100% coal tar creosote,

9 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

I just bought 25 litres of that stinky creosote, thought id be clever and filled up a weed killer pump spray , it was going on  my fence  rapid until a powerful cross wind flew threw, fuk me I looked like james brown 

Get down!

• Haha 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just bought 25 litres of that stinky creosote, thought id be clever and filled up a weed killer pump spray , it was going on  my fence  rapid until a powerful cross wind flew threw, fuk me I looked

I love the smell of the stuff.....same as Poxon,we used to mix it with used engine oil for everything timber down the allotments.... shit lasts for time,modern tanalised timber is shite in comparison

Made a start on the back fence. The smell of nostalgia 😂 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, neil r said:

You can still get the real thing , they just don’t sell it to the general public . I’ve just done an engine oil/creosote mix on this pallet wood chicken run , hopefully lasts a good few years but 40 years is some going  . 

IMG_1952.jpeg

My misses dad used to do his fence every summer religiously he’d probably not done it for about 5yrs before it was removed he’s getting on abit he’s in his 80s but was still a solid fence when removed used to crack me up when I used to go up there in the summer there used to be a stong smell of creosote you’d look at the fence it’d look like it was bleeding of creosote. I do like the smell of the stuff though 

• Like 3

got stitched up by a neighbour as a kid ruthless it was and one lad got it threw over them i just thought it was paint i ended up drs took myself burning itch to much lol  one lad ended up hospital

On 19/03/2024 at 18:54, king said:

Just ordered a 25l drum online mate.as I said that ronseal is shit stuff..so proper creosote the fence is having..

Where on line?

1 hour ago, vfr400boy said:

Was they good to deal with king ? I might get a drum for the hen house 

The website said 2/3 days for delivery mate..so hopefully today or tommorow..i ordered online with them..no phone call 👍

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/03/2024 at 08:31, king said:

The website said 2/3 days for delivery mate..so hopefully today or tommorow..i ordered online with them..no phone call 👍

Did it come n any good ? 

1 hour ago, vfr400boy said:

Did it come n any good ? 

Yes mate it arrived in 3 or 4 days.

Used a battery paint pressure sprayer for the fences went on neat didn't have to thin it down..proper strong smell with it..I'm fully converted from the water based ronseal stuff now..

• Like 1

Just ordered a drum...my dad used to mix with used engine oil, is there any benefit to doing that, I think someone on here mentioned doing it 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Just ordered a drum...my dad used to mix with used engine oil, is there any benefit to doing that, I think someone on here mentioned doing it 

It improves the water shedding, but it never really dries, so don’t put it anywhere you are going to come into contact with it or it’ll ruin your clothes. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
On 30/03/2024 at 12:52, DIDO.1 said:

It takes ages, months to dry. Unless you timber is proper dry.  It will go a lot further and used engine oil is free. I've known it to be mixed with diesel too, but that was when diesel was cheap and red. Creosote, old oil and diesel, lovely. My friends Father used to do the kennels, stables, coops and pretty much everything outside. I've ruined plenty of clothes round there, my Ma used to do her nut at me.

5 minutes ago, leegreen said:

It takes ages, months to dry. Unless you timber is proper dry.  It will go a lot further and used engine oil is free. I've known it to be mixed with diesel too, but that was when diesel was cheap and red. Creosote, old oil and diesel, lovely. My friends Father used to do the kennels, stables, coops and pretty much everything outside. I've ruined plenty of clothes round there, my Ma used to do her nut at me.

We don't have a big garden so it's just the back fence I'm using it on. 

My dad used to do all the fences and the backs of the sheds in creosote/oil mixed. 

I'll get some overalls on 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, leegreen said:

I've got a dog kennel here that I've had for 30+ years. it was secondhand when I bought it and made out of recycled materials. The kennel comes apart, flat pack style and when I last moved 23 years ago, it was still sticky and messy to touch in between the joints. I treated it and replaced the roof back then and it is only now it is ready to be replaced. So I would say its cushty.