I've never believed in a God . My parents didn't either . I think that present day science rtf can prove that most of the bible didn't happen or would have been impossible. Moses parting the sea etc . Also seen with modern day magicians what you can get people to believe with a good slight of hand and I'd imagine in a more feral time of living it would have been easy to trick people .

Jesus/God/the virgin Mary sounds like the ramblings of a man with mental health issues . Virgin Mary sounds like the lady slept with someone behind her husband's back and kept the lie going so strongly that people believed her . Life was awefull got common people then so it's no suprise when somebody says "these are the 10 commandments to live by". They start believing in them . Those commandments basically mean " don't be a horrible c**t and hurt people's feelings". It's a nice idyllic thought about the way life should be . Who wouldn't clamber for that when death and horrible shot happens daily .

All it takes is one ruler to get with that idea and its played to the masses . It also helps because if people feel tied in to something greater than themselves they will be more subservant and will be easier people to control . Medievil times when war was visceral and horrific , if people think their going to heaven / vallhala etc when they die then they are more plyable to be part of great attrocities knowing it's gods will and after death they will be met with heaven or virgins .

I believe that science has proven that the earths population of people started because of correct climate and evolution . Same as with the animals . After we die we just dissapear , our living conscience just gets turned off and were gone

Now I might be wrong 100% . I know nothing of it really . If a real belief of God Nd a afterlife is part of your life and gives you focus in your life then I'm happy for you. So any people in the world are lost souls without a purpose . My purposes in life have changed. As a late teen it was enjoying my life whatever way gave me most enjoyment. Since kids my purpose is to get them grown up with a happy outlook on life so they can attack the world any way they want .

• Like 7

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not for me mate,,just a story to keep folk in line by rulers in older days...   My old gran who was a church goer,,,,,she would say the bible got it wrong,,,and God and the devil were just spelling

I've never believed in a God . My parents didn't either . I think that present day science rtf can prove that most of the bible didn't happen or would have been impossible. Moses parting the sea etc

Cain married his sister and thus God created......Norfolk !

Posted Images

Not a believer , I can't get my head around someone sitting in his workshop knocking out the world and all that's on in or on it ...especially in six days ..

Yes but who is to say a day lasted 24hrs back then? A day should of been one of our weeks :laugh:
Valid point mate ...in that case ?

When I was a kid only time I went to Church was with school or a wedding, when I was small they sent me to Sunday school that only lasted couple visits don't know why.

My own kids none of them are christened/baptised we decided it was for them to choose when they are older.

Since my wife's been volunteering at foodbank which is run at one of the churches she's got all religious attending bible readings ,sometimes going on a Sunday morning, dunno if they brain washed her, she's took couple younger kids to Sunday school they see to enjoy it.

Do I belive in it NO , world was different back then they were superstitious and things get altered or lost through time bit like chinese whispers,so couldn't believe in it.

Sooner worship the cult of oil like in mad max lol

This topic cracks me up these days, thl massive are not experts in the bible lol

Whoever on this topic says science disproves the bible, id like to see it, because morder acadamiea cannot do this, so I doubt anyone on here can.

But its everyones choice what they beleive, but I find it funny people scoff at the bible but cant disprove it in anyway.

• Like 3

Eternity is a long time to be wrong ?

That's why so many people are religious! They're scared.....

I work mainly in churches now installing AV and doing some Electrical work. I am the most un religious person you will ever meet, that doesn't mean I'm not educated in all religions and beliefs as I am. It interests me how and why so many people believe in what they do and the history behind religions and how they can pretty much all be linked in one way or another to the same beginnings.

But it honestly blows my mind that especially in this day and age people still believe that we were created by a mystical being with super powers in 7 days and live their life's by what their book says. It's lunacy of the highest order in my opinion and a complete waste of time and time is precious. But if it makes you happy then crack on.

When ya dead ya dead! It is what it is.

I work mainly in churches now installing AV and doing some Electrical work. I am the most un religious person you will ever meet, that doesn't mean I'm not educated in all religions and beliefs as I am. It interests me how and why so many people believe in what they do and the history behind religions and how they can pretty much all be linked in one way or another to the same beginnings.

But it honestly blows my mind that especially in this day and age people still believe that we were created by a mystical being with super powers in 7 days and live their life's by what their book says. It's lunacy of the highest order in my opinion and a complete waste of time and time is precious. But if it makes you happy then crack on.

Lol are you sure, you say you know alot about religons, give me one good reason why the bibles false, just asking cause your calling me a lunatic lol

I think the minute you stop trying to look at God as " a man " you start to see things with a clearer mind......ive tried to go to church but i just dont feel comfortable it feels like everyones staring at me although i know they,re not but i guess its an area of life we all have to just figure out on our own.....ive got a little hideaway abroad that i spend a lot of time at and theres a tiny little chapel tucked away up in the hills a few miles away i can sit in there for hours and completely clear my mind.....its then that everything makes sense and regardless of any scientific literature nothing makes as much sense as belief in a higher power......only when i come back to this crazy place do i even begin to doubt it !

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4

This topic cracks me up these days, thl massive are not experts in the bible lol

Whoever on this topic says science disproves the bible, id like to see it, because morder acadamiea cannot do this, so I doubt anyone on here can.

But its everyones choice what they beleive, but I find it funny people scoff at the bible but cant disprove it in anyway.

Ok I will bite .

You will have to help me out here but Moses parted the red sea apparently .

Science can pretty much guarantee that a human being brandishing a staff at the ocean won't make it open up to let people walk through .

• Like 1

Lol are you sure, you say you know alot about religons, give me one good reason why the bibles false, just asking cause your calling me a lunatic lol
because it was written by men for the sole purpose to control & for thrre own gain. Also it contradicts itself from beginning to end!

its a fairy story nothing more.

• Like 2

Sperm 1 – Hey what are you doing? Hurry up you are going to miss the big race

Sperm2 – What race?

Sperm 1 – The race to become a human dopey

Sperm2 – Oh that shite I don’t believe in humans

There once was a man who did not believe in trucks, even though all visual and audible evidence was contrary to his belief, to prove his point he stood in front of an oncoming vehicle.

The moral of the story is, it doesn’t matter what you believe, in the end that won’t change the truth, but possibly the destination... :laugh:

Why you so defensive! I said "in my opinion" it's lunacy to believe what you believe. I never said you're all lunatics...even though for a man to believe woman were created from the rib of a man who was created by a magical superpower is pretty bloody crazy!!! The bible is full of falsities start to finish as is the Qaran the Tora etc etc

What's ironic is that religion, especially the religions of "peace" are responsible for more evil doings than anything else on this planet.

• Like 2

Ok I will bite .

You will have to help me out here but Moses parted the red sea apparently .

Science can pretty much guarantee that a human being brandishing a staff at the ocean won't make it open up to let people walk through .

Can science prove Moses and his followers didn't cross the red sea ? Maybe he could swim and so could his followers (or they learned pretty quick lol) and the Egyptians couldn't :laugh: