29 minutes ago, Francie, said:

I dont think it's all under license chid,even still they can hunt fox badger etc

You can hunt hares here in the north of ireland with lurchers legit,in south of ireland you can't,but ye can hunt fox rabbit an the rest no bother without a license an long may it last

I thought you could still hunt foxes up there as well mate ?

I think France is like a club system ? and in Finland you can just dig badgers and raccoon dogs until the cows come home. 

Germany is mostly a shooting country I think hence deer stands absolutely everywhere. 

Can speak for the rest but I doubt they are dedicating huge resources and chunks of their police force to such pathetic shit….let’s be honest, if you are leathering a pig in the wilds of Croatia who the f**k is going to stop you 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

gone a the days walking off the back fields with a couple of hares or bambi over the shoulder threw the estate and home such a massive change in 20 years imagine in another 20

Made ends meet by squeaking up Charley for the pelts Squirrel tails Jays wing Rabbits etc. Different days they just twat every thing now with night sights. Keepers from the bordering estate to one of

The coursing game and hunting with dogs the laws surrounding it have changed beyond imagination that some of us older generation could ever imagine in such a short space in time and not only is it the

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

The cream always comes to the top as the saying goes. 

Absolutely and the shite falls to the bottom, but you only find that out slinging them at stuff.

Ive had some shit in my time, one that springs to mind got shown more work in every part of the country than I care to remember.

Lots of that was out the back of a Landrover and that is some way to cover ground and put tackle in front of dogs.

That dog had more time and more chances than enough and that was only possible with wheels, funny enough as I remember his last outing was a night out with Downsouth and that was it, I couldn’t take no more and shot the dog the following day. 

Tipping things out in front of tackle is how you find out mate.

Edited by WILF
35 minutes ago, WILF said:

Absolutely and the shite falls to the bottom, but you only find that out slinging them at stuff.

Ive had some shit in my time, one that springs to mind got shown more work in every part of the country than I care to remember.

Lots of that was out the back of a Landrover and that is some way to cover ground and put tackle in front of dogs.

That dog had more time and more chances than enough and that was only possible with wheels, funny enough as I remember his last outing was a night out with Downsouth and that was it, I couldn’t take no more and shot the dog the following day. 

Tipping things out in front of tackle is how you find out mate.

Driving the land was never really a thing here, road siding yes but when fields are the size of postage stamps it just doesn't work. 

When I was really keen I'd be Lamping a couple of nights a week, digging on a Saturday and out with hounds on a Sunday and that was every week of the season, didn't take long to find out what you were feeding and only the gooduns made it, only way to find out what you have is to put gear in front of them, I'll not judge a man to much on how he goes about doing it. 

• Like 4
12 hours ago, WILF said:

I thought you could still hunt foxes up there as well mate ?

I think France is like a club system ? and in Finland you can just dig badgers and raccoon dogs until the cows come home. 

Germany is mostly a shooting country I think hence deer stands absolutely everywhere. 

Can speak for the rest but I doubt they are dedicating huge resources and chunks of their police force to such pathetic shit….let’s be honest, if you are leathering a pig in the wilds of Croatia who the f**k is going to stop you 

Aye ye can hunt foxes nb wilf

• Like 1
15 hours ago, mC HULL said:

out the motor is ok at times a must but i don’t drive land what can can you drive winter none really 

You're still wet behind the ears until you've skimmed the winter slop in a Renault Fuego

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Driving the land was never really a thing here, road siding yes but when fields are the size of postage stamps it just doesn't work. 

When I was really keen I'd be Lamping a couple of nights a week, digging on a Saturday and out with hounds on a Sunday and that was every week of the season, didn't take long to find out what you were feeding and only the gooduns made it, only way to find out what you have is to put gear in front of them, I'll not judge a man to much on how he goes about doing it. 

What I took away from owning that dog mate was, I wouldn’t be wasting so much time, money and energy on a dog again….half a clue they were were shite and they were gone.

Thats why I don’t have much problem with these lads who are out throwing dogs at gear and going through them…..they won’t be getting rid of the ones that can take it and that’s the one worth  having a pup from. 

jmho of course 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, mC HULL said:

out the motor is ok at times a must but i don’t drive land what can can you drive winter none really 

You’d be surprised where a forester will take you lol 

• Haha 1
Just now, lurcherman 887 said:

You’d be surprised where a forester will take you lol 

you can’t drive fields this way winter mate lol subaru be stuck past sills even some tracks be a no no 

8 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you can’t drive fields this way winter mate lol subaru be stuck past sills even some tracks be a no no 

Subaru is so last season mate..the little jimny skips across the slop with the finese of a leveret 😅

20231118_121917.jpg.25e1e25743cb4e5f2c6019c2153539fc.jpg

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, king said:

Subaru is so last season mate..the little jimny skips across the slop with the finese of a leveret 😅

20231118_121917.jpg.25e1e25743cb4e5f2c6019c2153539fc.jpg

descent little motors mate capable aswell but it’s not a pair of froggos 

• Haha 1
On 06/04/2024 at 10:33, terryd said:

. Having a dog you can call off would be handy but that’s beyond me. But we will plod on 

👍. Glad I’m not the only one , If only ….. 

• Like 1

Must be a gutter for anyone loosing good permission around you for a number of reasons though I would think with the present laws that will become even harsher when Labour get in power especially if landowners can be dragged through the courts and prosecuted for letting someone run a few hare's on their land and I get were the lad's coming from who started the thread I know it's the last thing I would want in today's climate my name plastering all over the Internet and social media for running dogs and a bit of poaching were in the past some of my convictions for trespassing in pursuit never made the local rags in court reports. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

You're still wet behind the ears until you've skimmed the winter slop in a Renault Fuego

Renault Fuego? Came close to buying a couple but by the time they were in my budget were 1 step away from the scrapyard and held together with bodge and old newspapers, interesting looking cars though. Before car designers started using the postman Pat van as their inspiration. 

renault_fuego_1980_images_2_b.jpg

36 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Renault Fuego? Came close to buying a couple but by the time they were in my budget were 1 step away from the scrapyard and held together with bodge and old newspapers, interesting looking cars though. Before car designers started using the postman Pat van as their inspiration. 

The Cheviot Yeti has a pair just like that, he wears them as slip ons when he goes foxing with his collie greyhound as they don't make them in his size from leather 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, eastcoast said:

You had a lucky escape, what an ugly car! It's french so I guess it goes with the territory.. whilst we were building E type Jags, the French were presenting the Citroen Ami! Lol