecology 

Based on that cats would have a greater population than rabbits and feral cats would be a local thing UK wide 

5 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Based on that cats would have a greater population than rabbits and feral cats would be a local thing UK wide 

They probably would be a local thing UK wide if it wasn't for the trapping and neutering programs that go on up and down the country to be fair.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

They would,nt need to be fast mate I,m past legging it and thankfully the ones I'm after are solitary and smaller, so I,m confident between me my knife and my pack I,m in with a sporting chance might even get the body everyone craves and a few action man scars for good measure 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 15:11, Rusty_terrier said:

Also took my drone out for a shot today will upload some pictures later.

Getting a lend of my nephews drone tomorrow,going to have to get a loan of an I-phone as well,you clip the I-phone onto the controls,its got a range of over 4 miles,top speed of 40 mph?Should be interesting :thumbs:

Looks good mate,the one I am lending is a mavic pro,i will take a pic of it tomorrow,dont know how long it takes to learn to fly it,this is the one.......

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

That looks really good . You got anywhere decent near you to fly it ?

Have to practice with it first,might go to box hill in surrey?I will get a couple of pics of it tomorrow.

In general, the Scottish wildcat is larger than the domestic cat, with longer legs, a larger head and, overall, a more muscular or robust appearance. Males can have a total length, including their tail, of 823–981 millimetres and weigh 3.77–7.26 kilograms.

Sorry not great quality but my normal screen photo from laptop to iPad, but here is a pretty large feral that appears to live in a sett  with a fox, have been looking at a few films on ferals in aus and it seems that they often live underground in rabbit bury,s I have several more of him going in and out the same sett and of the five cams in this area he only ever shows up near this one the fox also appears to have three legs so maybe a marriage of convenience certainly an odd couple, 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3
  • paulus locked this topic
  • paulus unlocked this topic