Traffic highways officers

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Those were the days !

D248BAE1-F59E-4068-A7D9-27A9CAFCF15A.jpeg.cdc2fcffe7c3d9ab23670c6eaeb3b878.jpeg

8F25A0C7-F717-49EC-895A-129B4C883664.jpeg.2abab800ee4d82825195cdadd23f9e65.jpeg

Cheers.

Pretty sure the first plod car i ever had the misfortune to be sat in was a Vauxhall Victor.......giving my age away now :laugh:

• Haha 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Silver blanket" Is that a facial from an older gentleman ?

Them highways bods  get about £27000 a year I’d not sit in Ferrari for that,  watching your fat bald work colleague push a stinking double cheese burger down his gullet while farting n burping.then go

i would imaging having these vehicles it covers all aspects of driving, off road on road and winter conditions, also, these vehicles can probably carry more sizeable emergency equipment for motorway u

Posted Images

I have no problem with the boys and girls in blue being issued with the best possible kit with which to do their jobs, but where are they? It's anarchy on the roads these days with people driving like Mr. McGoo (the original, not our esteemed saluki loving THL member) or characters from a Mad Max movie, but you never see them getting a pull. They did get me last year though clocked at 80mph on A1M at 03:47 in the morning trying to make a 08:00 work meeting a long way from home.

• Like 1

May look like overspending to some but consider they might be in them for a full shift having something which is a step up from a ford shitbucket (don`t like them apart from transits). They also carry a hell of a lot of gear, are out in all weathers and some will be used for towing or pulling overturned motors back onto their wheels so a fairly heavy, powerful and preferably 4x4 is what they need and so choose to get, not sure about L/R products with their track record for reliability though.

• Like 1

It just shows the state of the place, I can’t remember the last time I saw an actual police car sat on the motorway on one of their little look out ramps!….i know where the the camera van will be on the bridge every other week but apart from that not a sniff of a traffic vehicle.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

I just thought they would have something more cost effective 

They don’t need something more cost effective, they are pretty much self funded so they just nick it from us poor b*****ds  !

f***ing load of school prefect, failed traffic warden, parasitic horrible c**ts ! 

Edited to add:

Sorry, my mistake, I was thinking of VOSA……still, it’s nerds club all the same and I’d have them on a f***ing push iron !

We already have motorway cozzers sat on their fat arse and treating a broken tale light like it’s Brinks Mat, why are people having to pay for another load of non starters to be sitting around doing f**k all. 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, WILF said:

They don’t need something more cost effective, they are pretty much self funded so they just nick it from us poor b*****ds  !

f***ing load of school prefect, failed traffic warden, parasitic horrible c**ts ! 

Edited to add:

Sorry, my mistake, I was thinking of VOSA……still, it’s nerds club all the same and I’d have them on a f***ing push iron !

We already have motorway cozzers sat on their fat arse and treating a broken tale light like it’s Brinks Mat, why are people having to pay for another load of non starters to be sitting around doing f**k all. 

Your a miserable cnut you are wilf 🤣

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Your a miserable cnut you are wilf 🤣

Strangely enough, you’re not the first to say that ! Lol 

• Haha 1

Worked for a Mitsubishi dealer mid 2000s  , Mitsubishi  used o supply Police &  the wombles ( Highways ) with hugely discounted base model cars such as Shoguns etc , reckoned it was good advertising for them  , i remember we had a police Shogun recovered to us with a seized engine  well out of warranty . Mitsi supplied & fitted an engine Foc approx £10k s worth .

Them highways bods  get about £27000 a year I’d not sit in Ferrari for that,  watching your fat bald work colleague push a stinking double cheese burger down his gullet while farting n burping.then go and risk your life helping some paki who’s got a flat tyre. 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Qbgrey said:

Them highways bods  get about £27000 a year I’d not sit in Ferrari for that,  watching your fat bald work colleague push a stinking double cheese burger down his gullet while farting n burping.then go and risk your life helping some paki who’s got a flat tyre. 

Huckin hell

Police had a deal with BMW , something like 40k motor for 15k with the condition that all motor have multiple holes bored through engine block etc so as not to flood market. My mate has bought a few , arse fell out of it a bit after they had a fire issue and that copper got killed in one due to fault...

• Like 1

I love this site...lol

Only on here could you have ordinary chaps  moaning about ordinary chaps going out to work and earning a living...and a living that's just over the min wage...just remember these guys are working in a dangerous environment helping copers with accidents etc....who cares if they drive round in a big safe motor

• Like 2

I just think they are yet another example of government “making things up” that apparently we really need but never, ever needed before.

All these “agency’s” do nothing more than take from the productive part of society and transfer that money to the unproductive part.

I suppose the calculation is that they are cheaper than cozzers I’d imagine but f**k me, talk about non job !

What happened to just phone the f***ing AA ?

10 hours ago, Borr said:

Police had a deal with BMW , something like 40k motor for 15k with the condition that all motor have multiple holes bored through engine block etc so as not to flood market. My mate has bought a few , arse fell out of it a bit after they had a fire issue and that copper got killed in one due to fault...

When North Wales police switched to BM`s they forgot to take into account the fact that none of the current crop knew how to drive RWD cars fast, they wrote off a few before the penny dropped and they all had a bit of re-training (and as they are not technically insured, they had to swallow the cost of the write-offs themselves)

• Like 1

Yep also saw one police force spends £40/50k on putting wrong fuel in vehicles by mistake. The could certainly simplify their vehicle system, but seem to operate a bit like mod .