Wildlife Getting Closer

Raw egg seems to have stimulated his appetite and milk  have removed most of the ticks and will pop up the abattoir in a bit to get some liver to help replace iron etc Surprised he is still here and not quite out of the woods yet  but a bit more confident 

0BBCFDF5-7A83-4131-8392-B791C0C8727D.jpeg

• Like 17

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wish I'd had my camera still not bad for phone shots. Cheers Arry

Raw egg seems to have stimulated his appetite and milk  have removed most of the ticks and will pop up the abattoir in a bit to get some liver to help replace iron etc Surprised he is still here and n

I see that up at my woodland in Wales.  When the pheasant poults are taken to the release pens , it's not unusual to see 20 to 30 , red kites, buzzards , and ravens , all circling together. Its q

Posted Images

He’s banging the liver down now feeling a bit more confident will start on a house for him if he makes the week as he’s stinking the boat out 

6CB567C7-58BA-4BA4-854C-FEF6B69BF1AB.jpeg

7BAF249C-8F90-4518-BDFB-52D63BCCB409.jpeg

• Like 13
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

He’s banging the liver down now feeling a bit more confident will start on a house for him if he makes the week as he’s stinking the boat out 

Give him a bath and get him on some meadow hay Lol

On 15/04/2024 at 20:29, NEWKID said:

Like everything they will spread as the population grows and they need to find new territories for nesting sites and food ..I'm sure you'll see them in Dorset and theyll be in Devon making a racket!

We have 4 little colonies here atleast; bombed out church, saltram blockhouse park and central park. You hear them well before you see them

• Like 1
On 22/04/2024 at 12:35, Gilbey said:

Haven't heard Our blackbirds mimic, just sing brilliantly of an evening, love it.

Starlings round here have bits of duck and buzzard mixed into there song, and for as long as I can remember they've called like curlews.

Red kites are rare, just the odd one seen

Glad to still see the odd few pairs of Lapwings around me though no where near the numbers I remember seeing in the 70s another bird like the grey partridge that has took an hammering due to modern farming practices and the rise in other species detrimental to their survival. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Glad to still see the odd few pairs of Lapwings around me though no where near the numbers I remember seeing in the 70s another bird like the grey partridge that has took an hammering due to modern farming practices and the rise in other species detrimental to their survival. 

Some f***ing lemon shot a white tailed eagle down the road to me last month !

Divs, things fitted with a tracker and everything ! 

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Quite a few Peewits around home compared to other places, though they have a fair job protecting their young at times like you say.

Some land near work is in some sort of wildlife scheme and its actually done away with the Peewits. He plants a seed mix and its left, which has been great for finches and roe, but every year at nesting time they harrow it etc they dwindled away to nowt, madness

• Like 1
On 14/05/2024 at 14:27, Greyman said:

How’s he doing ?  

14 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

How’s he doing ?  

Still here mate sleeps all day only wakes up for food and a shite but he’s eating well and has no blood in his crap so hopefully will survive, has eaten three little bowls of liver and a chicken wing already today, when he gets a bit stronger I will give him a wash in hubby scrub he is covered in scabs and still finding odd ticks on him 

B46C048D-A836-4320-A2A6-B2B2490925C1.jpeg

E1B9A487-9BA7-4133-B2BF-41958FF27B97.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Greyman said:

Still here mate sleeps all day only wakes up for food and a shite but he’s eating well and has no blood in his crap so hopefully will survive, has eaten three little bowls of liver and a chicken wing already today, when he gets a bit stronger I will give him a wash in hubby scrub he is covered in scabs and still finding odd ticks on him 

B46C048D-A836-4320-A2A6-B2B2490925C1.jpeg

E1B9A487-9BA7-4133-B2BF-41958FF27B97.jpeg

That’s brill …. Lucky bugger sounds like he’s landed on his feet … good on you 👍

• Like 4

My kids find it hard to comprehend that I will kill anything but am always rescuing injured things have had hedgehogs,squirrels a bat and a mish mash of birds over the years all living in my house or sheds in the garden this is the first thing since I moved onto my boat but I’m sure it won’t be the last 

• Like 5